A few years ago the vegan options at Panda Express were, well, they’re wasn’t any. Many of their dishes that appeared vegan contained chicken broth or some other form of animal seasoning. However, in February of 2019 Panda Express made some changes:
“Our teams at Panda Express have been hard at work to make recipe adjustments and scale them nationwide to provide a variety of American Chinese dishes for our guests who live a plant-based lifestyle,” said the chain in a statement.
Now all of us can enjoy the vegan options that Panda Express offers listed below and animals get another small victory. 🙂
Vegan Options at Panda Express
VeggL Quick Order
- Eggplant Tofu – Lightly browned tofu, eggplant and red bell peppers tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce.
- Vegetable Spring Rolls – Cabbage, celery, carrots, green onions and Chinese noodles in a crispy wonton wrapper.
- Chow Mein – Stir-fried wheat noodles with onions, celery and cabbage.
- Super Greens – A healthful medley of broccoli, kale, and cabbage.
- Vegetable Spring Rolls
- Super Greens Entree
- Eggplant Tofu
- Chow Mein
- Steamed Brown Rice
- Steamed White Rice
- Super Greens
- Chow Fun
- Fortune Cookie
- Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Chili Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Potsticker Sauce
- Hot Mustard
- Plum Sauce
Panda Express Vegan FAQ
So Panda Express is no longer using Chicken Broth?
That is correct. Vegan Outreach and PETA both put together petitions and pressed Panda Express to remove chicken broth from some of their menu items to allow them to be vegetarian and vegan-friendly. For more info on this, check out these two articles from Livekindly and PETA respectively.
Are the noodles at Panda Express vegan?
Yes! The Chow Mein noodles at Panda Express are, in fact, vegan.
Are the veggie rolls at Panda Express vegan?
Yes. The Vegetable Spring Rolls are vegan. I feel like this goes without saying, but just for clarity, the Chicken Egg Roll is not.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 130 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: All the new options at Panda Express will hit the spot if you’re craving Chinese.
Jen’s Pick: I have yet to see the Eggplant Tofu available at our local location (it is 2021 as I write this) but I have tried the Chow Mein, Super Greens, Steamed White Rice and Spring Rolls. In fact, Ryan and I shared these and made a bowl with each item. While there isn’t a lot of seasoning since there isn’t a “sauce,” the combo gave a nice light balance of Chinese flavors–in fact, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it.
- If you’d like to see Panda Express’ full menu, check out their Official Menu Page
- To check out the Panda Express full nutritional menu and allergen information, see Panda Express Nutrition Info
- Not quite what you’re looking for? VeggL has over 120 Cheat Sheet Guides for popular chain restaurants including locations like P.F. Chang’s and Pei Wei Asian Diner
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know