Multiple attempts to contact the Ford Field, home of the Detroit Lions, to find out what vegan options are available at the stadium have not produced any results thus far.
We’ll keep reaching out, but in the meantime we do have some information that may make your gameday experience a little bit better.
We have the policies you need to know before you try to bring your own food to the stadium.
We also have two suggestions for vegan-friendly locations where you can stop and grab a bite to eat before or after the game.
Vegan Options at Ford Field
We are not aware of any vegan options at Ford Field at this time. It doesn’t mean they may not exist, we just haven’t been able to confirm with anyone at the stadium what (and where) they are.
We’ll keep trying to reach out to get this info and will update here as soon as we get it.
If you know something we don’t that can help improve this guide, please reach out to us and let us know!
Can I Bring Food Into Ford Field?
If you’re contemplating bringing your own food to the game, here are a few policies at Ford Field that you need to be aware of.
Permitted Items* (as of 9/6/21)
- NFL Policy: Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, camera and binocular cases, not exceeding 4.5″ x 6.5″, with or without a handle or strap, can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bag options
Non-Permitted Items* (as of 9/6/21)
- Food, beverages or liquids (cans, bottles, boxes, flasks, etc.)
*This is not a complete list of permitted and non-permitted items. We only selected those that we felt pertained to taking food into the stadium.
Vegan Options Near Ford Field
We also took a look around the stadium to find a few good spots to grab a bite to eat near Ford Field. This is not meant to be a complete list of all vegan restaurants in the area, just a few places that caught our attention.
Located about two miles north of the ballpark, Street Beat serves up vegan comfort food. They’re known for the their spicy (vegan) chicken sandwiches. Grab one with an order of fries before or after your next Tigers game.
Seva Detroit is a cafe with a hip, modern feel to it. They are a vegetarian restaurant so keep that in mind when ordering, but the majority of their dishes are already made vegan.
They are located in midtown, about a mile and a half north of the stadium. If you want to try something unique (with really good prices), then definitely think about giving Seva Detroit a try.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 200 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like more info on Ford Field and Lions Gameday, check out Ford Field’s Official Page
- VeggL contains vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and stadiums including nearby locations like Little Caesars Arena (Detroit Pistons) and Soldier Field (Chicago Bears)
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!