The vegan options at Papa John’s are serviceable if your friends or family are putting in a delivery order. The dough and sauce are vegan and for that matter you can go Breadsticks, pick a sauce, and you’re good to go.
If you’re going pizza look for a deal that gets you multiple toppings. Adding veggies individually can get expensive pretty quick. Here is the full list for all the vegan options at Papa John’s:
Vegan Options at Papa John’s
VeggL Quick Order
- Create Your Own! Pick Original or Pan Crust. Advise NO Cheese. Choose Garlic, BBQ or Original Sauce. Pick your Toppings from list below.
- Garden Fresh Pizza. Customize. Pick Original or Pan Crust. Advise NO cheese. Keep Veggies as is or choose different ones from the Toppings List below. You get 5 toppings included with this pizza.
- Breadsticks with Garlic, Pizza, BBQ or Buffalo Dipping Sauce.
- Look for the Pizza Specials that have 4 or more toppings. These are always the best deal!
- Original Hand Tossed Dough
Pizza Sauce / Dipping Sauce
- Pizza Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Garlic Dipping Sauce
- Pizza Dipping Sauce
- BBQ Dipping Sauce
- Buffalo Dipping Sauce
- Green Bell Peppers
- Black Olives
- Green Olives
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Banana Peppers
- Fresh Spinach
Gluten Free Crust contains Egg & Dairy
Papa John’s Vegan FAQ
Are Papa John’s Breadsticks Vegan?
Yes! Not only are Papa John’s breadsticks vegan, but they’re made with only six ingredients:
- Unbleached enriched wheat flour
- Soybean oil
The lack of additives, preservatives and unpronounceable ingredients is really refreshing. For even more info, check out our deep dive we did on Papa John’s Breadsticks.
Does Papa John’s have vegan cheese?
No. Papa John’s now has a webpage dedicated to how to order a vegan pizza, but still no vegan cheese. WTH we doing Papa John’s?
Are Papa John’s cinnamon knots vegan?
From our research we believe that Cinnamon Knots are a dessert item that is served in the UK that is vegan. However, here in the States, our Papa John’s has Cinnamon Pullaparts that contain milk and egg.
Is Papa John’s pan crust vegan?
Papa John’s doesn’t have a crust that it refers to as a pan crust. Their Original Hand Tossed Dough is vegan. They have two other crust options, a thin crust and a Gluten Free crust. The Thin Crust contains milk and the Gluten Free contains egg and milk.
Is Papa John’s garlic sauce vegan?
The Papa John’s garlic sauce is vegan! This should come as great news for any vegan, because we believe that the garlic sauce is one of the all-time best dipping sauces. Even better, it’s not the only dipping sauce at Papa John’s that is vegan.
In addition to the garlic sauce, the pizza dipping sauce, bbq dipping sauce and buffalo dipping sauce are all vegan.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick – Papa John’s was absolutely my favorite chain pizza spot pre-vegan. My favorite thing about Papa John’s was the crust and the garlic dipping sauce. So now I basically just stick with that. I go Breadsticks and Garlic Dipping Sauce (Extra Sauce of course)
Jen’s Pick – Original Hand Tossed Dough with pizza sauce. Add mushrooms, pineapple, onions & banana peppers. Garlic Dipping Sauce is always a must.
- If you’d like to see Papa John’s complete menu, head over to the Papa John’s Official Menu page.
- All information is taken from the Papa John’s Allergen Page
- Looking for a pizza spot that is a little more vegan friendly? Check out the options at Blaze Pizza & MOD Pizza. We also have full Vegan Guides for over 175 other popular chain restaurants.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!