The vegan options at Dunkin’ Donuts does not include a donut. Let’s just get that out of the way. You do have plenty of drink options a few for food, including, Avocado and Hummus Toast!
Of course the coffee is vegan–although you get charged way too much for your choice of non-dairy milk in our opinion. But we are thankful they offer a variety of non-dairy milk choices now: Oatmilk, Almondmilk and Coconutmilk.
Check out below for the full list of vegan options at Dunkin’ Donuts.
Vegan Options at Dunkin’ Donuts
Click here for our Dunkin’ 2022 Vegan Holiday Guide
Vegan Food at Dunkin’
- Avocado Toast^
- Avocado & Roasted Tomato Toast^ … comes with sourdough bread, avocado spread, roasted tomatoes, and everything bagel topping.
- Hummus Toast^ -> Verify your location is offering Hummus. We have learned some locations no longer have it on their menu.
- Hummus & Roasted Tomato Toast^ … comes with sourdough bread, hummus, and roasted tomatoes.
- Bagels^: Plain, Cinnamon Raisin, Everything & Sesame. Order with NO cream cheese. It should not automatically come with it on but we have received info that some locations automatically add it.
- English Muffin
- Hash Browns
^If you are questioning the dough conditioner in their bagels, please see our FAQ section where we answer this question along with many others. Also, be aware (for anyone with allergies) the toast and bagels say cross-contamination could have occurred during the manufacturing.
Vegan Drinks at Dunkin Donuts
With unflavored coffees, you have the option to add sugar and/or a flavor shot/mocha swirl. You also have the option to add a non-dairy milk to any drink but we notate which require you to choose one.
- Coffee Blends. Original Blend, Dark Roast or Dunkin’ Decaf.
- Latte, hot or iced with non-dairy milk of choice
- Americano, hot or iced
- Macchiato, hot or iced with non-dairy milk of choice
- Cappuccino, hot or iced with your choice of non-dairy milk
- Cold Brew. Order plain or with your choice of non-dairy milk and/or flavored syrup.
- Espresso. Choose if you want sugar added.
- Cortadito with your choice of non-dairy milk (espresso + sugar + non-dairy milk)
- Turbo Shot: An extra espresso shot that can be added to most drinks to give yourself an extra kick
- Cookie Butter Cold Brew. Order a Cold Brew with Brown Sugar Cookie Syrup and your choice of non-dairy milk. (limited time)
- Peppermint Mocha Cold Brew. Order a Cold Brew with Peppermint Mocha Swirl and your choice of non-dairy milk. (limited time)
- Vanilla Cold Brew. Order a Cold Brew with Vanilla Syrup and your choice of non-dairy milk.
- Mocha Swirl Latte, hot or iced with your choice of non-dairy milk
- Mocha Swirl Hot Cappuccino with your choice of non-dairy milk
- Mocha Blueberry Cold Brew. Order with NO cold foam and with your choice of non-dairy milk.
- Coconut Almond Cold Brew
- Frozen Coffee with your choice of non-dairy milk. Order with NO whipped cream.
- Mocha Swirl Frozen Coffee with your choice of non-dairy milk. Order with NO whipped cream.
- Matcha Latte, hot, iced or frozen with non-dairy milk of choice
- Iced Teas. Choose sweetened or unsweetened. Optional add-in: blueberry or raspberry flavoring.
- Iced Green Tea. Choose sweetened or unsweetened. Optional add-in: blueberry or raspberry flavoring.
- Hot Teas: Bold Breakfast Black, Decaf Breakfast Black, Chamomile Fields Herbal Infusion, Cool Mint Herbal Infusion, Hibiscus Kiss Herbal Infusion, Harmony Leaf Green Tea
- Chai Latte, hot, iced or frozen with non-dairy milk of choice
Dunkin’ Refreshers / fruit drinks
- Peach Passion Fruit Coconut Refresher
- Peach Passion Fruit Refresher
- Peach Passion Fruit Lemonade Refresher
- Strawberry Dragonfruit Refresher
- Strawberry Dragonfruit Coconut Refresher
- Strawberry Dragonfruit Lemonade Refresher
- Blueberry Frozen Coolatta
- Strawberry Frozen Coolatta
Vegan Flavor Shots (^order as a flavor shot or syrup so it is not confused with the swirl syrups)
- Peppermint Mocha Swirl Syrup
- Brown Sugar Cookie Syrup
- Chai Tea Flavored Syrup
- Vanilla Flavored Syrup^
- Caramel Flavored Syrup^
- Toasted Almond Flavored Syrup
- Blueberry Flavored Syrup
- Raspberry Flavored Syrup
- Mocha Swirl
- Hazelnut Flavor (not a syrup or swirl–it is a natural flavor + fruit juice)
- Liquid Cane Sugar
^ Please be aware, ALL of the swirl syrups (minus the Mocha Swirl and Peppermint Mocha Swirl) and the Vanilla Bean flavored syrup contain dairy. When ordering, make sure you say you want the Syrup and NOT the swirl when ordering the Vanilla or Caramel Flavored Syrups.
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Note: VeggL is a US-based website. All info contained on our site (and app) is regarding US-based locations.
Dunkin Donuts Vegan FAQ
Is Dunkin’s Peppermint Mocha Swirl Syrup Vegan?
Yes. We would consider it accidentally vegan:
Peppermint Mocha Flavored Swirl Syrup: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, Cocoa
processed with alkali, Water, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Citric Acid, Salt
Are Any Of Dunkin’s Pumpkin Flavored Items Vegan?
The Pumpkin Flavored Swirl and Pumpkin Flavored Cream Cold Foam contain dairy. The Pumpkin Spice is a combo of the pumpkin flavored swirl syrup, which we just mentioned contains dairy, with a cinnamon sugar topping (sugar, cinnamon, cinnamon oil). Pumpkin Cream is the same as Pumpkin Flavored Cream Cold Foam.
The Nutty Pumpkin Coffee is not vegan either. It contains the pumpkin flavored swirl (not vegan).
The Pumpkin Chai is a combo of the pumpkin flavored swirl (not vegan) + chai tea syrup (the chai tea syrup IS vegan).
Any of the Pumpkin Donuts/Munchkins contain dairy and egg. This goes for the Pumpkin Muffin as well.
Is Dunkin’s Caramel Swirl Vegan?
No. Dunkin’s Caramel Swirl contains condensed milk; aka dairy. You can order a drink with caramel-flavored syrup, which is dairy-free. Make sure you say you want the syrup and NOT the swirl.
Is Dunkin’s Butter Pecan Swirl Vegan?
No. Dunkin’s Butter Pecan Swirl contains dairy.
Is Dunkin’s Vanilla Flavored Swirl Syrup Vegan?
Nope. Like every other “Swirl” Syrup (except for the Mocha Swirl), the Vanilla Swirl contains condensed milk; aka dairy. This also means the Vanilla Bean Coolatta is NOT vegan, as it contains this Vanilla Swirl Syrup.
Is Dunkin’s Peanut Butter Cup Macchiato Vegan?
No. This drink contains a Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Syrup that has dairy. Unfortunately, the swirl is the only ingredient that makes this a peanut butter drink. I wrote more about it and Dunkin’s 2021 Halloween info, here.
Are Dunkin Bagels Vegan?
This is probably the question we get asked most often here at VeggL. Here is all the information we have regarding the bagels at Dunkin.
The bagels at Dunkin contain Dough Conditioners, which according to their Allergen Menu, are made from Malted Barley, Flour, and Enzymes. When many of us see Dough Conditioners, we think of L-Cysteine and we get concerned that the product is not vegan.
However, Dunkin put out their own press release a couple years ago regarding their vegan menu items. They list their Cinnamon Raisin, Plain, Everything and Sesame bagels on this release.
They also state on this release what they consider vegan:
*Dunkin’s definition of a vegan menu item is a food or beverage whose formula contains no animal sources: no meat, fish, shellfish, milk, egg or honey products, and no enzymes and rennet from animal sources. All of Dunkin’s menu items (vegan and non-vegan) are prepared in the same area. Dunkin’ cannot guarantee that there will be no cross-contact between products or ingredients.
We list Dunkin’s bagels as vegan because they specifically tell us they are.
Does Dunkin’s Mocha Flavored Swirl Syrup contain dairy?
No! It is the ONLY swirl syrup, currently, that does NOT contain dairy.
Is Dunkin’s Hot Chocolate vegan?
No. Dunkin uses a premixed powder for their hot chocolate and it contains dairy. This also goes for the Frozen Chocolate.
Does Dunkin’ have vegan Chai?
Yes! If your order a Chai Latte, hot or iced with your choice of non-dairy milk, this is vegan.
The Chai is just a syrup called, Chai Tea Syrup. However, the drink called “Vanilla Spice” is made with a vanilla chai flavored powder. This powder does contain dairy.
Does Dunkin Donuts have vegan donuts?
No. Unfortunately, Dunkin Donuts does not currently offer any vegan donut options.
However, hope may be on the horizon. According to a report from Livekindly , Dunkin CEO David Hoffmann recently made an announcement when asked about the possibility of a vegan donut.
He told a room full of shareholders that, “As it relates to a vegan donut, we continue to investigate a viable vegan donut option. We are looking at it closely.”
Are Dunkin Donuts muffins vegan?
Only if you count the English Muffin as a muffin. That’s the only muffin that’s vegan.
Did Dunkin’ discontinue Beyond Sausage?
Yes, we have confirmed that Dunkin’ has discontinued Beyond Sausage in June 2021; however, we are not sure why. You can call to share feedback if you are wanting them to bring it back. 1-800-447-0013
What Brand of Oat Milk Does Dunkin’ Use?
Dunkin’ serves Planet Oat Oat Milk at their US locations.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: My normal go-to is a bit boring. Large Hot Coffee with oat milk and a toasted Cinnamon Raisin bagel plain. The Beyond Sandwich is good, but I don’t get it nearly as often as I thought I would when it came out.
Occasionally, I’ll splurge on a hot afternoon and grab a Large Iced Coffee with Oat Milk and a Mocha Swirl. I don’t do all the crazy sweet frozen coffees, so for me, that’s basically dessert in the form of an Iced Coffee. So good.
Jen’s Pick: I am a big fan of Dunkin’s Hashbrowns but my usual go-to is an Iced Latté with Oat Milk and Sugar-Free Vanilla syrup, if it’s available.
More Links and Info:
- It appears that at some point Dunkin’ Donuts did an official press release of all their vegan offerings.
- Want to see Dunkin’ Donuts full menu? Head over to the Dunkin’ Donuts Official Menu page.
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have cheat sheets for Starbucks and Panera Bread along with over 175 other popular chain restaurants on our Vegan Guides
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!