The vegan options at Papa John’s are serviceable if your friends or family are putting in a delivery order. The dough and sauce are vegan and for that matter you can go Breadsticks, pick a sauce, and you’re good to go. If you’re going pizza look for a deal that gets you multiple toppings. Adding veggies individually can get expensive pretty quick. Here is the full list for all the vegan options at Papa John’s:
Vegan Options at Papa John’s
VeggL Quick Order
- Create Your Own! Pick Original or Pan Crust. Advise NO Cheese. Choose Garlic, BBQ or Original Sauce. Pick your Toppings from list below.
- Garden Fresh Pizza. Customize. Pick Original or Pan Crust. Advise NO cheese. Keep Veggies as is or choose different ones from the Toppings List below. You get 5 toppings included with this pizza.
- Breadsticks with Garlic, Pizza, BBQ or Buffalo Dipping Sauce.
- Look for the Pizza Specials that have 4 or more toppings. These are always the best deal!
- Original Hand Tossed Dough
Pizza Sauce / Dipping Sauce
- Pizza Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Garlic Dipping Sauce
- Pizza Dipping Sauce
- BBQ Dipping Sauce
- Buffalo Dipping Sauce
- Green Bell Peppers
- Black Olives
- Green Olives
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Banana Peppers
- Fresh Spinach
Gluten Free Crust contains Egg & Dairy
Papa John’s Vegan FAQ
Does Papa John’s have vegan cheese?
No. Papa John’s now has a webpage dedicated to how to order a vegan pizza, but still no vegan cheese. WTH we doing Papa John’s?
Are Papa John’s cinnamon knots vegan?
From our research we believe that Cinnamon Knots are a dessert item that is served in the UK that is vegan. However, here in the States, our Papa John’s has Cinnamon Pullaparts that contain milk and egg.
Is Papa John’s pan crust vegan?
Papa John’s doesn’t have a crust that it refers to as a pan crust. Their Original Hand Tossed Dough is vegan. They have two other crust options, a thin crust and a Gluten Free crust. The Thin Crust contains milk and the Gluten Free contains egg and milk.
What dips are vegan at Papa John’s
Four of the dips at Papa John’s are vegan. The pizza dipping sauce, bbq dipping sauce, buffalo dipping sauce and our personal favorite, the garlic dipping sauce are all vegan.
Ready to Order? Try one of VeggL’s exclusive offer codes!
Full Transparency: These are affiliate links. If you sign up and order through one of our links we, at no extra cost to you, will earn a small commission. These commissions help support VeggL and allows us to keep bringing you great content! Thanks for your support!
|Code: AFF25||Code: GETFOOD|
|25% OFF first order of $15+||$100 Delivery Credit|
Ryan’s Pick – Papa John’s was absolutely my favorite chain pizza spot pre-vegan. My favorite thing about Papa John’s was the crust and the garlic dipping sauce. So now I basically just stick with that. I go Breadsticks and Garlic Dipping Sauce (Extra Sauce of course)
Jen’s Pick – Original Hand Tossed Dough with pizza sauce. Add mushrooms, pineapple, onions & banana peppers. Garlic Dipping Sauce is always a must.
- If you’d like to see Papa John’s complete menu, head over to the Papa John’s Official Menu page.
- All information is taken from the Papa John’s Allergen Page
- Looking for a pizza spot that is a little more vegan friendly? Check out the options at Blaze Pizza, Mellow Mushroom & MOD Pizza. We also have full Cheat Sheets for over 60 other popular chain restaurants.
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know