The vegan options at MOD Pizza are plentiful! As of August 31, 2021, MOD began offering a Plant-Based Italian Sausage to go with their Vegan Cheese, Vegan Dough, multiple Vegan Sauces and TONS of Veggies.
While MOD does have “suggested” pizza combos to choose from, they do not offer one that is vegan as-is so we suggest going with the create-your-own ordering style.
All the toppings you can pile on your pizza for 1 price!
The create your own ordering style also makes MOD great for ordering a salad and they have plenty of vegan dressings.
Think of it as a Chipotle-style counter-serve pizza joint, but for pizza. Definitely worth a try! Here’s everything vegan at MOD pizza:
Vegan Options at MOD
Create Your Own Vegan Pizza
(Order a Mini 6″, MOD 11″ or the Mega Dough 11″ Thick Crust)
- Original Crust
- Gluten-Free Crust (Costs Extra)
The cauliflower crust contains both mozzarella cheese and egg whites.
- BBQ Sauce
- Garlic Rub
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Red Sauce
- Spicy Red Sauce
- Dairy Free Cheese (Daiya)
- Plant-Based Italian Sausage (Plantly)
- Black Olives
- Corn, roasted
- Garlic, chopped
- Garlic, roasted
- Green Bell Pepper
- Mama Lil’s Sweet Hot Peppers
- Red Onion
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Rosemary, freshly chopped
- Mixed Greens
- Tomatoes, sliced or diced
- Sea Salt
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- Balsamic Fig Glaze
- BBQ Swirl
- Hot Buffalo Sauce
- Red Sauce Dollops
Create Your Own Vegan Salad
(Order a Mini side salad, MOD entrée salad or Mega family-sized salad)
Start with Arugula, Spinach, Romaine or Mixed Greens. Then choose from any of the pizza toppings listed above. Finish off with any of the vegan salad dressings listed just below.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Greek & Herb Tahini
- Sherry Dijon
- Zesty Roma
- Cheesy Garlic Bread with Red Dipping Sauce. Order with NO mozzarella or parmesan. SUB with Vegan Cheese.
- Caramelized Pear Iced Tea
- Vintage Lemonade
- Marionberry Lemonade
- Black Tea
Ordering online is available!
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
MOD Pizza Vegan FAQ
Is the Cauliflower Crust at MOD Pizza Vegan?
No. The Cauliflower Crust at MOD Pizza is not vegan. It contains dairy and egg:
cauliflower, low moisture mozzarella cheese (pasteurized milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), rice flour, tapioca starch, water, egg whites, rice starch, modified food starch, sugar, yeast, salt, cultured brown rice, garlic powder, italian seasoning, xanthan gum
Does MOD Pizza have vegan meat?
Yes! August 31, 2021, MOD began offering a Plant-Based Italian Sausage made primarily with non-gmo pea protein, oil and spices/seasonings. The day the plant-based sausage came out, I wrote about it, here.
Are MOD Pizza garlic strips vegan?
The garlic strips at MOD Pizza are vegan WITH a modification. Be sure to order them with NO cheese or replace with their dairy-free Daiya vegan cheese.
Does MOD Pizza have vegan cheese?
Yes! MOD Pizza carries vegan cheese (although they don’t seem to like to give out this information, it’s Daiya)
Are MOD Pizza cinnamon strips vegan?
We have confirmed the Cinnamon Strips are no longer available.
Can I eat WFPB (whole food plant based) at MOD Pizza?
The original and gluten-free crusts both contain oil so a pizza is not an option; however, you can get a Salad. Top your Greens with any of the veggies except for the roasted broccoli, roasted garlic or corn–they all contain oil.
None of the salad dressings are oil-free but you could use Red Wine Vinegar, the Balsamic Fig Glaze, BBQ Swirl, Hot Buffalo Sauce or even their Red Sauce, aka pizza sauce. Please note: the spicy red sauce, dairy-free cheese and the new plant-based Italian sausage contain oil.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: We just had our first MOD Pizza experience recently. I started with the red sauce, garlic & basil. Vegan Cheese, more vegan cheese, then jalapenos, pineapple (don’t judge me), roasted corn & red peppers, oregano and finished it off with the BBQ Drizzle. It was seriously amazing. One of the better vegan pizzas I’ve had thus far.
Jen’s Pick: While Ryan went a bit lighter on the toppings, I have quite the list! When I do not have to pay extra for toppings, I play the game of, “how many can I fit on the pizza?” Here we go: red sauce, garlic, basil, vegan cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, green bell peppers, pineapple, red onion, the greek olive mix, corn, broccoli and artichokes.
Then after cooking, a drizzle of the fig balsamic glaze. I’ll be honest the crust is a little thin for all of the toppings, but that’s what a fork and getting a little messy is for. Yum!
More Links and Info:
- If you’d like to check out MOD Pizza’s full menu, head over to their Official Menu Page
- Information for our Cheat Sheet comes directly from Mod Pizza’s Allergen Information
- Not exactly what you’re looking for? We have Cheat Sheets for over 175 popular chain restaurants including other pizza locations like Mellow Mushroom and Pieology
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!