The vegan options at Panera Bread include enough of a variety for you easily pick up something for breakfast or lunch. Many of their breads and bagels are vegan. They also offer quite a few varieties of salads that with a few modifications can be made vegan. Of course you can always take solace in the fact that the coffee is vegan. Mmmmmm… coffee.
Vegan Options at Panera Bread
VeggL Quick Order
- Steel Cut Oatmeal with Strawberries, Pecans & Cinnamon Crunch Topping
- Steel Cut Oatmeal with Apple Chips & Pecans
- Steel Cut Oatmeal with Blueberries & Granola
- Seasonal Fruit Cup
- Peach & Blueberry Smoothie with Almond Milk
- Green Passion Smoothie
- Bagels… Plain, Everything, Cranberry Walnut, Poppyseed & Sesame
- Vegan Lentil Quinoa Bowl
- Greek Salad. Advise NO feta
- Modern Greek Salad. Advise NO feta
- Fuji Apple Salad. Advise NO chicken or gorgonzola
- Asian Sesame Salad. Advise NO chicken or wontons
- Spicy Thai Salad. Advise NO chicken or wontons
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich on Vegan Bread listed below. Advise NO feta
- Soba Noodle Broth Bowl with Edamame Blend
- Ten Vegetable Soup
- Fruit (apple/banana) or Seasonal Fruit Cup
- French Baguette
- Kettle Chips
- Pickle Spear
– Add avocado and/or quinoa to salads or sandwiches! –
- French Baguette
- Hoagie Roll
- Black Pepper Focaccia
- Sea Salt Focaccia
- Country Rye
- Sesame Semolina
- Country Rustic
- Artisan Ciabatta
- Bagels… Plain, Cranberry Walnut, Poppyseed & Sesame
*From Panera’s website: “New items are added to our menu all the time, and some items are available only on a regional, test or seasonal basis… for the most up-to-date information, be sure to call or visit your local bakery-cafe and ask to speak to a manager, or check the nutrition information available at PaneraBread.com and on our mobile app.”
Panera Bread Vegan FAQ
Are bagels vegan at Panera?
Yes! Panera has 4 vegan bagel options. The Plain, Cranberry Walnut, Poppyseed and Sesame bagels are all vegan at Panera Bread.
Does Panera have vegan desserts?
No. All the desserts at Panera contain either egg, milk/dairy or some combination of the three. Unless you consider fruit a dessert. But, that’s as close as you’re going to get to a dessert.
Is Panera mac and cheese vegan?
I know this is going to raise some eyebrows, but it’s a question we’ve received more than once. No, the mac and cheese at Panera contains, well, cheese. There’s no vegan cheese options at Panera Bread so there’s no vegan mac and cheese. Would be cool if they did though.
VeggL Cheat Sheet Guides
Ryan’s Pick: I love the Cranberry Walnut bagel, just plain and toasted. A bagel and a large coffee with almond milk and I’m good to go.
Jen’s Pick: I’ve had the Vegan Lentil Quinoa Bowl a few times and it’s really good. Panera also makes really good Sourdough bread in my opinion.
- For a complete look at Panera Bread’s full menu, head over to their official website
- Not quite what you’re looking for? We also have Cheat Sheets for over 60 other popular chain restaurants like Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know