The vegan options at Mellow Mushroom are really extraordinary. When a pizza place not only carries vegan cheese, but tempeh, tofu and portabella mushrooms as well – your options are really only limited by your creativity and preference. In addition to pizza, you can also go with a calzone, hoagie or a salad. While Mellow Mushroom can tend to be a bit pricey, it’s always worth it. Check out our list for all the vegan options at Mellow Mushroom.
Vegan Options at Mellow Mushroom
- Hummus Dip
- Hummus with Pita
- Hummus with Veggies
- Munchie Pups
- Roasted Red Potatoes (side)
Vegan Cheese can be subbed onto any specialty pizza
- Kosmic Karma – (Mellow red sauce base with feta cheese, mozzarella, spinach, sun-dried roasted tomatoes and roma tomatoes. Finished with a pesto swirl.) Order with NO mozzarella and NO pesto swirl. Consider adding Sweet Chili Glaze or Truffle Oil as a sub
- Veg Out – (Mellow red sauce base with mozzarella, spinach, green peppers, mushrooms, onions, black olives and tomatoes.) Order with NO mozzarella
- Pacific Rim – (Mellow red sauce base with mozzarella, ham, bacon, caramelized onions, pineapple, and jalapeños.) Order with NO mozzarella, ham and bacon. Consider adding Tofu and/or Tempeh as a sub
Build Your Own Salad / Pizza
Advise Vegan on ALL orders & NO Butter or Parmesan on the Crust of Pizza
- Salad Base Choices (Your Choice of Base plus 3 Ingredients–List Below)
- Lettuce Blend (Romaine, Iceberg, Shredded Carrots & Red Cabbage)
- Spring Mix
(Pick Your Base Sauce & Pizza Size – Small, Medium or Large. Gluten Free Crust is only available on 10″)
- Olive Oil & Garlic
- Mellow Red Sauce
Salad / Pizza Ingredient Choices (
GF = Gluten Free; S = Available for Salads Only; * = These items count as 2 Ingredients)
- Follow Your Heart Vegan Cheese
- Artichoke Hearts
- Avocado (*)
- Banana Peppers
- Black Olives (GF)
- Candied Pecans (S*)
- Caramelized Onions
- Cucumbers (S)
- Diced Apples (S*)
- Dried Cherries (S)
- Green Olives
- Green Peppers (GF)
- Kalamata Olives
- Mushrooms (GF)
- Onions (GF)
- Pepperoncini (GF)
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Roma Tomatoes (GF)
- Spinach (GF)
- Roasted Tomatoes (GF)
Vegan Cheese can be subbed onto any sandwich
- Avocado Hoagie on French or Multigrain Roll. Order with NO mayo.
- Tempeh or Tofu Hoagie on French or Multigrain Roll. Order with NO mayo.
Vegan Cheese can be subbed onto any salad
- Greek Salad with Vegan Dressing below. Order with NO feta cheese.
- House Salad with Vegan Dressing below. Order with NO parmesan.
- Enlightened Spinach Salad with Vegan Dressing below. Order with NO feta cheese.
Vegan Salad Dressing / Sauces
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Herb Vinaigrette Dressing
- Barbeque Sauce
- Jerk Sauce
- Sweet Chili Glaze
- Black Truffle Oil
Please Note: The Tofu & Tempeh can be prepared in your choice of sauce: BBQ, Herb Vinaigrette, or Jerk
Mellow Mushroom Vegan FAQ
What vegan cheese does Mellow Mushroom use?
Mellow Mushroom uses Follow Your Heart vegan cheese.
Is Mellow Mushroom crust vegan?
Yes! Both the baked crust and thin crust are vegan.
Ready to Order?
We have partnered with meal delivery services, Grubhub and Postmates, and have special deals for each service. Get your next meal delivered right to your home or office and save some money VeggL’s discount codes.
Ryan’s Pick: The Pacific Rim with vegan cheese and jerk tofu. One of my favorite pizzas that I get anywhere. Yes, a pizza with pineapples on it is one of my favorites. The contrast of heat and sweet on this pizza is outstanding.
Jen’s Pick: Coming Soon!
- One of the original vegan friendly chain restaurants, Mellow Mushroom is a pizza franchise with over 150 locations across the US.
- If you’d like to check out Mellow Mushroom’s entire menu, you can follow this link directly to their main site.
- Information pulled from Mellow Mushroom’s Allergen & Special Diets Menu
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has over 80 Cheat Sheets for popular chain restaurants including our 7 favorite pizza chains for vegans
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know