The vegan options at Progressive Field, home of the newly renamed Cleveland Guardians, are quite good. From veggie dogs to vegan grill cheese from local favorite Melt, you definitely don’t need to go hungry catching a game at Progressive Field.
We’ve done as much research as possible to find you everything vegan available at Progressive Field as well as their policies on bringing your own food into the stadium if you choose to go that route.
Finally, we looked around the stadium to find some good vegan eats in case you want to grab a bite to eat before or after the game.
Vegan Options at Progressive Field
We spoke with a member of the Guardian Fan Service team and here are the vegan options we were given!
If you’re anywhere close to Section 113 (and maybe even if you’re not), we highly suggest making the trip over to Melt and grabbing a vegan grilled cheese.
- Vegan Grilled Cheese
Sections 109, 149, 174, 182, 556
- Soft Pretzels
Section 159 (toward home plate)
- Veggie Dog
We were told both the dog and the bun are both vegan-friendly.
Ohio City Burrito
- Ohio City Burrito is a Chipotle-style ‘create your own burrito or bowl’ type of location. You’ll need to confirm with Ohio City Burrito which of their ingredients are vegan-friendly, but we think you may be able to put together a good meal.
Section 109 & 529
- Very similar to Ohio City Burrito. Create your own fast casual Mexican spot. Check with your server to confirm exact vegan-friendly ingredients.
Can I Take Food Into Progressive Field?
If you’re not excited about the vegan options offered inside the park, the Guardians have very accommodating policies when it comes to bringing your own food to the Progressive Field.
Here are the policies you need to be aware of before showing up to the park with your own food for the game. We pulled these directly from Progressive Field’s Information Guide.
Bags (as of 4/12/22)
Fans are permitted to bring manufactured diaper bags, medical bags, clutches, and small bags not exceeding 16”x16”x8”.
Bottled Water Policy (as of 4/12/22)
Fans entering Progressive Field are allowed to bring a single, factory sealed bottle of water that is 20oz or less through the gates. Empty plastic water bottles are also allowed.
Dietary Needs (as of 4/12/22)
We are committed to a positive fan experience at Progressive Field and are aware that some of our fans have food allergies and/or food sensitivities. Because of the complexities of our menus, food content and food processing at Progressive Field, we are unable to guarantee that any item can be completely free of allergens.
We will continue our policy of attempting to accommodate requests for allergy free products at our stands when such products are part of our product inventory. We ask our manufacturers to provide us with notice of any alteration in their ingredients, however, we cannot guarantee compliance.
We strongly encourage fans with any allergies or food sensitivities to bring food from home to the ball game to maximize a safe dining experience. Soft-sided coolers are permitted into the ballpark, subject to inspection.
If you have additional dietary questions or concerns while at the ballpark, please ask for a concession manager at any concession stand or at the Fan Service Center in section 153. If you need additional information before you get to the ballpark, please contact Fan Services at 216-420-HITS.
Vegan Options Near Progressive Field
We also did a bit of research looking at the vegan options located around the park in case you want to grab a bite to eat with friends before or after the game.
The Vegan Comfort Kitchen
Located about a mile and a half south of the stadium is The Vegan Comfort Kitchen. From their Shells & Cheeze, to their Cinnamon Rolls and Cookies – their food looks amazing!
Looking at the Google reviews, it appears their food tastes as good as it looks too considering they still have a 5 star rating (as of the time of writing this guide). The Vegan Comfort Kitchen will definitely be on our checklist if we go to a Guardians game.
Anna in the Raw
Anna in the Raw is a raw vegan spot with food, desserts and juices. They’re located just a half mile west of the stadium and have amazing reviews.
The one thing that really caught our attention in the reviews is that everyone seems to mention Anna herself. In our experience when the person whose name is on the building is completely involved in the day to day, that’s normally a good thing!
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info:
- If you’d like to get more info on Progressive Field, you can go to their official page here on mlb.com.
- Need quick access to vegan options at restaurants, airports and stadiums? VeggL has vegan guides for over 300 locations including other baseball stadiums like Oracle Park (San Francisco Giants) and Target Field (Minnesota Twins).
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!