The vegan options at Del Taco now includes Beyond Meat! Let me repeat that in case you hadn’t heard this already… Del Taco has Beyond Meat! Del Taco seems to be on the forefront of the new (and awesome!) trend of fast food companies incorporating some type of vegan “meat” substitute into their menus. The beauty of supply and DEMAND is starting to work in our favor! With Beyond Meat now a vegan option at Del Taco, it opens up a ton of the menu for you to be able to get creative with. Here is what we currently have:
Vegan Options at Del Taco
VeggL Quick Order:
- Beyond Avocado Taco – Seasoned Beyond Meat® plant-based crumbles, hand-sliced avocado, crisp lettuce and fresh diced tomatoes in a crunchy shell.
- The Del Taco(Crunchy or Soft). Substitute meat with beans & Advise NO cheese. Top with Vegan Sauces from below and/or add guacamole.
- Street Tacos. Substitute beans or Beyond for meat.
- Value Taco. Substitute beans or Beyond for seasoned beef. Advise NO cheese. Top with Vegan Sauces from below.
- Jacked Up Value Bean, Rice & Cheese Burrito. Advise NO cheese or rice. Add guacamole or avocado slices(may cost extra)
- Epic Cali Steak & Guac Burrito. Substitute beans or Beyond Meat for carne asada(meat). Advise NO sour cream. This one has the Crinkle Fries in it!
- Macho Combo Burrito. Substitute black beans or Beyond for seasoned beef(you will now have the slow cooked pinto beans and black beans in the burrito). Advise NO cheese or sour cream
- 8 Layer Veggie Burrito. Advise NO rice, sour cream or cheese
- 1/2lb Bean & Cheese Burrito. Advise NO cheese
- Signature Taco Salad. Substitute more beans or Beyond for the seasoned beef. Advise NO cheese or sour cream
- Avocado Veggie Bowl. Ask for more veggies to substitute the rice
- Crunchtada Tostada. Advise NO cheese
- Chips & Queso Dip. Ask to substitute guacamole or pico de gallo for the queso. They may or may not do this
- Freshly Made Bean & Cheese Cup. Advise NO cheese
- Hashbrown Sticks(Breakfast)
- Taco Shell
- Soft Taco Shell
- Corn Tortilla
- Flour Tortilla
- Tortilla Chips
- Crinkle Cut Fries^
- Hashbrown Sticks
- Black Beans
- Slow Cooked Pinto Beans
- Diced Onion
- Cilantro sauce
- Pico De Gallo Salsa
- Green Sauce
- Red Sauce
- Salsa Casera
- taco sauce
- california chili sauce
Please Note: The Rice is typically NOT vegan, due to the cooking method of using lard, which is why we have stated NO rice on all meals. Ask your location how they cook theirs to be sure.
^May share fryer with meat. Ask your location if this is of concern to you.
*To see Del Taco’s full menu, head over to Del Taco’s Web Site
**We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know
***Last updated: 5/14/2019
Jen’s Pick: My top pick is the Beyond Avocado Taco! I’m also a big fan of tostadas & while theirs is very simple once you ask for no cheese, I still like them–with a drizzle of sauce on top.