Yankee Stadium’s 2023 vegan options are not your typical baseball food but we’re glad there are some. I’m all for getting falafel and ice cream at a game!
If those options are not what you want or maybe you’re thinking of bringing in your own food, we share with you their food, beverage and bag policies below.
If you know of anything we’ve missed or if you learn more about the menu items we’re questioning, please let us know!
Vegan Options at Yankee Stadium
- Cracker Jacks
Falafel at Halal Guys
Served with falafel, rice, lettuce, tomatoes and pita bread. We have a vegan guide for them if you want to cross-reference any of their menu items.
- Section 201
- Section 321
Oatly Soft Serve
Vanilla or Chocolate 🙂
- Section 110
- Sections 205 & 224
- Sections 305 & 318
Edamame at Benihana
You can also ask if their Avocado Roll is vegan while you’re there.
- Section 127
The following have NOT been confirmed as vegan but until we hear back from Yankee Stadium’s fan guest services, they might be worth a shot to ask about.
- Bobby’s Veggie Burger (Section 132). Ask if this is a vegan option without the cheese … with fries or sweet potato fries.
- Veggie Burrito (Section 331). Ask if this is a vegan option if you remove the cheese and mayo.
- Avocado Roll (Section 127). Ask if this is a vegan option.
Please let us know if you learn more so we can update the guide for all of the vegan baseball fans in our VeggL community! 🙂
Can I Bring My Own Food Into Yankee Stadium?
These policies were all pulled directly from the Yankees Information Guide:
Food and Beverage Policy (as of 3.31.23)
- Guests are permitted to bring food into Yankee Stadium for individual consumption.
- Items such as apples and oranges must be sliced or sectioned.
- Clear factory-sealed plastic bottles of water, 1 liter in size or smaller, are also permitted.
Bottles and Cans (as of 3.31.23)
- No cans, thermoses or glass or aluminum bottles are permitted in Yankee Stadium.
- Exceptions are made for Guests with medical needs and for glass baby bottles at the sole and absolute discretion of Yankee Stadium management.
- Unopened soft-sided single-serve containers of nonalcoholic beverages (e.g., small milk cartons or juice boxes), clear factory-sealed plastic bottles of water 1 liter in size or smaller, and empty plastic sports bottles are permitted.
Bag Policy (as of 3.31.23):
- For security reasons, each Guest is permitted to bring into Yankee Stadium only one MLB-compliant bag – presently defined by Major League Baseball as soft-sided and no larger than 16 inches by 16 inches by 8 inches – and only one smaller-sized soft-sided personal item (e.g., a handbag, clutch, tote or plastic grocery bag).
- All hard-sided bags and containers are strictly prohibited.
- All bags, personal items and their contents will be visually inspected before they are permitted into the Stadium. Bag-size bins will be used at entry inspection points to confirm the size of all bags and personal items, which must fit without assistance, modification or adjustment.
- There is no storage area for any items at Yankee Stadium. To enable Guests to enter the Stadium in a more timely manner, Yankee Stadium management encourages Guests to remain aware of and comply with the bag policy, as well as consider carrying as little as possible.
Please note security regulations may be amended at any time. For more information, please click here.
Vegan Options Near Yankee Stadium
We also do research to try to find some great vegan spots around stadiums in case you want to grab a bite before or after the game. Unfortunately, there aren’t a lot of restaurants close to Yankee Stadium.
However, we did find one that might be worth a little drive.
Next Stop Vegan (The Vegan Corner Hub)
Next Stop Vegan is located a little less than 4 miles east of the stadium. Not exactly within walking distance but well worth the trip.
We’ve not been here ourselves personally, but the reviews for Next Stop Vegan are amazing. People absolutely rave about the Patacon Chimi.
Obviously not 100% vegan but Taco Bell is very vegan-friendly and is right across the street from the stadium–quick and convenient! See our vegan guide for Taco Bell to know what your options are.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
- At VeggL, we have vegan guides for stadiums and arenas across the country including nearby Citi Field.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!