We have researched well into whether Domino’s offers vegan options. Our initial interaction with Domino’s made us very aware that they do not claim to be vegan friendly.
Now, technically speaking, if you take into consideration shared surfaces or cross-contamination then this is true.
However, most of us in the vegan community understand that we are going to run into those types of issues when eating out at most (not all) restaurants.
It would have been nice to get a little more of an effort into the response than this.
Having said all that, we continued on and asked many more questions which led us to a few vegan-friendly options you can grab with just a few simple modifications at Domino’s. Be prepared to either stop in or call when making these orders.
We have detailed why below.
Vegan Options at Domino’s Pizza
To Begin: The Pizza crusts at Domino’s are NOT vegan. We have written an article on why with their ingredients list if you would like more information and summed it up in the FAQ section below.
You will need to call or stop in to order a pasta dish. The Robust Tomato Sauce is the only vegan sauce available but is technically for pizza. The pasta sauces meant for the pasta, alfredo and marinara, both contain dairy.
Please be aware, we have been notified by a VeggL user that not all locations will make this substitution.
- Pasta Primavera. Order with NO alfredo or cheese. Ask to SUB with the Robust Inspired Tomato Sauce. (will need to call or stop in to place this order) … comes with penne pasta, baby spinach, diced tomatoes, fresh mushrooms and fresh onions.
- Build Your Own Pasta. Order with the Robust Tomato Sauce and up to 3 toppings from the list below.
Build Your Own Pasta Toppings
- Banana Peppers
- Black Olives
- Diced Tomato
- Green Peppers
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Roasted Red Peppers
Can be ordered online.
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich. Order with NO cheese (american, feta & provolone). Ask for a sauce or dipping cup from the list below to spread on … your sandwich comes with roasted red peppers, banana peppers, diced tomatoes, fresh baby spinach and fresh onions on baked artisan bread.
- Robust Inspired Tomato Sauce
- Garlic Dipping Sauce
- Kicker Hot Sauce Dipping Cup
- Marinara Dipping Sauce (the marinara pizza sauce contains dairy!)
- Sweet Mango Habanero Sauce/Dipping Cup
As with the pasta dishes, you will need to call or stop in a location to order a salad. The option to order with NO cheese or croutons is not available for online ordering.
- Classic Garden Salad. Order with NO cheese or croutons. Choose a vegan dressing below.
- Ken’s Italian
- Ken’s Balsamic Vinaigrette
*As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues
Domino’s Vegan FAQ
Is the L-cysteine in Domino’s Dough Vegan?
Domino’s uses L-Cysteine as a dough conditioner in doughs like their thin crust. Domino’s has been very vague in the past regarding the actual source of their L-cysteine. We have read feedback from Domino’s where they have stated that their dough is “microbial based” and “not animal derived”.
We reached out to Domino’s regarding their L-cysteine and we got back an answer that we believe finally solves the issue of whether Domino’s L-cysteine is Vegan.
Thank you for contacting the Domino’s Customer Support team.
The L-cysteine and the enzymes in our hand tossed dough are microbial based. We use sweet dairy whey and it is a byproduct of milk from cows.
Since the L-cysteine comes from the milk of cows, it is not vegan. So, any of the doughs that contain L-cysteine from Domino’s should not be considered vegan.
Does Domino’s Have Vegan Pizza?
No. Because of L-cysteine in the dough conditioner as well as some of the doughs containing milk, there are no doughs that you can create a pizza on at Domino’s.
Are Domino’s Cinnamon Twists Vegan?
The Cinnamon Bread Twists at Domino’s contain milk and therefore are not vegan.
Is Domino’s BBQ Sauce vegan?
Domino’s recently changed their BBQ sauce to a Honey BBQ sauce so it’s no longer vegan. We’re not here to go into whether honey is or isn’t technically vegan, but we are removing it from our cheat sheet to try to avoid confusion.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s & Jen’s Pick: Once we discovered that Dominos’ pizza crusts are NOT vegan, we have not visited a Dominos but will update if we do.
More Info and Links
- To see Domino’s Pizza full menu, head over to Domino’s Web Site
- Information pulled directly from Domino’s Allergen Info and their Nutritional Ingredients Information
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has over 175 Cheat Sheets for popular chain restaurants including other pizza locations like Blaze and Mellow Mushroom
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!