The vegan options at Dunkin’ Donuts does not include a donut. Let’s just get that out of the way right off the bat. So, if you came here looking for us to tell you which donut you can have, sorry – sad face emoji. You do have a couple of food choices, now including, Avocado Toast!
Of course the coffee is vegan (although you get charged way too much for your choice of non-dairy milk in our opinion). Check out below for the full list of vegan options at Dunkin’ Donuts.
Vegan Options at Dunkin’ Donuts
VeggL Quick Order
In line and need to order – like now!?! Here is what we recommend:
- Avocado Toast
- Hash Browns
- Coffee. For your coffee order, you can either go hot or iced and with or without a non-dairy milk (oat, almond and coconut are your choices)
- Apple Cranberry Dunkin’ Coconut Refresher
Vegan Food at Dunkin’
- Avocado Toast
- Bagels: Plain, Cinnamon Raisin, Everything & Sesame*
- English Muffin
- Hash Browns
*If you are questioning the dough conditioner in their bagels, please see our FAQ section where we answer this question along with many others.
Vegan Drinks at Dunkin Donuts
- Non-Dairy Milks: Oat, Almond or Coconut
- Coffee (Original Blend, Dark Roast or Dunkin’ Decaf), hot or iced, with or without sugar or a flavor shot/mocha swirl and with your choice of non-dairy milk
- Latte, hot or iced with non-dairy milk of choice
- Americano, hot or iced
- Macchiato, hot or iced with non-dairy milk of choice
- Cold Brew
- Cappuccino, hot or iced, with sugar or without and your choice of non-dairy milk
- Apple Cider, hot or iced (check your location to see if available–it is on the allergens menu but not on the website menu)
- Mocha Swirl Latte, hot or iced with your choice of non-dairy milk
- Blueberry Oat Cold Brew
- Vanilla Almond Cold Brew. Order with NO sweet cold foam
- Chai Latte, hot, iced or frozen with non-dairy milk of choice
- Matcha Latte, hot, iced or frozen with non-dairy milk of choice
- Iced Teas (optional add-in: blueberry or raspberry flavoring): Sweet & Unsweetened Ice Tea, Sweetened & Unsweetened Iced Green Tea
- Hot Teas: Bold Breakfast Black, Decaf Breakfast Black, Chamomile Fields Herbal Infusion, Cool Mint Herbal Infusion, Hibiscus Kiss Herbal Infusion, Harmony Leaf Green Tea
- Dunkin’ Coconut Refreshers: Apple Cranberry, Peach Passion Fruit, Strawberry Dragonfruit
- Cinnamon Topping (sugar, cinnamon, cinnamon oil)
- Turbo Shot: An extra espresso shot that can be added to most drinks to give yourself an extra kick
Vegan Coffee/Latte/Cold Brew Flavor Shots (*order as a flavor shot so it is not confused with the swirl)
- Chai Tea flavor
- Vanilla flavor*
- Caramel flavor*
- Toasted Almond flavor
- Blueberry flavor
- Raspberry flavor
- Mocha Swirl
Please be aware, ALL of the swirl syrups (minus the Mocha Swirl) and the Vanilla Bean flavored syrup contain dairy.
Coconut Milk, Almond Milk and Oat Milk available for an additional cost.
Dunkin Donuts Vegan FAQ
Are Dunkin’s Pumpkin Flavors / Swirl Vegan?
Unfortunately, no. The Pumpkin Flavored Swirl Syrup and Pumpkin Flavored Cold Cream contain dairy. The Pumpkin Spice is a combo of the pumpkin flavored swirl syrup, which we just mentioned contains dairy, with a cinnamon sugar topping (sugar, cinnamon, cinnamon oil). The Pumpkin Chai is a combo of the pumpkin flavored swirl and chai tea syrup (the chai tea syrup IS vegan). The Pumpkin Donut/Munchkins and Pumpkin Muffin contain dairy and egg.
Are Dunkin Bagels Vegan?
This is probably the question we get asked most often here at VeggL. Here is all the information we have regarding the bagels at Dunkin.
The bagels at Dunkin contain Dough Conditioners, that according to their Allergen Menu, is made from Malted Barley, Flour and Enzymes. When many of us see Dough Conditioners, we think L-Cysteine and we get concerned that the product is not vegan.
However, Dunkin put out their own press release a couple years ago regarding their vegan menu items. They list their Cinnamon Raisin, Plain, Everything and Sesame bagels on this release.
They also state on this release what they consider vegan:
*Dunkin’s definition of a vegan menu item is a food or beverage whose formula contains no animal sources: no meat, fish, shellfish, milk, egg or honey products, and no enzymes and rennet from animal sources. All of Dunkin’s menu items (vegan and non-vegan) are prepared in the same area. Dunkin’ cannot guarantee that there will be no cross-contact between products or ingredients.
We list Dunkin’s bagels as vegan because they specifically tell us they are.
Does Dunkin’s Mocha Flavored Swirl Syrup contain dairy?
No! It is the ONLY swirl syrup, currently, that does NOT contain dairy.
Is Dunkin’s Hot Chocolate vegan?
No. Dunkin uses a premixed powder for their hot chocolate and it contains dairy. This also goes for the Frozen Chocolate.
Does Dunkin’ have vegan Chai?
Yes! If your order a Chai Latte, hot or iced with your choice of non-dairy milk, this is vegan. The Chai is just a syrup called, Chai Tea Syrup. However, the drink called, Vanilla Spice, is made with a vanilla chai flavored powder. This powder does contain dairy.
Does Dunkin Donuts have vegan donuts?
No. Unfortunately Dunkin Donuts does not currently offer any vegan donut options. However, hope may be on the horizon. According to a report recently from Livekindly , Dunkin CEO David Hoffmann recently made an announcement when asked about the possibility of a vegan donut.
He told a room full of shareholders that, “As it relates to a vegan donut, we continue to investigate a viable vegan donut option. We are looking at it closely.”
Are Dunkin Donuts muffins vegan?
Only if you count the English Muffin as a muffin. That’s the only muffin that’s vegan.
Did Dunkin’ discontinue Beyond Sausage?
Yes, we have confirmed that Dunkin’ has discontinued Beyond Sausage in June 2021; however, we are not sure why just yet. You can call to share feedback if you are wanting them to bring it back. 1-800-447-0013
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 125 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: My normal go-to is a bit boring. Large Hot Coffee with oat milk and a toasted Cinnamon Raisin bagel plain. The Beyond Sandwich is good, but I don’t get it nearly as often as I thought I would when it came out.
Occasionally, I’ll splurge on a hot afternoon and grab a Large Iced Coffee with Oat Milk and a Mocha Swirl. I don’t do all the crazy sweet frozen coffees, so for me, that’s basically dessert in the form of an Iced Coffee. So good.
Jen’s Pick: I am a big fan of Dunkin’s Hashbrowns but my usual go-to is an Iced Latté with Oat Milk and Sugar-Free Vanilla syrup, if it’s available.
- It appears that at some point Dunkin’ Donuts did an official press release of all their vegan offerings.
- Want to see Dunkin’ Donuts full menu? Head over to the Dunkin’ Donuts Official Menu page.
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have cheat sheets for Starbucks and Panera Bread along with over 140 other popular chain restaurants on our Vegan Guides
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know