The vegan options at Del Taco continue to improve with their use of Beyond Meat! Let me repeat that in case you hadn’t heard this already… Del Taco has Beyond Meat!
Del Taco seems to be on the forefront of the new (and awesome!) trend of fast food companies incorporating some type of vegan “meat” substitute into their menus.
The beauty of supply and DEMAND is starting to work in our favor! With Beyond Meat now a vegan option at Del Taco, it opens up a ton of the menu for you to be able to get creative with.
VeggL Quick Order:
In line at Del Taco and need to order something NOW?!? Here are the best vegan options at Del Taco that we recommend:
- The Epic Beyond Fresh Guacamole Burrito. No modifications needed, tastes amazing and is massive! One burrito will be more than enough for most people.
- The Beyond Guacamole Taco is another item that can be ordered ‘as is’ with no extra modifications. Delicious and a great option for anyone not wanting a burrito.
- Not interested in Beyond Meat? Try the Veggie Bowl with Fresh Guac
Vegan Options at Del Taco
- Beyond Guacamole Taco – Seasoned Beyond Meat® plant-based crumbles, guacamole, crisp lettuce and fresh diced tomatoes in a crunchy shell.
- Beyond Taco – Order with NO cheese. Seasoned Beyond Meat® plant-based crumbles, crisp lettuce and fresh diced tomatoes in a crunchy shell.
- The Del Taco (crunchy or soft). Substitute beef with beans & order with NO cheese. Top with Vegan Sauces from below and/or add guacamole.
- Value Taco. Substitute beef with beans & order with NO cheese. Crunchy corn tortilla with crisp lettuce.
- Epic Beyond Fresh Guacamole Burrito. Beyond meat, slow-cooked beans, cilantro lime rice, pico de gallo and guacamole.
- The Beyond 8 Layer Burrito. Order with NO cheese or sour cream. Seasoned Beyond Meat® crumbles, beans, guacamole, diced tomatoes, lettuce and red sauce.
- 8 Layer Veggie Burrito. Order with NO cheese or sour cream. Slow-cooked beans, cilantro lime rice, guacamole, tomatoes, lettuce and red sauce.
- Jacked Up Value Bean, Rice & Cheese Burrito. Order with NO cheese. Add guacamole (may cost extra)
- Macho Combo Burrito. Substitute black beans or Beyond Meat for seasoned beef (you will now have the slow cooked pinto beans and black beans in the burrito). Order with NO cheese or sour cream
More Del Taco Vegan Options
- Signature Taco Salad. Substitute seasoned beef with beans or Beyond Meat. Order with NO cheese or sour cream.
- Mini Taco Salad. Substitute seasoned beef with beans or Beyond Meat. Order with NO cheese.
- Veggie Bowl with Fresh Guac. Guacamole, seasoned black beans, tomatoes, onion, lettuce and cilantro lime rice.
- Crunchtada Tostada. Order with NO cheese
- Chips & Queso Dip. Ask to substitute guacamole or pico de gallo for the queso. They may or may not do this.
- Freshly Made Bean & Cheese Cup. Order with NO cheese
- Hashbrown Sticks (Breakfast)
- Crinkle Cut Fries*
- Black Beans
- Slow Cooked Pinto Beans
- Pico De Gallo
- Green Sauce
- Red Sauce
- Salsa Casera
- Taco Sauce
- California Chili Sauce
- Bean & Cheese Burrito Kid Loco Meal. Order with NO cheese. Includes a kid’s Bean Burrito, small fries and kid’s drink.
*As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Del Taco Vegan FAQ
Does Del Taco still have the Epic Beyond Cali Burrito or the Beyond Fresh Avocado Burrito?
No. Del Taco has consistently updated their menu since Beyond Meat was added. The Epic Beyond Cali and Beyond Fresh are no longer available.
Does Del Taco offer a vegan Cilantro sauce?
They did an no longer do. We have removed the Cilantro Sauce from our vegan options. The only cilantro style sauce they currently have is a dressing, which contains eggs & dairy.
Are the churros vegan at Del Taco?
No. The Cinnamon Churros contain milk and eggs. They’re vegetarian, but not vegan.
Is rice at Del Taco vegan?
There is a lot of conflicting information regarding the rice at Del Taco regarding whether or not the rice is cooked in lard. From what we have been told, the rice at Del Taco is vegan. Maybe it was cooked with lard in the past? We can’t say, but currently that is not the case.
Are the beans at Del Taco vegan?
Yes! Both the Black Beans and the slow cooked pinto beans are vegan!
Can I eat WFPB (Whole Food Plant Based) at Del Taco?
It’s a stretch but the best you could do is order the Signature Taco Salad with NO black beans, seasoned beef, cheddar cheese, sour cream or tortilla chips. What you will be left with is, romaine & iceberg lettuce, salsa casera, salsa and cilantro.
Unfortunately, the black beans, pinto beans, flour tortilla, taco shell, rice and Beyond meat all contain oil. I have yet to find information on if the guacamole contains oil.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 200 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. The days of frantically searching for what you can eat when traveling or out with friends and family are over!
Jen’s Pick: My top pick is the Beyond Avocado Taco! I’m also a big fan of tostadas. While theirs is very simple once you ask for no cheese, I still like them–with a drizzle of sauce on top. I like crunch!
Ryan’s Pick: Both of the new Beyond Burritos are excellent. If I had to pick one, it would be the Beyond Original Mex, but they’re close. Be cautious of getting both of them at once though. It’s A LOT of food!
Update: Del Taco continues to update their Beyond Burritos. The newest iteration, the Epic Beyond Guacamole, is one of the best fast food vegan items that you can order anywhere. And just like the originals, one is a TON of food!
- To see Del Taco’s full menu, head over to Del Taco’s Web Site
- Craving Mexican but not seeing what you want? We also have Vegan Option Guides for Taco Bell and Chipotle and over 175 other popular chain restaurants
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!