We have reached out to Soldier Field and the Bears multiple times, in the last couple of years (including this one), trying to find what vegan options are going to be offered for the 2023 season.
Unfortunately, we have yet to receive a response.
We did share a few items that might be vegan below but have not confirmed it so you will need to ask prior to ordering.
Below that is Soldier Field’s Bag Policy along with policies that pertain to bringing either food or drinks in. We suggest reading thru those because you may want to play it safe and bring your own food in… until we hear back.
In the meantime, if you know something we don’t know, please reach out to us and let us know so we can update this guide and make it better.
Vegan Options at Soldier Field
–> Please be aware, we have NOT confirmed these options to be vegan. Soldier Field only shows their concessions menu on their app but it does not state whether they are vegan or not. We have contacted the stadium for more information.
If you happen to visit before we have heard back, you will need to ask if these items are vegan-friendly. We would greatly appreciate you contacting us with any info you learn so we can continue to update this guide for the 2023 season.
Again, these items are NOT confirmed to be vegan yet:
Pilsen Taco (Section 114)
- Chips and Salsa
- Chips and Guacamole
Gastro Pub 1410 (United Club 116)
In 2019, Soldier Field partnered with Lightlife Burgers… its possible that this is what that is but we have not confirmed that yet.
- Veggie Burger
Can I Bring Food Into Soldier Field?
Thinking about bringing your own food to the stadium? Here are some Chicago Bears / Soldier Field policies that you’ll want to be aware of. (Taken directly from the Chicago Bears Game Day A to Z guide)
Bag Policy (as of 8/21.23)
Based on recommended NFL public safety best practices, we strongly encourage fans to not bring any bags. One (per person) of the bags listed below will be permitted inside Soldier Field.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″ or 30.5 x 15.25 x 30.5 cm. This includes clear backpacks, clear fanny packs and clear cinch bags that fit within the permissible dimensions. No buckles, grommets/hardware or décor can be concealing any part of the bag. Logo can only be on one side of the bag.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziplock bag or similar).
- Small bags, non-clear bags that do not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″ in size, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bags.
- Medical bags for accompanying patron
All items are subject to search.
Food & Beverage Policy (as of 8.21.23)
- Food for personal consumption is permitted if the container is not prohibited by the NFL Bag Policy. See the Bag Policy above to comply.
- Cans, bottles, or other beverage containers (includes sealed plastic water bottles)
- Alcoholic Beverages and “Palcohol” (Powdered Alcohol)
Vegan Options Near Soldier Field
We also took a look around Soldier Field to find some good places to grab a bite to eat near the stadium. This is not a comprehensive list by any means, just a few places that caught our attention that we wanted to share.
In fact, there are about a half dozen highly rated, local vegan restaurants located just a couple miles northwest of the stadium.
Veggie House is a Chinese restaurant serving up vegetarian and vegan dishes. Looking through their menu, I wish it was a little more clear exactly which dishes were which, but there does seem to be plenty of vegan options available. Just make sure to check with your server when ordering.
Native Foods Cafe
California-style vegan fare located just a couple miles northwest of the stadium. Native Foods Cafe is a vegan chain and one of multiple spots worthy of trying out in the area. There are even a couple raw locations if you eat raw vegan.
Native Foods Cafe is basically designed to mimic a non-plant-based fast food restaurant with menu items like wings, burgers, wraps and sweet potato fries. The only difference? All vegan. Definitely worth trying out if you’ve never been.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like more info on Soldier Field for Bears home games, check out the Bears Coming to the Game guide.
- VeggL contains hundreds of vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and stadiums including other Chicago locations like Wrigley Field (Chicago Cubs) and the O’Hare Airport.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!