To be honest, we’ve struggled for the last couple of years to learn what vegan options are available at NRG Stadium, home of the Houston Texans.
We have contacted them, yet again, for the 2023 season and will update here if/when we learn more.
Below is a list of the stadium’s bag policies along with if you can bring your own food or drinks in. If you were thinking of going that route, it’s a no. And that’s a point I brought up in the email I sent to them.
Lastly, we’ve included a couple of suggestions for vegan-friendly places where you can get some food close by.
If you happen to visit a game and discover any vegan options, please reach out and let us know so that we can improve this sad sad guide!
Vegan Options at NRG Stadium
- Potato Chips. Check ingredients.
Are you at NRG Stadium and found something vegan we can add to this guide, please let us know!
Can I Bring Food Into NRG Stadium?
Thinking about bringing your own food into the stadium? Here are some policies at NRG Stadium that you need to be aware of if you want to bring food or beverages into a Texans game. We pulled these directly from their A to Z Guide.
Bag Policy (as of 8.29.23)
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″ or 30.5 x 15.25 x 30.5 cm are permitted. This includes clear backpacks, clear fanny packs and clear cinch bags that fit within the permissible dimensions.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziplock bag or similar).
- Small bags, non-clear bags that do not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″ in size, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bags.
- No buckles, grommets/hardware or décor can be concealing any part of the bag.
- Logo can only be on one side of the bag.
Food & Beverage (as of 8.29.23)
- outside food or beverage (Exceptions are made for medical reasons and children)
- coolers* (unless medically necessary)
Vegan Options Near NRG Field
We also took a look around the stadium to find a couple of good spots where you can find a bite to eat before or after the game. This is by no means a complete list, just a few places that grabbed our attention.
Green Seed Vegan
About 5 miles northeast of the stadium up Highway 288 is a pocket of a half dozen vegan spots. One of those among the bunch is Green Seed Vegan. Green Seed serves raw and gourmet sandwiches along with juices and smoothies.
At the time this guide was written they had a 4.5 Google rating with over a thousand reviews.
Parking is limited, but once you find a spot it’s well worth it! Make sure to check out the sweet potato fries, they are a crowd favorite.
Is Chipotle a local vegan restaurant? No, obviously not. But, it’s the closest place to the stadium where it’s easy to grab a vegan-friendly meal. How close? Depending on where you parked, you might be closer to this Chipotle than the stadium.
While we prefer to support local vegan spots as much as possible, there just wasn’t anything we found really close that stood out. That and the fact that Chipotle is my (Ryan’s) favorite chain and here we are.
Finally, we find it can be way easier if you’re with non-vegan family or friends to suggest Chipotle than the nearby raw cafe.
For how to order vegan at Chipotle, check out our Chipotle Vegan Guide
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Info and Links
- If you need more info on NRG Stadium, like tickets to Texans games, parking etc head over to their Official Stadium Page
- VeggL contains hundreds of vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and stadiums including other nearby stadiums like Minute Maid Park (Houston Astros) and AT&T Stadium (Dallas Cowboys)
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up-to-date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!