Right in the heart of Texas sits a fairly vegan-friendly sports stadium, Minute Maid Park, home of the Houston Astros.
In 2021 they had one of the best selections of vegan food of any stadium in the country but we haven’t had the best of luck in getting information back from them since. For this guide, I referenced the previous year and looked thru every menu in the ballpark on the MLB App.
Also, included in this guide are the policies you need to know if you want to bring your own food to the park, their bag policy and a couple of good spots close to the stadium to grab a meal.
Minute Maid Park Vegan Options
- Cracker Jacks
- Potato Chips – check ingredients
- Sunflower Seeds are even at some concession stands.
*May share a fryer with animal menu items – ask if this is a concern for you.
Order the Rainbow Ice flavor.
- Sections 105, 134 & 156
- Sections 325 & 328
- Sections 405 & 424
Fruit Cups and Waffle Potato Chips are available.
- Sections 106, 122, 134 & 151
- Section 315
- Sections 413, 427 & 431
- Sections 109 & 125 – H-Town Grill
- Section 308 – H-Town Grill
Salsa is not listed on their menu. You will need to confirm if they have it available.
- Section 153 & 319- Taquerias Arandas
Nacho Chips and Guaca-Molli
- Section 255 – El Tiempo Cantina
Salad, Hummus & Fruit
Verify vegan ingredients prior to purchasing.
- 19th Hole in Center Field
Verify the bean burrito is vegan prior to ordering. A menu is not available for the HTX Mex Stands so this is info from a previous season. This is why we suggest asking until we hear back from the ballpark’s fan guest services.
- Section 208, 215 & 230 – HTX Mex Stand
The following are options from a previous that we have NOT confirmed to be available in the 2023 season.
- The Market: Minute Maid Smoothies (Dairy-Free) & Fruit Cups
- Julia Cook (Section 406): Vegetarian Nachos (order without Feta), Sweet Potato Fries and a Pineapple Bowl
- Sweet Baby Ray (Section 408-410): Baked Potato
- Verified Vegan Meat: Veggie Dogs, Beyond Burger
If you happen to see any of them before we hear back from the ballpark’s guest services, please let us know!
Can I Bring Food Into Minute Maid Park?
Thinking about bringing your own food to the park? There are a few policies at Minute Maid Park that you need to be aware of. We pulled these directly from the Minute Maid Park A to Z Guide.
Food & Beverage Policy (as of 3.30.23)
- Guests can bring food and bottled water into Minute Maid Park for Houston Astros games. This policy is specific to Houston Astros game-related events and does not apply to special events held at the ballpark (i.e. concerts, tours, corporate events, etc.). Items that do not meet these guidelines will not be held or secured by ballpark staff.
- Guests may bring in food that is contained in a clear, plastic bag no larger than one gallon in size.
- One bag per guest.
- Guests may bring in a factory-sealed, clear plastic bottle of water, no larger than one liter.
- One bottle per guest.
Prohibited* (as of 3.30.23)
*This is NOT a complete list of Prohibited Items… it’s ones that pertain to bags, food and drinks.
- Food in a portion larger than a clear, one-gallon size bag
- Beverages & containers other than factory-sealed plastic water bottles 1 liter or less
- Backpacks (possible exceptions include diaper bags, single-compartment drawstring bags, and other bags used for medical reasons if they are within the MLB Bag Size requirements to not exceed 16” x 16” x 8”)
- Bags larger than 16” x 16” x 8”
- Coolers including hard-sided and Styrofoam coolers (Soft-sided coolers that do not exceed the MLB-Bag Size requirements of 16” x 16” x 8” will be allowed)
Vegan Options Near Minute Maid Park
In addition to researching what’s available inside the park, we also looked around the park to find a few places you may want to give a try if you’re looking for a bite to eat before or after the game.
Green Seed Vegan
Green Seed Vegan is located a few miles south of the stadium. Not exactly within walking distance, but it’s a quick drive from the park.
They offer sandwiches, smoothies and juices and while we’ve never eaten there ourselves personally, they have tremendous reviews. People seem to rave about their sweet potato fries.
The Doshi House
The Doshi House is also located a couple miles south of the park. (There are actually a handful of vegan spots around this same area)
They are a vegan and vegetarian place so be aware of that when ordering. Again, we’ve not eaten here ourselves, but their reviews are outstanding. The paninis get a lot of love in their reviews so something worth considering for sure.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info:
- For more info on Minute Maid Park for tickets, parking and more, make sure to head over to their Official Website.
- At VeggL, we have vegan guides for stadiums and arenas across the country including nearby Toyota Center (Houston Rockets) and NRG Stadium (Houston Texans).
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!