The vegan options at Del Taco continue to improve with their use of Beyond Meat! Let me repeat that in case you hadn’t heard this already… Del Taco has Beyond Meat! Del Taco seems to be on the forefront of the new (and awesome!) trend of fast food companies incorporating some type of vegan “meat” substitute into their menus.
The beauty of supply and DEMAND is starting to work in our favor! With Beyond Meat now a vegan option at Del Taco, it opens up a ton of the menu for you to be able to get creative with.
VeggL Quick Order:
In line at Del Taco and need to order something NOW?!? Here are the best vegan options at Del Taco that we recommend:
- Go with one of the new Beyond Burritos – either the Epic Beyond Original Mex Burrito or the Beyond Fresh Avocado Burrito. Both need no modifications, are amazing and are massive! One burrito will be more than enough for most people.
- The Beyond Avocado Taco is another item that can be ordered ‘as is’ with no extra modifications. Delicious and a great option for anyone not wanting a giant burrito.
- Not interested in Beyond Meat? Try the Avocado Veggie Bowl. Sliced avocado, seasoned black beans, diced onions, fresh diced tomatoes, and fresh romaine and iceberg lettuce blend, served over cilantro lime rice.
Vegan Options at Del Taco
- Beyond Avocado Taco – Seasoned Beyond Meat® plant-based crumbles, hand-sliced avocado, crisp lettuce and fresh diced tomatoes in a crunchy shell.
- The Del Taco(Crunchy or Soft). Substitute meat with beans & Advise NO cheese. Top with Vegan Sauces from below and/or add guacamole.
- Street Tacos. Substitute beans or Beyond for meat.
- Value Taco. Substitute beans or Beyond for seasoned beef. Advise NO cheese. Top with Vegan Sauces from below.
- *NEW* The Epic Beyond Original Mex Burrito
- *NEW* Beyond Fresh Avocado Burrito
- The Beyond 8 Layer Burrito. Advise NO cheese or sour cream.
- 8 Layer Veggie Burrito. Advise NO cheese or sour cream.
- Jacked Up Value Bean, Rice & Cheese Burrito. Advise NO cheese. Add guacamole or avocado slices(may cost extra)
- Macho Combo Burrito. Substitute black beans or Beyond Meat for seasoned beef (you will now have the slow cooked pinto beans and black beans in the burrito). Advise NO cheese or sour cream
- 1/2lb Bean & Cheese Burrito. Advise NO cheese
More Del Taco Vegan Options
- Signature Taco Salad. Substitute more beans or Beyond for the seasoned beef. Advise NO cheese or sour cream
- Avocado Veggie Bowl.
- Crunchtada Tostada. Advise NO cheese
- Chips & Queso Dip. Ask to substitute guacamole or pico de gallo for the queso. They may or may not do this.
- Freshly Made Bean & Cheese Cup. Advise NO cheese
- Hashbrown Sticks (Breakfast)
Complete List of Vegan Ingredients:
- Taco Shell
- Soft Taco Shell
- Corn Tortilla
- Flour Tortilla
- Tortilla Chips
- Beyond Meat Crumbles
- Crinkle Cut Fries^
- Hashbrown Sticks
- Black Beans
- Slow Cooked Pinto Beans
- Diced Onion
- Cilantro sauce
- Pico De Gallo Salsa
- Green Sauce
- Red Sauce
- Salsa Casera
- taco sauce
- california chili sauce
^May share fryer with meat. Ask your location if this is of concern to you.
Del Taco Vegan FAQ
Does Del Taco still have the Epic Beyond Cali Burrito?
No. From what we can tell, they switched it out for the new vegan burrito options, the Epic Beyond Original Mex Burrito and the Beyond Fresh Avocado Burrito.
Are the churros vegan at Del Taco?
No. The Cinnamon Churros contain milk and eggs. They’re vegetarian, but not vegan.
Is rice at Del Taco vegan?
There is a lot of conflicting information regarding the rice at Del Taco regarding whether or not the rice is cooked in lard. From what we have been told, the rice at Del Taco is vegan. Maybe it was cooked with lard in the past? We can’t say, but currently that is not the case.
Are the beans at Del Taco vegan?
Yes! Both the Black Beans and the slow cooked pinto beans are vegan!
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 125 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. The days of frantically searching for what you can eat when traveling or out with friends and family are over!
Jen’s Pick: My top pick is the Beyond Avocado Taco! I’m also a big fan of tostadas. While theirs is very simple once you ask for no cheese, I still like them–with a drizzle of sauce on top. I like crunch!
Ryan’s Pick: Both of the new Beyond Burritos are excellent. If I had to pick one, it would be the Beyond Original Mex, but they’re close. Be cautious of getting both of them at once though. It’s A LOT of food!
- To see Del Taco’s full menu, head over to Del Taco’s Web Site
- Craving Mexican but not seeing what you want? We also have Vegan Option Guides for Taco Bell and Chipotle and over 100 other popular chain restaurants
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know