Our vegan guide for Citizens Bank Park is not as complete as we had liked to start the season but we have good news… This 2023 baseball season you will get to visit the FIRST and ONLY plant-based brand to take residence at a Philadelphia sports venue!
A New Jersey plant-based favorite, Greens and Grains, are at the ballpark.
We are waiting to hear back from fan guest services to see if they are still offering other baseball staples from last year like veggie hot dogs or if they are offering other vegan options.
We’ve also collected Citizen Bank Park’s policies regarding bringing in your own food and drinks as well as a couple of suggestions on nearby vegan spots to eat at before or after the game.
If you see an addition that can be made or a change to this guide, please let us know! 🙂
Vegan Options at Citizens Bank Park
- Chips – check ingredients
- Soft Pretzel
Snacks (Sections 108, 128 & 138)
- Cotton Candy
- Dippin’ Dots – choose the Rainbow Ice flavor
Greens and Grains (Section 200)
We are so excited for Greens and Grains! This will be your go-to for vegan options inside of Citizens Bank Park.
Crabfries at Chickie’s & Pete’s
We received confirmation that the Chickie & Pete’s crab fry ingredients are vegan and that they recommend stadium/venue settings to fry them separately; however, they cannot control it. If this is a concern for you, ask.
Order your Crabfries with NO cheese sauce.
- Behind the bullpens in Ashburn Alley right under the Liberty Bell
- Sections 208, 219 & 225
- Section 319
The following were options from the 2022 season.
We have NOT confirmed if they are still available or if they are still vegan because they have not updated their info. We suggest asking. If you happen to learn more before we hear back from the Phillies fan guest services, please let us know!
Campos (Main Course)
The ONLY reason I am listing Campos is that they are listed as being a vegan option in the concessions information; however, we have been notified by multiple people that their bread is always a toss-up on if it is vegan. We know from the 2022 season that it was NOT vegan.
Harry the K’s Bar & Grill (left field scoreboard)*
- Curry Cauliflower Vegan Lettuce Wrap
Sections 126, 206 & 318*
- Veggie Dogs
Philadelphia Water Ice (Ashburn Alley, Sections 106, 119 & 134)
- Topped Nachos. Ask for nachos with salsa only
Can I Bring Food Into Citizen’s Bank Park?
Interested in bringing your own food into the park? Here are a few policies at Citizen’s Bank Park that you need to be aware of. We pulled these directly from the Citizen Bank Park A to Z Guide.
Food and Beverage (as of 3.31.23)
- Outside food may be brought into Citizens Bank Park but the food must be unopened and contained in a single use bag.
- All outside food will be subject to search at the gates and must follow the Guest Code of Conduct at Citizens Bank Park.
- To ensure the safety of our guests, glass bottles, cans, hard-sided, soft-sided and Styrofoam coolers, thermoses and open containers may not be brought into the ballpark.
- Exceptions: unopened factory sealed plastic bottles (non-alcoholic), baby bottles and single-serve, soft-sided juice containers may be brought into the ballpark after inspection.
Bags (as of 3.31.23)
- In an effort to expedite entry, guests are prohibited from bringing bags, including backpacks, tote bags and drawstring bags, to the ballpark.
- Only clutch purses (12″ x 12″ x 1″), fanny packs, medical bags, clear or solid tote bags and diaper bags will be permitted into Citizens Bank Park.
- Medical bags, tote bags and diaper bags can be no larger than 16″ x 16″ x 8″ and will be subject to inspection upon entry in accordance with Major League Baseball security regulations.
- Guests may discard or return the prohibited items to their vehicle, as well as store them in a locker on Citizens Bank Way ($10 fee). Items must be picked up within an hour after the game.
Vegan Options Nearby Citizens Bank Park
Looking for a good place to get a bite to eat before or after the game?
All of Philly’s sports stadiums are in the same area of the city and are a bit off to themselves. However, a quick drive can get you to a couple great vegan options.
The Chilly Banana
We love the Chilly Banana! When we lived in Philly, the Chilly Banana was just a food truck and we would find them at events all over the city and we always had to grab a frozen dessert.
Essentially, The Chilly Banana makes “ice cream” out of frozen bananas. Then they top each creation with all kinds of different toppings. It’s delicious and The Chilly Banana will blow your mind over how good frozen bananas can taste!
Now they have a permanent location that is just 2 miles north of the stadium. We highly recommend giving them a try.
Another vegan restaurant 2 miles away is a very cute diner called, The Tasty. Big fans of their breakfast. They offer all the classics: waffles, omelets, burritos, pancakes, french toast, and biscuits & gravy; all vegan of course. Sandwiches and salads are also on the menu.
Check to verify they are open before going & if they are offering dine-in.
More Links and Info:
- In 2019, there was a lot of attention around the new Questlove Cheesesteak. Unfortunately, it is vegetarian! The cheese is dairy and the dough conditioner in the bread is L-Cysteine, which is made from hair.
- If you’d like to get more info on Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia you can go to their official page here on mlb.com.
- VeggL is THE place for finding vegan options ANYWHERE! We have Cheat Sheets for Popular Chain Restaurants, Airports and Stadiums/Arenas including nearby venues Lincoln Financial Field and Wells Fargo Arena
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!