A year ago the vegan options at Panda Express were, well, they’re wasn’t any. Many of their dishes that appeared vegan was using chicken broth or some other form of animal seasoning. However, in February of 2019 Panda Express made some changes:
“Our teams at Panda Express have been hard at work to make recipe adjustments and scale them nationwide to provide a variety of American Chinese dishes for our guests who live a plant-based lifestyle,” said the chain in a statement.
Now all of us can enjoy the vegan options that Panda Express offers listed below and animals get another small victory 🙂
Vegan Options at Panda Express
VeggL Quick Order
- Eggplant Tofu – Lightly browned tofu, eggplant and red bell peppers tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce.
- Vegetable Spring Rolls – Cabbage, celery, carrots, green onions and Chinese noodles in a crispy wonton wrapper.
- Chow Mein – Stir-fried wheat noodles with onions, celery and cabbage.
- Super Greens – A healthful medley of broccoli, kale, and cabbage.
- Vegetable Spring Rolls
- Super Greens Entree
- Eggplant Tofu
- Chow Mein
- Steamed Brown Rice
- Steamed White Rice
- Super Greens
- Chow Fun
- Fortune Cookie
- Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Chili Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Potsticker Sauce
- Hot Mustard
- Plum Sauce
Panda Express Vegan FAQ
So Panda Express is no longer using Chicken Broth?
That is correct. Vegan Outreach and PETA both put together petitions and pressed Panda Express to remove chicken broth from some of their menu items to allow them to be vegetarian and vegan-friendly. For more info on this, check out these two articles from Livekindly and PETA respectively.
Are the noodles at Panda Express vegan?
Yes! The Chow Mein noodles at Panda Express are, in fact, vegan.
Are the veggie rolls at Panda Express vegan?
Yes. The Vegetable Spring Rolls are vegan. I feel like this goes without saying, but just for clarity, the Chicken Egg Roll is not.
Ready to Order?
We have partnered with meal delivery services, Grubhub and Postmates, and have special deals for each service. Get your next meal delivered right to your home or office and save some money with VeggL’s discount codes.
Ryan’s Pick: All the new options at Panda Express will hit the spot if you’re craving Chinese. The Eggplant Tofu is solid and the Vegetable Spring Rolls are really good.
Jen’s Pick: I’ve not been to a Panda Express since they made the updates, but I’m happy to see they did and I will try out the Eggplant Tofu next chance I get. I’ll update here once I do.
- If you’d like to see Panda Express’ full menu, check out their Official Menu Page
- To check out the Panda Express full nutritional menu and allergen information, see Panda Express Nutrition Info
- Not quite what you’re looking for? VeggL has over 80 Cheat Sheets for popular chain restaurants including locations like P.F. Chang’s and Pei Wei Asian Diner
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know