The vegan options at Taco Bell are probably our #1 go-to on road trips. What exit we’re going to stop and get gas at is usually dictated by if it has a Taco Bell. With the addition of being able to order something “fresco style”, you are staying in the Taco Bell worker’s wheelhouse which tends to lead to more correct orders.
Bean Burritos “fresco style” with Fire or Mild sauce is our most ordered option and Cinnamon Twists are always a nice little bonus. Next time you need a quick bite on a road trip, or anytime really, try out the vegan options at Taco Bell.
Vegan Options at Taco Bell
The 101 On Ordering Vegan at Taco Bell.
- Order exactly how we have said to do it below. We have included all ingredients listed with exactly which to eliminate. -OR-
- If you know the item is already vegetarian, you can ask for it to be made “fresco style.” This takes out any dairy but ALSO guacamole and replaces them with pico de gallo.
- Ordering online is available at most locations & makes it super easy to ensure you are ordering & subbing ingredients correctly.
VeggL Quick Order
- Crunchy or Soft Taco includes lettuce. Order with NO cheese or beef. Substitute with black and/or pinto beans.
- Crunchy or Soft Taco Supreme includes lettuce & tomatoes. Order with NO cheese, sour cream or beef. Substitute with black and/or pinto beans.
- Bean Burrito includes pinto beans, red sauce & onions. Order with NO cheese
- Cheesy Bean & Rice Burrito includes pinto beans & seasoned rice. Order with NO cheese sauce or creamy jalapeno sauce
- Burrito Supreme includes pinto beans, tomatoes, onion, red sauce & lettuce. Order with NO beef or sour cream
- Black Bean Crunchwrap Supreme includes black beans, tomatoes & lettuce. Order with NO sour cream or nacho cheese sauce
- Nachos Bellgrande includes nachos, tomatoes & pinto beans. Order NO nacho cheese sauce, sour cream or beef. Substitute with black or more pinto beans & guacamole.
- Black Bean Quesarito includes black beans & seasoned rice. Order with NO sour cream, cheese, nacho cheese sauce or chipotle sauce
- Chalupa Supreme includes tomato & lettuce. Order with NO beef, cheese or sour cream. Substitute with beans. Add guacamole (optional)
- Mexican Pizza includes tomatoes, pinto beans & Mexican pizza sauce. Order with NO cheese or beef. Substitute with more pinto beans or black beans. Add guacamole for that extra pop.
- Power Menu Veggie Bowl includes black beans, seasoned rice, guacamole, lettuce & pico de gallo. Order with NO cheese, sour cream or avocado ranch dressing
- Black Beans is a bowl of black beans
- Seasoned Rice is a bowl of seasoned rice
- Black Beans & Rice is a bowl of black beans and seasoned rice
- Chips and… Guacamole, Salsa or Pico De Gallo
- Pintos N Cheese includes pinto beans & red sauce. Advise NO cheese. Add guacamole(optional)
- Hash Brown
- Cinnamon Twists =yum!
- Green Chili Sauce
- Green Tomatillo Sauce
- Mexican Pizza Sauce
- Red Sauce
- Salsa Del Sol
- Diablo Sauce Packet
- Hot Sauce Packet
- Mild Sauce Packet
Taco Bell Vegan FAQ
Are Nacho Fries Vegan?
Short Answer: yes, the Nacho Fries at Taco Bell are vegan. Just make sure to order them WITHOUT the Nacho Cheese dipping sauce. Long Answer: Are Taco Bell’s Nacho Fries Vegan?
Does Taco Bell Have Beyond Meat?
Taco Bell does not have Beyond Meat. At least not yet, but according to a recent announcement, Beyond Meat may be on the Taco Bell menu soon.
Are the refried beans at Taco Bell vegan?
Yes! Here is the official ingredient list from Taco Bell’s website: Pinto beans, soybean oil, seasoning (salt, sugar, spice, beet powder (VC), natural flavors, sunflower oil, maltodextrin, corn flour, trehalose, modified cornstarch). [certified vegan]
Does Taco Bell offer Potatoes?
In August 2020, Taco Bell removed their potatoes from the menu. However, they appear to be making a comeback soon.
Is the Chalupa shell vegan?
Yes! If you look at Taco Bell’s allergen information, the Chalupa shell ingredients list says, “Certified Vegan.” You will have to substitute the beef for beans and order NO sour cream or cheese.
Which ingredients are “Certified Vegan?”
Chalupa Shell, Crunchy Taco Shell, Soft Taco Shell, Nacho Chips, Hash Brown, Black Beans, Seasoned Refried Beans, Seasoned Rice, Tomatoes, Lettuce, Jalapeno Peppers, Onions, Guacamole, Cinnamon Twist, Hash Browns
Are Taco Bell Freezes vegan?
Yes. We don’t list soft drinks on VeggL because they are inherently all vegan and the freezes at Taco Bell would fall into this category.
VeggL Cheat Sheet Guides
Ryan’s Pick: Bean Burritos “Fresco Style”. To be very specific, 3 Bean Burritos “Fresco Style” with Fire Sauce. As mentioned above, this is probably my favorite road trip quick stop meal. Pro Tip – Don’t try to open up the burrito to add the sauce, just squeeze out a bit onto the end of each bite. Perfection!
Jen’s Pick: Bean Burrito “Fresco Style,” with 2 packets of Mild Sauce/burrito will always be my go-to with Cinnamon Twists. I do love a tostada though too!
- If you’d like to check out Taco Bell’s full menu, head over their Official Menu Page
- Taco Bell not quite what you’re looking for? Check out Del Taco, Chipotle or one of our other over 115 Cheat Sheets for popular chain restaurants.
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know
Taco Bell Update Log
- Potatoes are back, and Beyond Meat may be coming soon! (1/15/21)
- Nacho Fries are Back! However, they’re not vegan. We added a FAQ item to address this. (1/1/2021)
- Taco Bell updated their menu August 2020. We have reflected their changes