To be honest, we’ve struggled so far to get an answer on the 2021 vegan options at NRG Stadium.
What we do have is items that have been offered at the stadium in the past as well as NRG’s policies on bringing food into the stadium.
We’ve also included a couple suggestions for vegan-friendly places where you can get some food close by.
If you know something we don’t, please reach out and let us know so that we can improve this guide!
Vegan Options at NRG Stadium
As we stated above, these are items that have been available at NRG Stadium for previous seasons to 2021. We have not been able to confirm any of these options for this season.
- Potato Chips
Sections 109, 129, 501, 515, 527 & 541
- Baked Potato
Can I Bring Food Into NRG Field?
Thinking about bringing your own food into the stadium? Here are some policies at NRG Stadium that you need to be aware of if you want to bring food or beverages into a Texans game. We pulled these directly from their A to Z Guide.
Clear Bag Policy
To provide the safest environment for our fans, the NFL has implemented the NFL Clear Bag Policy. The following bags
may be brought inside the stadium on gameday:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote
bags will be available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com/allclear).
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags, approximately 4.5” x 6.5” with or without a handle or strap.
- Small binocular or camera cases no larger than 4.5”x 6.5” with a handle or strap.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this
In order to create a frictionless and quick entry process, cell phone and keys can stay in your pockets with our
advanced security checkpoints. Any bag/wallet larger than 4.5”x6.5” including diaper bags and camera cases must be
a clear bag.
For your safety and the continuity of the game on the field, the following items are prohibited in NRG Stadium:
backpacks, beach balls, diaper bags, coolers, frisbees, coolers, fireworks, selfie sticks, illegal substances, laser pens, outside food and beverages, weapons/firearms, air horns, whistles, cow bells.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and other items may be prohibited from NRG Stadium if they are deemed, in the sole discretion of the Houston Texans or stadium management, to be dangerous or disruptive.
Vegan Options Near NRG Field
We also took a look around the stadium to find a couple good spots where you can find a bite to eat before or after the game. This is by no means a complete list, just a few places that grabbed our attention.
Green Seed Vegan
About 5 miles northeast of the stadium up Highway 288 is a pocket of a half dozen vegan spots. One of those among the bunch is Green Seed Vegan. Green Seed serves raw and gourmet sandwiches along with juices and smoothies.
At the time this guide was written they had a 4.5 Google rating with over a thousand reviews.
Parking is limited, but once you find a spot it’s well worth it! Make sure to check out the sweet potato fries, they are a crowd favorite.
Is Chipotle a local vegan restaurant? No, obviously not. But, it’s the closest place to the stadium where it’s easy to grab a vegan-friendly meal. How close? Depending on where you parked, you might be closer to this Chipotle than the stadium.
While we prefer to support local vegan spots as much as possible, there just wasn’t anything we found really close that stood out. That and the fact that Chipotle is my (Ryan’s) favorite chain and here we are.
Finally, we find it can be way easier if you’re with non-vegan family or friends to suggest Chipotle than the nearby raw cafe.
For how to order vegan at Chipotle, check out our Chipotle Vegan Guide
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and now theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Info and Links
- If you need more info on NRG Stadium, like tickets to Texans games, parking etc head over to their Official Stadium Page
- VeggL contains hundreds of vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and stadiums including other nearby stadiums like Minute Maid Park (Houston Astros) and AT&T Stadium (Dallas Cowboys)
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!