The vegan options at Buffalo Wild Wings are so much better than you would think! Their Asian Zing Cauliflower Wings are incredible. Just be sure to ask for them to be “baked” and NOT fried… and of course, no ranch. Their Black Bean Burger was updated in 2021 and no longer includes egg and dairy–as long as you order with NO cheese or ranch.
Please pay attention to the modifications that need to be made on all of these items. Unfortunately, Buffalo Wild Wings is still frying all of their fried items in beef fat. This means their fries and tortilla chips are a no go for vegans or vegetarians. Eeek.
Special thanks to our vegan on the inside, Cameron, who helped us with additional info on the vegan options at Buffalo Wild Wings!
Vegan Options at Buffalo Wild Wings
Be Aware: Fried items (including tortilla chips and fries) are fried in BEEF FAT at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Everything Pretzel Knots – Order with NO beer cheese or honey mustard. You can ask for mustard or another condiment we have listed below.
- Asian Zing Cauliflower Wings – Order with NO ranch and specify for these to be BAKED and NOT fried*. We have been informed that every location has been taught how to “bake” these “wings” but we suggest verifying this is an option your location can do before ordering.
- Southwest Black Bean Burger – Order with NO cheese or ranch. The fries* it comes with are fried in beef fat. Choose a different side. You can customize this by ordering it in a wrap or on taco shells and/or with guacamole. Be aware this burger is spicy.
- Garden Salad with White Wine Vinaigrette. Order with NO cheese or croutons.
- Classic Chicken Wrap. Order with NO chicken or cheese. Ask for the burrito to be loaded up with more of the veggies already in the wrap. Choose Vegan sauce from below. Ask for avocado (optional)
- Side Garden Salad with White Wine Vinaigrette. Order with NO cheese or croutons.
- Carrots & Celery
- Mandarin Oranges
Vegan Sauces / Dressing
- Guacamole or Avocado Smash
- Korean BBQ Sauce
- Blazin’ Sauce
- Sweet BBQ Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Wild Sauce
- Mango Habanero Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Caribbean Jerk Sauce
- White Wine Vinaigrette
*ALL fried items (including tortilla chips and fries) are fried in BEEF FAT at Buffalo Wild Wings.
With all restaurants that are NOT 100% vegan, cross-contamination can occur.
Buffalo Wild Wings Vegan FAQ
Is anything vegan at Buffalo Wild Wings?
Yes! You can order the Southwestern Black Bean Burger with NO cheese or ranch, The Cauliflower Wings (ask for them to be baked–NOT fried), Everything Pretzel Knots and a Garden Salad.
Why aren’t the Chips & Salsa vegan at Buffalo Wild Wings?
According to their allergen & preparation page, the tortilla chips are fried in Beef Shortening.
Is the Buffalo Wild Wings Black Bean Burger vegan?
Yes, with modifications. Buffalo Wild Wings updated their black bean patty in 2021 to a fully vegan Morningstar version. When ordering the burger, you do have to ask for NO cheese or ranch but otherwise, it is vegan.
It wasn’t always this way. Their veggie burger used to contain BOTH dairy and eggs. A win for sports-watching vegans everywhere.
Are Buffalo Wild Wings Fries Vegan?
No. Unfortunately, Buffalo Wild Wings uses beef fat in their fryers.
Can I eat WFPB (Whole Food Plant Based) at Buffalo Wild Wings?
A little… Carrots & Celery. Technically, it’s a wing accompaniment but at least it’s something. Order with NO ranch. Add avocado.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: The only time I make my way into a Buffalo Wild Wings are for UFC events. I usually eat before I go and then drink my calories while watching the fights.
However, I’m now fired up for the new revamped Southwest Bean Burger and am going to give that a shot next time I’m in.
Jen’s Pick: I most recently tried the Southwest Bean Burger. It was nothing special but does give you an option. Please be aware it is a bit spicy… it was a little too spicy for me, in fact.
More Links and Info
- For a look at Buffalo Wild Wings full menu, check out the Buffalo Wild Wings Menu Page
- Information pulled from Buffalo Wild Wings Nutrition and Allergen Page
- Not seeing exactly what you were wanting? Our Vegan Guides Main Page has over 175 popular restaurant chains to choose from including locations like Applebee’s and Chili’s
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!