We’ve been working hard to find vegan options at PNC Park, but we’re at a bit of a standstill at the moment. After searching thru the information the website and app have provided, we have put together what we could and then contacted their guest services.
To be on the safe side, we also pulled together all the policies regarding bringing your own food to the game. Make sure to give those a look if you’re thinking of going that route. Finally, we took a look around the park to find some good vegan-friendly locations nearby.
If you know something we don’t, please reach out and let us know so that we can improve this guide!
Vegan Options at PNC Park
- Deli Pickle
*Fries may share a fryer with animal menu items. Ask if this is a concern for you.
–> We did find a Plant-Based Burger at Cannonball Burgers (Entrance Level Section 146) but have NOT confirmed if it is vegan.
Crabfries at Chickie’s & Pete’s
We received confirmation that the Chickie & Pete’s crab fry ingredients are vegan and that they recommend stadium/venue settings to fry them separately; however, they cannot control it. If this is a concern for you, ask.
Order your Crabfries with NO cheese sauce.
- Sections 115 & 130
- Section 310
If you happen to find out more info or more vegan options, before we hear back from PNC Park guest services, please let us know!
Can I Bring Food Into PNC Park?
Thinking about bringing your own food to the game? Here are a few policies at PNC Park that you need to be aware of. (Taken directly from the Pirates Information Guide)
Outside Food & Drink (as of 3.31.23)
- Guests are permitted to bring bottled water and food.
- Outside food and beverage are not permitted entry into the Home Plate Club, Suite Level, or the Jim Beam Left Field Lounge areas.
PNC Park Bag Policy (as of 3.31.31)
- Each Guest is permitted to bring one bag into the ballpark (purses, fanny packs, backpacks, etc.) provided that the bag is soft-sided and 16″x16″x8″ or smaller. Bags exceeding these dimensions will not be permitted inside the ballpark. All bags are subject to search.
Vegan Options Near PNC Park
We also did a bit of research looking near the park to find a couple of places that looked like good spots to grab a bite to eat before or after the game. This is by no means a comprehensive list, just a few spots that piqued our own interest.
ShadoBeni – Trinidadian Vegan Cuisine
Highly rated/reviewed and is only a little over a mile from the ballpark. Their most popular menu items are their Crispy Oyster Mushroom Sandwich, a Bowl where you can choose your fillings and their Dhal Puri (roti). ShadoBeni has a small casual dining room or you can order pick up.
A VeggL user recommended Burgatory since it is very close to the PNC. It is NOT a vegan restaurant but will be good if you have a mixed crowd. They offer a vegan veggie patty, an Impossible patty, vegan cheese and even vegan mayo! All of their vegan bun options are labeled as vegan along with their seasonings, sauces and toppings.
You will have to create your own burger since none of their signature burgers are vegan as-is. Russet Chips are included but they also offer fries or a field salad–no dressing is listed as vegan so I would look at the sauces and make something up with one of those.
They also offer guacamole with seasoned chips and vegan milkshakes.
Thank you for this recommendation, Kim!
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Info and Links
- For more information on PNC Park, head over to their official MLB page here
- VeggL has over 400 vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and stadiums including other ballparks like Citizens Bank Park (Phillies) and Progressive Field (Guardians)
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!