The vegan options at Donatos are great! …at specific locations.
They have a vegan crust, plant based sausage, plant based pepperoni and plenty of veggies to choose from to create your own individualized pie.
If your location does not offer the vegan crust, you can order the Fresh Vegy Sub (with NO cheese) and can even try customizing it by adding plant based sausage and/or pepperoni.
Here are your vegan options at Donatos:
Donatos Vegan Options
-> Be aware: The only vegan crust Donato’s offers is literally called the vegan crust; however, not every location offers it.
We contacted Donatos and now have every city & state listed in our, “Vegan Crust At Donatos,” article so you’re not left feeling confused like we were.
- Vegan It’s Greek To Me (available at select locations) … comes with roma tomatoes, yellow onion, green peppers, banana peppers, black olives, basil and roasted garlic; on the vegan crust with no cheese.
- Skinny Pizza (available at select locations). Order with NO cheese … comes with baby spinach, mushrooms, roma tomatoes and roasted garlic on the vegan crust
- Very Edgy (available at select locations). Order on Vegan Crust with NO cheese … comes with freshly cut roma tomatoes, green peppers, yellow onions, fresh mushrooms, baby spinach and green olives. -> Add plant based sausage and/or pepperoni (optional).
Create Your Own Pizza
- 10″ Vegan Crust (available at select locations). Price includes 1 topping… it increases after that.
The vegan crust is also gluten-free.
All of the other crusts include dairy. The cauliflower crust contains dairy and egg.
- Order with NO cheese … with a vegan crust and plant based meat options, hopefully this will change soon.
- Plant Based Pepperoni
- Plant Based Sausage
- Green Peppers
- Yellow Onion
- Baby Spinach
- Banana Peppers
- Black Olives
- Green Olives
- Roasted Garlic
- Tomato Bruschetta
- Sliced Almonds
- Fresh Vegy Sub. Order with NO cheese … comes with roma tomatoes, yellow onions, green peppers, fresh mushrooms, lettuce, banana peppers and Italian dressing. Customize by adding plant based sausage and/or pepperoni.
With Donato’s now offering plant based pepperoni, try calling (or stop in) to place your order and ask for the plant based version to be switched out for animal. Currently, you cannot make this switch online.
- Italian Side Salad. Order with NO pepperoni or cheese … comes with lettuce, banana peppers, roma tomatoes and Italian dressing. Or choose a vegan dressing below.
Vegan Dressings / Sauces
- Apple Vinaigrette
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Italian Dressing
- Light Italian Dressing
- BBQ Sauce
- Garlic Butter Cup
- Mild Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Thick Pizza Sauce
- Thin Pizza Sauce
- Sweet Thai Chili Sauce (Vegan ONLY in Boiling Springs, Summerville, Raleigh, Charlotte, Madison, Birmingham, Huntsville, Nashville, Murfreesboro, and Savannah locations. In ALL other locations, this sauce contains chicken stock.)
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Note: VeggL is a US-based website. All info contained on our site (and app) is regarding US based locations.
Donatos Vegan FAQ
What Crust is Vegan at Donatos?
Donatos has a specific 10″ vegan crust. It is literally referred to as their vegan crust. All of their other crusts contain milk. The vegan crust is not on every Donato’s menu and we’re working on finding out why.
The ingredients list is: “Water, Rice Flour, Modified Rice Starch, Potato Starch, Sugar, Tapioca Starch, Potato Flour, Canola and Olive Oil Blend, Yeast, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Cultured Brown Rice.”
Does Donatos Still Have Cauliflower Wings?
In early 2021, Donatos launched vegan-friendly cauliflower wings. While they are still on their ingredients list guide, they appear to no longer be on the menu.
Their ingredients were: “Cauliflower, Water, Corn Starch, Rice Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Salt, Black Pepper.”
Are Donatos Breadsticks Vegan?
At VeggL, we do not consider them to be vegan because we have not been able to confirm the source of L-Cysteine in their dough conditioner.
Unless L-Cysteine specifically says Vegan L-Cysteine, we have to assume it could be made with human hair or poultry feathers. If this is not a concern for you, order with NO ‘spread’ on top.
Is the Cauliflower Crust at Donatos Vegan?
No. The cauliflower crust at Donatos contains egg and dairy.
What Plant Based Meat Does Donatos Use?
They currently offer a plant based sausage and pepperoni by the company, Field Roast.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and now theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to see Donatos’ entire menu, make sure to head over to their Official Website
- Information for this guide was pulled from Donatos’ Nutrition and Allergens Page
- Don’t have a Donatos near you? VeggL has hundreds of Vegan Guides, including guides for other popular pizza chains like Papa John’s and MOD Pizza.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!