Several attempts to contact to PNC Arena, home of the Carolina Hurricanes, to find out the vegan options available at the arena have unfortunately gone unanswered.
We’ll keep reaching out until we finally get an answer, but in the meantime we wanted to share some information that we thought could still be helpful for anyone heading to the arena.
We researched and found the policies you need to know if you’re thinking of bringing your own food to PNC Arena and we also have a couple recommendations for vegan-friendly restaurants close to the arena.
If you’d like to encourage PNC Arena to get in touch with us so we can provide our community the vegan options available at the arena, here is a link to their guest services contact form.
Vegan Options at PNC Arena
Like we mentioned, we haven’t been able to confirm any vegan options in the arena (at least not yet!). It doesn’t mean they don’t exist, we just don’t know what they are.
If you know something we don’t, please let us know so that we can share that information on this guide!
Can I Bring Food Into PNC Arena?
Thinking about bringing your own food to the arena? Before you do, make sure that you are aware of the following policies at PNC Arena. We pulled these directly from their Policies page.
Bag Policy (as of 10/7/21)
Carolina Hurricanes Bag Policy
- No bags are permitted into NHL games.
- Wallets and wristlets smaller than 4.5″ x 6.5″ are permitted and subject to pass through x-ray machines. Guests with small wristlets or clutches must enter at the South Entrance adjacent to VIP for x-ray screening.
- Parenting and medical bags are permitted; these bags will be scanned and tagged.
Bag policies for all other Arena events are determined by the tour promoter and may vary by each event. Please check the respective Event page for details.
Items You May Not Bring Into the Facility (as of 10/7/21)
- Backpacks & Oversized Bags (see Clear Bag Policy for guidelines)
- Bottles, Cans, Coolers & Liquid Containers
- Food & Beverage (Including Alcohol)
Vegan Options Near PNC Arena
We also did some research on the area close around the arena in the event that you may want to grab some food before or after the game. Considering PNC Arena basically sits right on the NC State campus, we thought we’d find a lot to choose from. That really wasn’t the case – here is the best we found.
The Fiction Kitchen
The Fiction Kitchen brings you the experience diners have been craving in downtown Raleigh: Thoughtfully prepared vegan cuisine from a 100% vegan kitchen. Located about 5 miles southeast of the arena in downtown Raleigh.
If you really want some local 100% vegan places, downtown Raleigh is going to be your best bet.
If you want something a little closer to the arena, we did find a Panera Bread a couple miles to the northeast of the PNC. Panera is obviously not a local vegan restaurant, but it is incredibly easy to order vegan there. From bagels, to soups, salads and sandwiches it’s pretty easy to find something good at Panera.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 200 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like more info on PNC Arena, for everything from tickets to parking, make sure to go check out their Official Website.
- VeggL contains hundreds of vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and other sports venues like nearby Spectrum Center (Charlotte Hornets) and Bank of America Stadium (Carolina Panthers)
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!