We are incredibly thankful when a Baseball Park offers a Vegan Hot Dog. Ryan and I lived in Philadelphia for two years and thoroughly enjoyed our visits to Citizens Bank Park. I only wish I had this list of options available back then! At that time, the lettuce wraps were at Harry the K’s but we had NO idea.
I’m not sure if you could have pulled me away from a Vegan Hot Dog with Philly’s own, Chickie & Pete’s Crabfries and a Water Ice (pronounced wooder ice if you ask the locals). Here is your complete list of everything vegan at Citizens Bank Park. Enjoy!
Vegan Options at Citizens Bank Park
Harry the K’s Bar & Grill (left field scoreboard)
- Curry Cauliflower Vegan Lettuce Wrap
Campo’s Deli–Ashburn Alley
- Vegan Works Cheesesteak – Here’s the deal with the cheesesteak. Campo’s offers a vegan bread at their physical locations (outside the stadium), but does not offer the vegan bread inside the stadium at all. Thank you to Grace for getting this info from Campo’s manager and sharing with us!
Sections 126, 206 & 318
- Veggie Dogs
Chickie’s & Pete’s (Sections 208, 219, 225 & 319)
- Crabfries w/ NO cheese
Philadelphia Water Ice (Ashburn Alley, Sections 106, 119 & 134)
- Topped Nachos. Ask for nachos with salsa only
Peanuts and Soft Pretzels
- Peanuts (Section 102, 103, 104, 106, 109, 113, 114, 116, 130, 132, 137, 138, 139, 204, 206, 210, 233, 318, 323, 329 & 330)
- Soft Pretzel (Ashburn Alley, Sections 102, 103, 104, 109, 110, 113, 114, 116, 132, 135, 137, 139, 204, 210, 218, 323 & 329)
Can I Bring Food Into Citizen’s Bank Park?
Interested in bringing your own food into the park? Here are a few policies at Citizen’s Bank Park that you need to be aware of. We pulled these directly from the Citizen Bank Park A to Z Guide.
Food and Beverage (as of 9/23/21)
Citizens Bank Park is a bit different when it comes to bringing in outside food and beverage. Pretty much every other park we’ve researched clearly states whether outside food and beverage is allowed or prohibited. Citizens Bank doesn’t do this, it’s not specifically addressed.
However, after looking through multiple reliable sources, we feel comfortable saying you are allowed to bring your own food into the park as long as it’s in the proper bag.
Bags (as of 9/23/21)
In an effort to expedite entry, guests are prohibited from bringing bags, including backpacks, tote bags and drawstring bags, to the ballpark. Only purses, medical bags and diaper bags will be permitted into Citizens Bank Park.
Approved bags (purses, medical bags and diaper bags) can be no larger than 16″ x 16″ x 8″ and will be subject to inspection upon entry in accordance with Major League Baseball security regulations. Guests may discard or return the prohibited items to their vehicle, as well as store them in a new BinBox locker on Citizens Bank Way ($10 fee).
Bottles, Cans and Coolers (as of 9/23/21)
To ensure the safety of our guests, glass bottles, cans, hard-sided, soft-sided and Styrofoam coolers, thermoses and open containers may not be brought into the ballpark. Exceptions: unopened plastic bottles (non-alcoholic), baby bottles and single-serve, soft-sided juice containers may be brought into the ballpark after inspection.
- Campo’s Deli offers a Vegan Works Cheesesteak. Their menu specifically states it is vegan; however, I have read the bread they put it on is NOT vegan. Please verify before ordering. Update: This has been confirmed by one of our readers!
- In 2019, there was a lot of attention around the new Questlove Cheesesteak. Unfortunately, it is vegetarian! The cheese is dairy and the dough conditioner in the bread is L-Cysteine, which is made from hair.
- If you’d like to get more info on Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia you can go to their official page here on mlb.com.
- VeggL is THE place for finding vegan options ANYWHERE! We have Cheat Sheets for Popular Chain Restaurants, Airports and Stadiums/Arenas including nearby venues Lincoln Financial Field and Wells Fargo Arena
- We do everything possible to make sure all our Cheat Sheets are as up to date as possible, but if you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!