The vegan options at Taco Bell are probably our #1 go-to on road trips. What exit we’re going to stop and get gas at is usually dictated by if it has a Taco Bell. With the addition of being able to order something “fresco style”, you are staying in the Taco Bell worker’s wheelhouse which tends to lead to more correct orders. Bean Burritos “fresco style” with Fire or Mild sauce is our most ordered option and Cinnamon Twists are always a nice little bonus. Next time you need a quick bite on a road trip, or anytime really, try out the vegan options at Taco Bell.
Vegan Options at Taco Bell
The 101 On Ordering Vegan at Taco Bell.
- Order exactly how we have said to do it below. We have included all ingredients listed with exactly which to eliminate. -OR-
- If you know the item is already vegetarian, you can ask for it to be made “fresco style.” This takes out any dairy but ALSO guacamole and replaces them with pico de gallo.
- Ordering online is available at most locations & makes it super easy to ensure you are ordering & subbing ingredients correctly.
VeggL Quick Order
- Black Bean Crunchwrap Supreme includes black beans, tomatoes & lettuce. Advise NO sour cream or nacho cheese sauce
- Bean Burrito includes pinto beans, red sauce & onions. Advise NO cheese
- Black Bean Burrito includes black beans, rice & red sauce. Advise NO cheese
- Cheesy Bean & Rice Burrito includes pinto beans & seasoned rice. Advise NO cheese sauce or creamy jalapeno sauce
- Power Menu Veggie Bowl includes black beans, seasoned rice, guacamole & pico de gallo. Advise NO cheese, sour cream or avocado ranch dressing
- Crunchy or Soft Taco includes lettuce. Advise NO cheese or beef. Substitute with black and/or pinto beans.
- Crunchy or Soft Taco Supreme includes lettuce & tomatoes. Advise NO cheese, sour cream or beef. Substitute with black and/or pinto beans.
- ^Spicy Potato Soft Taco includes potatoes & lettuce. Advise NO cheese or chipotle sauce.
- ^Fiesta Taco Salad includes seasoned rice, lettuce, pinto beans, tomatoes & red tortilla strips. Advise NO cheese, sour cream or beef. Substitute with black and/or pinto beans.
- Mexican Pizza includes tomatoes, pinto beans & mexican pizza sauce. Advise NO cheese or beef. Substitute with more pinto beans or black beans. Add guacamole for that extra pop.
- Beefy Fritos Burrito includes Fritos & Seasoned Rice. Advise NO nacho cheese sauce or beef. Substitute with black or pinto beans and guacamole.
- ^Nachos Bellgrande includes tomatoes & pinto beans. Advise NO nacho cheese sauce, sour cream or beef. Substittue with black or more pinto beans & guacamole.
- ^Triple Layer Nachos includes pinto beans & red sauce. Advise NO nacho cheese sauce.
- ^Spicy Tostada includes pinto beans, tomatoes, lettuce & red sauce. Advise NO cheese or chipotle sauce.
- 7 Layer Bean Burrito includes pinto beans, tomatoes, seasoned rice, lettuce & guacamole. Advise NO cheese or sour cream.
- Black Beans is a bowl of black beans
- Black Beans & Rice is a bowl of black beans and seasoned rice
- ^Chips and… Guacamole, Salsa or Pico De Gallo
- Seasoned Rice is a bowl of seasoned rice
- Pintos N Cheese includes pinto beans & red sauce. Advise NO cheese. Add guacamole(optional)
- ^Potatoes. Advise plain–NO cheese sauce or sour cream or ask to sub with guacamole.
- Cinnamon Twists =yum!
^ any items with this notation contain an ingredient that could be fried in the same oil as meat products. Verify with the restaurant you are ordering from if they share fryers–if this is an issue for you. Generally, these items would be the hashbrowns, chips, cinnamon twists, potatoes and fiesta taco shell.
- Green Chili Sauce
- Green Tomatillo Sauce
- Mexican Pizza Sauce
- Red Sauce
- Salsa Del Sol
- Diablo Sauce Packet
- Hot Sauce Packet
- Mild Sauce Packet
Taco Bell Vegan FAQ
Are the refried beans at Taco Bell vegan?
Yes! Here is the official ingredient list from Taco Bell’s website: Pinto beans, soybean oil, seasoning (salt, sugar, spice, beet powder (VC), natural flavors, sunflower oil, maltodextrin, corn flour, trehalose, modified cornstarch). [certified vegan]
Are Taco Bell Freezes vegan?
Yes. We don’t list soft drinks on VeggL because they are inherently all vegan and the freezes at Taco Bell would fall into this category.
Ready to Order?
We have partnered with meal delivery services, Grubhub and Postmates, and have special deals for each service. Get your next meal delivered right to your home or office and save some money VeggL’s discount codes.
Ryan’s Pick: Bean Burritos “Fresco Style”. To be very specific, 3 Bean Burritos “Fresco Style” with Fire Sauce. As mentioned above, this is probably my favorite road trip quick stop meal. Pro Tip – Don’t try to open up the burrito to add the sauce, just squeeze out a bit onto the end of each bite. Perfection!
Jen’s Pick: Bean Burrito “Fresco Style,” with 2 packets of Mild Sauce/burrito will always be my go-to with Cinnamon Twists. I do love a tostada though too!
- If you’d like to check out Taco Bell’s full menu, head over their Official Menu Page
- Taco Bell not quite what you’re looking for? Check out Del Taco, Chipotle or one of our other over 80 Cheat Sheets for popular chain restaurants.
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know