We’ve reached out to Soldier Field and the Bears multiple times now trying to find what vegan options at Soldier Field are being offered for the 2021 season.
We’ve not received any responses thus far.
If you’d like to help encourage Soldier Field and the Bears to reach out to us so we can provide you with what vegan options are available at the stadium and where you can find them – please reach out to them through this link.
In the meantime, if you know something we don’t know, please reach out to us and let us know so we can update this guide and make it better.
Vegan Options at Soldier Field
Nothing that we’re aware of yet. We’ll update here once we get more info.
Can I Bring Food Into Soldier Field?
Thinking about bringing your own food to the stadium? Here are some Chicago Bears / Soldier Field policies that you’ll want to be aware of. (Taken directly from the Chicago Bears Game Day A to Z guide)
Bag Policy (as of 8/31/21)
Based on recommended NFL public safety best practices, we strongly encourage fans to not bring any bags. One (per person) of the bags listed below will be permitted inside Soldier Field.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″x6″x12″
- One-gallon re-sealable clear freezer bag
- Women’s clutch purse no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″ with one of the clear plastic bags
- Medical bags for accompanying patron
All items subject to search. All other bags will be denied.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, non-clear cinch bags, luggage of any kind, seat cushions with zippered covers, pockets or flaps, computer bags, camera bags, and any bag larger than the permissible size.
Guests must return unauthorized items to their vehicles. The Bears and SMG/Soldier Field Management cannot safeguard items which are not permitted to be brought into the stadium.
THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS!
Concessions (as of 8/31/21)
We noticed this line under ‘Concessions’ on the A to Z guide:
Food for personal consumption is permitted if the container is not prohibited by the NFL Bag Policy.
Vegan Options Near Soldier Field
We also took a look around Soldier Field to find some good places to grab a bite to eat near the stadium. This is not a comprehensive list by any means, just a few places that caught our attention that we wanted to share.
In fact, there are about a half dozen highly rated, local vegan restaurants located just a couple miles northwest of the stadium.
2109 S China Pl, Chicago, IL 60616
Veggie House is a Chinese restaurant serving up vegetarian and vegan dishes. Looking through their menu, I wish it was a little more clear exactly which dishes were which, but there does seem to be plenty of vegan options available. Just make sure to check with your server when ordering.
Native Foods Cafe
218 S Clark St, Chicago, IL 60604
California-style vegan fare located just a couple miles northwest of the stadium. Native Foods Cafe is a vegan chain and one of multiple spots worthy of trying out in the area. There are even a couple raw locations if you eat raw vegan.
Native Foods Cafe is basically designed to mimic a non-plant-based fast food restaurant with menu items like wings, burgers, wraps and sweet potato fries. The only difference? All vegan. Definitely worth trying out if you’ve never been.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like more info on Soldier Field for Bears home games, check out the Bears Coming to the Game guide.
- VeggL contains hundreds of vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and stadiums including other Chicago locations like Wrigley Field (Chicago Cubs) and the O’Hare Airport.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!