We are incredibly thankful when a Baseball Park offers a Vegan Hot Dog. Ryan and I lived in Philadelphia for two years and thoroughly enjoyed our visits to Citizens Bank Park. I only wish I had this list of options available back then!
At that time, the lettuce wraps were at Harry the K’s but we had NO idea.
I’m not sure if you could have pulled me away from a Vegan Hot Dog with Philly’s own, Chickie & Pete’s Crabfries and a Water Ice (pronounced wooder ice if you ask the locals).
Here is your complete list of everything vegan at Citizens Bank Park. Enjoy!
Vegan Options at Citizens Bank Park
Harry the K’s Bar & Grill (left field scoreboard)*
- Curry Cauliflower Vegan Lettuce Wrap
Campo’s Deli–Ashburn Alley*
- Vegan Works Cheesesteak – Here’s the deal with the cheesesteak. Campo’s offers a vegan bread at their physical locations (outside the stadium), but does not offer the vegan bread inside the stadium at all. Thank you to Grace for getting this info from Campo’s manager and sharing with us!
Sections 126, 206 & 318*
- Veggie Dogs
Chickie’s & Pete’s (Sections 208, 219, 225 & 319)
- Crabfries w/ NO cheese
Philadelphia Water Ice (Ashburn Alley, Sections 106, 119 & 134)
- Topped Nachos. Ask for nachos with salsa only
Peanuts and Soft Pretzels*
- Peanuts (Over a dozen locations)
- Soft Pretzel (Over a dozen locations)
*These were options during the 2021 baseball season. We have not been able to confirm yet whether these options are still available for the 2022 season.
Can I Bring Food Into Citizen’s Bank Park?
Interested in bringing your own food into the park? Here are a few policies at Citizen’s Bank Park that you need to be aware of. We pulled these directly from the Citizen Bank Park A to Z Guide.
Food and Beverage (as of 3/21/22)
Citizens Bank Park is a bit different when it comes to bringing in outside food and beverage.
Pretty much every other park we’ve researched clearly states whether outside food and beverage is allowed or prohibited. Citizens Bank doesn’t do this, it’s not specifically addressed.
However, after looking through multiple reliable sources, we feel comfortable saying you are allowed to bring your own food into the park as long as it’s in the proper bag.
Bags (as of 3/21/22)
In an effort to expedite entry, guests are prohibited from bringing bags, including backpacks, tote bags and drawstring bags, to the ballpark. Only purses, medical bags and diaper bags will be permitted into Citizens Bank Park.
Approved bags (purses, medical bags and diaper bags) can be no larger than 16″ x 16″ x 8″ and will be subject to inspection upon entry in accordance with Major League Baseball security regulations.
Guests may discard or return the prohibited items to their vehicle, as well as store them in a new BinBox locker on Citizens Bank Way ($10 fee).
Bottles, Cans and Coolers (as of 3/21/22)
To ensure the safety of our guests, glass bottles, cans, hard-sided, soft-sided and Styrofoam coolers, thermoses and open containers may not be brought into the ballpark.
Exceptions: unopened plastic bottles (non-alcoholic), baby bottles and single-serve, soft-sided juice containers may be brought into the ballpark after inspection.
Vegan Options Nearby Citizens Bank Park
Looking for a good place to get a bite to eat before or after the game?
All of Philly’s sports stadiums are in the same area of the city and are a bit off to themselves. However, a quick drive can get you to a couple great vegan options.
The Chilly Banana
We love the Chilly Banana! When we lived in Philly, the Chilly Banana was just a food truck and we would find them at events all over the city and we always had to grab a frozen dessert.
Essentially, The Chilly Banana makes “ice cream” out of frozen bananas. Then they top each creation with all kinds of different toppings. It’s delicious and The Chilly Banana will blow your mind over how good frozen bananas can taste!
Now they have a permanent location that is just 2 miles north of the stadium. We highly recommend giving them a try.
Another vegan restaurant 2 miles away is a very cute diner called, The Tasty. Big fans of their breakfast. They offer all the classics: waffles, omelets, burritos, pancakes, french toast, and biscuits & gravy; all vegan of course. Sandwiches and salads are also on the menu.
Check to verify they are open before going & if they are offering dine-in. Currently (3.21.22), pickup is only available.
More Links and Info:
- Campo’s Deli offers a Vegan Works Cheesesteak. Their menu specifically states it is vegan; however, I have read the bread they put it on is NOT vegan. Please verify before ordering. Update: This has been confirmed by one of our readers!
- In 2019, there was a lot of attention around the new Questlove Cheesesteak. Unfortunately, it is vegetarian! The cheese is dairy and the dough conditioner in the bread is L-Cysteine, which is made from hair.
- If you’d like to get more info on Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia you can go to their official page here on mlb.com.
- VeggL is THE place for finding vegan options ANYWHERE! We have Cheat Sheets for Popular Chain Restaurants, Airports and Stadiums/Arenas including nearby venues Lincoln Financial Field and Wells Fargo Arena
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!