To be honest, there doesn’t seem to be a ton of vegan options at Great American Ballpark. However, we did find a few things that you can grab while you take in a Reds game.
We also looked up policies that you want to be aware of if you’re thinking about taking your own food into the stadium. Finally, we took a look around the ballpark to try to find a couple good spots to get some vegan eats before or after the game.
Vegan Options at Great American Ballpark
- Potato Chips
Grab N Go Stands (Sections 117, 133, 423)
Sections 118, 137, 516 and 525
- Veggie Dog
Can I Bring Food Into Great American Ballpark?
Here are a couple policies you should be aware of if you want to bring your own food into the park. It appears that bringing food into the stadium is okay, but if you want to call ahead just to be sure here is the number you can call:
If you have a question as to whether or not you can bring something to Great American Ball Park, please call (513) 765-7000.
Great American Ballpark Bag Policy (as of 8/18/21)
New in 2021, Guests that want to bring a bag into the ballpark should follow the below:
Bags that can be brought into the ballpark – as long as the item does not exceed 16” x 16” x 8”
• Bags used specifically for medical purposes (excluding backpack type containers)
• Bags used specifically for infant care purposes
• Reds Heads Bags that were provided beginning in 2020
• Soft Sided Coolers that contain food and non-alcoholic drinks
• Food bags
• Unopened drinks that are non-alcoholic
Bags that are prohibited
• Backpacks as defined as a container made of flexible or rigid material used for carrying items with a variety of pockets that can be carried or positioned on a person’s back.
Guests bringing in permitted bags will be required to enter through a designated “bag line”, depending on the size of the entry, and all bags will be thoroughly inspected which could include the use of x-ray technology.
Bottles and Cans Policy (as of 8/18/21)
No glass bottles, cans, or alcoholic beverages may be brought into Great American Ball Park. Guests are welcome to bring in soft drinks and water provided they are in clear plastic bottles and the safety seal has not been broken. Insulated foam or metal cups/containers from restaurants, convenience stores, gas stations, etc. are not permitted in Great American Ball Park. Yeti cups and similar products are also not permitted in Great American Ball Park.
Vegan Options Near Great American Ballpark
This is by no means an all-inclusive list. It’s just a couple of suggestions of places we found close to the park where you can meet up with friends or family to grab a bite to eat before or after the game.
Harmony Plant Fare | NYC Inspired Vegan Deli
Located just a mile and half north of the ballpark is Harmony Plant Fare. It’s a NYC Inspired Vegan Deli where you can pick vegan meats and cheeses along with some amazing looking sandwiches.
We’ve never been here ourselves, but they carry a 4.9 star rating with over a 100 reviews on Google. (You know how hard that is to do!?!)
There is also a couple other spots, Essen Kitchen and Herban Vegans, located about a block away from Harmony Plant Fare. Definitely an area worth checking out.
I know we’ll have some people scoff at the idea of including Yard House here and I get it. Yard House is not a local vegan restaurant. It’s a chain and they serve non-vegan items including meat.
However, they do have great vegan options including a few menu items using Gardein products. This Yard House location is also a block away from the stadium making it really convenient for a before or after game meet-up.
Finally, when trying to “choose” the restaurant with non-vegan friends or family, sometimes it’s just easier to suggest a spot that they’ll “feel comfortable with”. I know that’s not ideal, but it tends to work out well for us.
For a complete list of everything vegan at Yard House, check out our Yard House Vegan Guide.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 190 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
- If you’d like to get more info on Great American Ballpark, you can go to their official page here on mlb.com.
- Need quick access to vegan options at restaurants, airports and stadiums? VeggL has vegan guides for over 190 locations including other stadiums like Chase Field (Arizona Diamondbacks) and Coors Field (Colorado Rockies)
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!