Vegan Options at Starbucks
There are plenty of vegan options at Starbucks from bagels to oatmeal and of course, the main event, Coffee Drinks!
VeggL Quick Order:
Drinks. Non-Dairy Milks Available – Soy, Almond or Coconut:
- Ombre Iced Coffee with non-dairy milk of choice
- Java Chip Frappuccino with non-dairy milk of choice. Advise NO java chips
- Green Tea Latte with non-dairy milk of choice
- Matcha Lemonade
- Vegan Nutella Frappuccino. Ask for a mocha frap with soy milk, hazelnut syrup & no whip
- Smores Frappuccino. Ask for a vanilla bean frap with soy milk, marshmallow syrup, mocha sauce(NOT syrup) & no whip. *the mocha sauce is very sweet so ask for less if you would like*
- Hazelnut Mocha Coconut Macchiato
- Vegan Dragon Drink (mango dragonfruit refresher with freeze-dried dragonfruit pieces with coconut milk)
- Pink Drink (strawberry acai refresher with coconut milk & a scoop of strawberries or blackberries)
- Violet Drink (very berry hibiscus refresher with coconut milk & a scoop of blackberries)
- Matcha Pink Drink. 3 parts Pink Drink. 1 part matcha with coconut milk on the rocks
Lower Calorie Drinks (Size/Grande):
- Green Tea Crème Frappuccino. Advise NO classic sweetener. Ask for 2 scoops matcha powder(instead of the normal 3 for lower calories/sugar) with coconut milk, 2 pumps sugar free vanilla & NO whip.
- Vegan Frozen Hot Chocolate Frappuccino. Ask for a Frappuccino with soy milk, 2 pumps mocha, 1 pump hazelnut, 2 pumps sugar-free vanilla & NO whip. *Also tastes a bit like Nutella*
- Hot or Iced Cozy Crème Brulee Latte. Ask for a latte with soy milk, 1 pump toffee nut syrup & 1 pump caramel. Shake a little cinnamon powder on top.
- Guilt-Free Creamy Pink Drink(no caffeine): Ask for a Passion Iced Tea with NO classic sweetener, 2 pumps sugar-free syrup & a splash of coconut milk. Or to mix it up, ask for a splash of lemonade in place of coconut milk.
- Iced Salted Caramel Mocha. Advise soy milk, 1 pump toffee nut syrup, 2 pumps sugar-free vanilla, 1 pump skinny mocha & NO whip
See below for Starbucks Sweetener Facts
- Plain, Sprouted grain and multigrain vegan bagel. Look for packaged Organic Avocado Spread, Justin’s Hazelnut Butter or Classic Almond Butter & spread on.
- Lentils & Vegetable Protein Bowl with Brown Rice
- Hearty Blueberry or Classic Oatmeal (not labelled vegan but no animal derived ingredients) Order with steamed soy, almond or coconut milk OR hot water in place of dairy milk)
- Fruit Salad
- Fruit Bars
- Dried Fruit
- Mixed Nuts
- Vegan Superberry Acai Mercato Bowl
- Sea Salt Potato Chips
- Dang Sticky Rice Chips
- Hippeas organic chickpea puffs
- Emmy’s Organic Coconut Cookies (Coconut Vanilla & Dark Cacao)
- Bissinger’s 75% Dark Chocolate
- Cauliflower tabbouleh (Mercato range) – available in Chicago and Seattle
- Organic Avocado Spread
- Justin’s Hazelnut Butter or Classic Almond Butter
Basic Drink Info:
- Hot or Iced Coffee with soy, almond or coconut milk and any flavored sweetener syrup (inc. Vanilla, Caramel, and Hazelnut and mocha sauce)
- Best to advise the staff to leave out: Whipped Cream, Java Chips (inside the java chip frappuccino and double chocolatey chip frappuccino), Protein Powder (in the smoothies), Caramel Drizzle/Sauce (on the caramel macchiato and caramel frappuccino).
Starbucks Sweetener Info:
- Generally, drinks with sugar are made with what they call a “classic sweetener.” Their classic sweetener is equivalent to a simple syrup which means more calories if you are concerned with this. An alternative is to ask for a sugar-free flavored syrup.
- All Tea Drinks are made with liquid cane sugar instead of the “classic sweetener.”
*For a look at Starbucks complete menu head over to their official site
**We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know