The vegan options at Del Taco continue to improve with their use of Beyond Meat! Let me repeat that in case you hadn’t heard this already… Del Taco has Beyond Meat!
Del Taco seems to be on the forefront of the new (and awesome!) trend of fast food companies incorporating some type of vegan “meat” substitute into their menus.
The beauty of supply and DEMAND is starting to work in our favor! With Beyond Meat now a vegan option at Del Taco, it opens up a ton of the menu for you to be able to get creative with.
Vegan Options at Del Taco
- Beyond Guacamole Taco … comes with seasoned Beyond Meat® crumbles, guacamole, crisp lettuce and fresh diced tomatoes in a crunchy shell.
- Beyond Taco. Order with NO cheese … comes with seasoned Beyond Meat® crumbles, crisp lettuce and fresh diced tomatoes in a crunchy shell.
- The Del Taco (crunchy or soft). Substitute beef with slow-cooked beans. Order with NO cheese. Top with Vegan Sauces from below and/or add guacamole … comes with crisp lettuce, fresh diced tomatoes in a crunchty taco shell or warm tortilla.
- Value Taco (crunchy or soft). Substitute beef with slow-cooked beans. Order with NO cheese … comes in a crunchy corn tortilla or warm tortilla with crisp lettuce.
- Epic Beyond Fresh Guacamole Burrito … comes with Beyond meat, slow-cooked beans, fresca lime rice, pico de gallo, and fresh guacamole.
- Beyond 8 Layer Burrito. Order with NO cheese or sour cream … comes with seasoned Beyond Meat® crumbles, slow-cooked beans, guacamole, diced tomatoes, lettuce, and red sauce.
- 8 Layer Veggie Burrito. Order with NO cheese or sour cream. Slow-cooked beans, cilantro lime rice, guacamole, tomatoes, lettuce and red sauce.
- 2for $6 Burritos. Choose the 8 Layer Veggie Burrito. Order with NO cheese or sour cream.
- Macho Combo Burrito. Substitute Beyond Meat for seasoned beef. Order with NO cheese or sour cream … comes with slow-cooked beans, shredded lettuce, zesty red and tangy green sauces, fresh diced tomatoes, and diced onions.
- Beyond Meat Taco Salad with Fresh Guac. Order with NO cheese or sour cream … comes with Beyond Meat crumbles, fresh house-made guacamole, pico de gallo, chopped cilantro, fresh house-made tortilla chips over lettuce, with salsa casera.
- Crunchtada Tostada. Order with NO cheese. Optional: Add guacamole. You could also ask if they can add Beyond Meat.
- Chips & Fresh Guac
- Crinkle Cut Fries*
- Pico De Gallo
- Green Sauce
- Red Sauce
- Salsa Casera
- Taco Sauce
- California Chili Sauce
- Bean & Cheese Burrito Kid Loco Meal. Order with NO cheese. Includes a kid’s Bean Burrito, small fries and kid’s drink.
*As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Del Taco Vegan FAQ
Does Del Taco offer a vegan Cilantro sauce?
They did and no longer do. We have removed the Cilantro Sauce from our vegan options. The only cilantro style sauce they currently have is a dressing, which contains eggs & dairy.
Are the churros vegan at Del Taco?
No. The Cinnamon Churros contain milk and eggs. They’re vegetarian, but not vegan.
Is rice at Del Taco vegan?
There is a lot of conflicting information regarding the rice at Del Taco regarding whether or not the rice is cooked in lard. From what we have been told, the rice at Del Taco is vegan.
Maybe it was cooked with lard in the past? We can’t say, but currently, that is not the case.
Are the beans at Del Taco vegan?
Yes! Both the Black Beans and the slow-cooked pinto beans are vegan!
April 2022 update: The Black Beans are no longer available.
Can I eat WFPB (Whole Food Plant Based) at Del Taco?
It’s a stretch but the best you could do is order the Signature Taco Salad with NO black beans, seasoned beef, cheddar cheese, sour cream or tortilla chips. What you will be left with is romaine & iceberg lettuce, salsa casera, salsa and cilantro.
Unfortunately, the black beans, pinto beans, flour tortilla, taco shell, rice and Beyond meat all contain oil. I have yet to find information on if the guacamole contains oil.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 350 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. The days of frantically searching for what you can eat when traveling or out with friends and family are over!
Jen’s Pick: My top pick is the Beyond Avocado Taco! I’m also a big fan of tostadas. While theirs is very simple once you ask for no cheese, I still like them–with a drizzle of sauce on top. I like crunch!
Ryan’s Pick: Both of the new Beyond Burritos are excellent. If I had to pick one, it would be the Beyond Original Mex, but they’re close. Be cautious of getting both of them at once though. It’s A LOT of food!
Update: Del Taco continues to update their Beyond Burritos. The newest iteration, the Epic Beyond Guacamole, is one of the best fast food vegan items that you can order anywhere. And just like the originals, one is a TON of food!
More Links and Info:
- To see Del Taco’s full menu, head over to Del Taco’s Web Site
- Craving Mexican but not seeing what you want? We also have Vegan Option Guides for Taco Bell and Chipotle and over 175 other popular chain restaurants
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!