The vegan options at Chipotle are some of the best of any fast casual or fast food spot.
Combine their Sofritas with the rice, beans and corn salsa which are all great in their own right and you have the makings of a great meal. Throw everything in a bowl, salad or burrito and finish it off with some veggies and guacamole… ok, I’m hungry.
Or, if you do not have time for all that, order one of the Lifestyle Bowls. We have them listed first.
Also, don’t forget the chips! They’re especially great for scooping your creation if you put it in a bowl!
VeggL Quick Order
In line at Chipotle and need to order, like NOW? Order one of their Lifestyle Bowls!
- Vegan Plant Based Sofritas Bowl … comes with Sofritas, Brown Rice, Black Beans, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa, and Shredded Romaine Lettuce.
- Vegetarian Salad Bowl. Order with NO vinaigrette … comes with Supergreens Lettuce Blend, Brown Rice, Black Beans, Fajita Veggies, Fresh Tomato Salsa, and Guacamole.
- Chips … on their own or with salsa or guacamole.
Vegan Options at Chipotle
Create Your Own
Pick Your Base
- Salad – Base is a Supergreens mix with baby kale, baby spinach and hand-cut romaine. Order with NO vinaigrette.
- Burrito – Soft Flour Tortilla
- Taco – Crispy Corn or Soft Flour
- Bowl – Base starts with rice, beans, etc…
- Kids Meal … comes with 2 tacos (choose crispy or soft), a “meat” (sofritas or beans) and two other toppings. Includes fruit or kids chips and choose an organic juice.
- White Rice or Brown Rice. If you see Cauliflower Rice, it is vegan and comes with a $2 upcharge. We’re no longer seeing it on the menus but want to give you the info just in case.
- Black Beans, Pinto Beans or both
- Sofritas – Organic Braised Tofu with Peppers and Spices
If you skip the Sofritas, you can add guacamole at no extra charge.
And Now Your Salsas & Veggies
- Mixed Fajita Veggies
- Fresh Tomato Salsa (Mild)
- Tomatillo Green-Chili Salsa (Medium-Hot)
- Tomatillo Red-Chili Salsa (Hot)
- Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa (Medium)
- Guacamole (will be charged extra if you have sofritas in your meal)
As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Chipotle Vegan FAQ
What is a Sofrita at Chipotle?
Sofritas are an organic, shredded tofu braised in chipotle chilies, roasted poblanos and a blend of spices including (but not limited to) black pepper, cumin, garlic and oregano.
Are Pinto Beans at Chipotle vegan?
Yes! The Pinto Beans at Chipotle are vegan. There is always a concern that pinto beans are cooked in bacon or lard, but that is NOT the case with Chipotle’s pinto beans. In fact, both the pinto and black beans are vegan.
Is Chipotle Still Offering the Plant-Based Chorizo?
No. As of March 9, 2022, it was taken off the menu. We are not aware of the reason though. We did hear a theory that Chipotle rotates special meat options and maybe when the chorizo was available it just so happened to be an option that was vegan-friendly.
The Plant Based Chorizo had ingredients that included 16g of pea protein, Spanish smoked paprika, adobo chili peppers and garlic. You can see our review of it here.
Is Chipotle’s Cauliflower Rice Vegan?
Yes. Chipotle’s new Cauliflower Rice is 100% vegan. In fact, all three varieties of rice (White, Brown and Cauliflower) at Chipotle are vegan.
Can I eat WFPB (Whole Food Plant Based) at Chipotle?
Yes! You can order a salad (no dressing) with fresh tomato salsa, guacamole, roasted chili-corn salsa, tomatillo green-chili salsa and/or tomatillo red-chili salsa. Be aware that the flour tortilla, both rice’s, both beans, the fajita vegetables and the sofritas all contain oil.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: Depending on how hungry I am I have two very distinct go-to orders.
My “normal” order consists of a Burrito with Sofritas, Brown Rice, BOTH beans, a small amount of the fajita peppers and onions, Red-Chili Salsa, Chili-Corn Salsa, Lettuce and if I’m in the mood to splurge I’ll drop the two extra bucks on guacamole.
My “I just finished finished a big lift and it’s probably Friday” order is all the same ingredients, but I get it put into a bowl (pro-tip: you get way more food if you go with the bowl).
THEN, I get a bag a chips and proceed to use the chips as a scooping vehicle to drive through the Chipotle food. It’s the meal I answer with to the question of “if you’re stuck on a deserted island and you can only eat one meal the rest of your life” question. And yes I’m serious.
Chipotle Cauliflower Rice Review: I tried out the new Cauliflower Rice from Chipotle today (1/8/21) and while it was ok, I wasn’t a huge fan. It’s definitely nowhere near as good as either the brown or white rice. Add to that the fact that the cauliflower rice comes with a $2 upcharge and I won’t be choosing it again.
Jen’s Pick: My go-to order is a Salad (no vinaigrette) with white rice, sofritas, pinto beans, fresh tomato salsa, roasted chili-corn salsa and chips. Mix it up then scoop!
More Links and Info:
- Want to see all the menu items at Chipotle? Check out their official menu page
- Information was pulled directly from Chipotle’s Allergens Page. The Allergens Page on Chipotle’s website marks which items are vegan.
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has Vegan Guides for over 185 popular chain restaurants including other locations like Qdoba and Moe’s
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!