To be honest, Jen and I are not generally Walmart grocery shoppers, but while visiting family during the holidays we did a grocery trip to check out the vegan options at Walmart.
Now we’re seriously reconsidering where we do our shopping when we get back home.
Simply put, Walmart has an unbelievable selection of vegan products and the prices are amazing.
We decided to put together a list of some of the best vegan items we came across to give you an idea of what’s available at Walmart these days. So, if you’ve not been grocery shopping at a Walmart in a while, let me fill you in on what you’ve been missing!
Vegan ‘Meats’ at Walmart
I’m going to start with the plant based meat selection at Walmart, because I was blown away at the number of options available. There were more choices than I’ve seen at any Kroger, Publix – pretty much any grocery store besides probably a Whole Foods.
They even had a few items I hadn’t seen yet at other stores, rather had only heard about like the new(er) Daring brand products and the new Beyond Chicken Nuggets.
Here’s just some of the options we found:
- Beyond Meat (Breakfast Sausages, Beef Crumbles, Chicken & Burgers)
- Boca Burgers
- Daring Plant Based Chicken (Original, Cajun and Lemon & Herb)
- Impossible (Sausages, Meatballs & Burgers)
- Simulate Chicken Nuggs (Regular, Spicy and Dino)
- Gardein (Breakfast Sausage Patties, Burgers, Ground Be’f, Meatless Meatballs, F’sh Filets & More)
- Gardein Ultimate (Plant Based Chick’n Tenders, Nuggets, Filets and Burgers)
Walmart has multiple different vegan options when it comes to yogurt, including a couple single serve yogurt ‘pairings’ that I’d never seen before (pictured above). We picked up two varieties, Key Lime Pie and Salted Caramel Cluster.
The Salted Caramel Cluster was my favorite of the two. They’re both pretty good though and were only about a dollar fifty. Would work great as a light snack or as a side item with lunch.
Walmart also had:
- Silk Almond Milk Yogurt
- So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Yogurt
- Oui Dairy Free Coconut Yogurt (by Yoplait)
Silk and So Delicious had bigger 24oz tubs as well as about 4 or 5 single serving flavors.
Non-Dairy Creamers and Milks
I was a little (pleasantly!) surprised to see Nut Pods at Walmart, because I don’t see those at very many grocery stores. But, Walmart has a really good selection of non-dairy creamers and milks.
I’m not going to list every milk, but all of your familiar brands are available from Silk to Oatly and plenty more.
Non-Dairy Creamers pictured above:
- Great Value Almond Creamer (Caramel & Vanilla)
- Nut Pods Almond & Coconut Dairy Free French Vanilla
Most stores we go into carry Earth Balance now, but Walmart also had Country Crock Olive Oil Butter which has become our favorite of the two.
- Country Crock Olive Oil Butter
- Earth Balance (Soy Free, Organic & Original)
Walmart had one of the biggest selections of vegan pizzas that I have ever seen. There were 7 different Daiya Pizzas, an Amy’s No Cheese Pizza and a Sonoma Flatbreads vegan-friendly pie.
- Amy’s Pizza No Cheese Roasted Vegetable
- Daiya Cheeze Lover’s
- Daiya Fire-Roasted Vegetable
- Daiya Italian Herbs & Cheese Style
- Daiya Margherita
- Daiya Meatless Meat Lover’s
- Daiya Meatless Pepperoni Style with Jalapeno
- Daiya Supreme
- Sonoma Flatbreads Fire-Roasted Vegetables & Kale
Plant Based Ice Cream
Have a hankering for ice cream? You’ll have no trouble finding a dairy-free ice cream flavor to satisfy your sweet tooth. Walmart doesn’t have their own dairy-free ice cream like Aldi does, but we’re guessing you won’t even notice.
Not going to list every flavor, but here are the brands that we found.
- Ben & Jerry’s
- Kind Frozen
- So Delicious
- Talenti Dairy Free
Deli ‘Meats’ & Vegan Cheeses
Deli ‘Meats’ and More
Towards the front of the store was this section (pictured above) of vegan-friendly products. There were options from Tofurky, Field Roast, Follow Your Heart and even some vegan dumplings!
Here are a few of brands and products we found:
- Field Roast Plant Based Sausages
- Field Roast Soyrizo
- Follow Your Heart Vegenaise
- Lightlife Smart Dogs
- Lightlife Tempeh
- Nasoya Korean BBQ Vegetables
- Nasoya Thai Basil Vegetable Dumplings
- Tofurky Plant Based Deli Slices (Hickory Smoke, Smoked Ham)
- Tofurky Plant Based Original Sausage
Follow Your Heart Dairy Free Mozzarella and American Slices (both pictured above) are just a couple of the vegan cheeses that were available at Wal-Mart.
Other Dairy Free Cheeses at Wal-Mart included:
- Field Roast Vegan Chao Cheese Shreds & Slices
- Follow Your Heart Slices (American & Smoked Gouda)
- Follow Your Heart Mozzarella Shreds
…And So Much More
These are just some of the vegan options we found at Wal-Mart.
This doesn’t include beans, chips, bread and bagels, hummus, guacamole, flavored waters and so, so much more.
We left out of Wal-Mart with every single item we had on our list (and even quite a few that extra that wasn’t on the list).
I’m going to flat out admit (and Jen agrees with me) that we’ve been completely underestimating Walmart and how good their selection of vegan options are.
Not only is their selection great, I bet Jen mentioned at least 3 or 4 times how she couldn’t believe how low some of the prices were.
If you’ve not given Walmart a try recently for some plant based shopping, then I seriously suggest giving them a shot.