The vegan options at Petco Park, home of the San Diego Padres, for the 2023 baseball season look pretty good! We have their full list but what we’re still curious about is what is inside the Seaside Market. They deem the Seaside Market as having the most vegan options inside the ballpark.
If you prefer to bring your own food in, we have information about that along with their beverage and bag policies. Should you choose to eat before or after the game, we also listed a couple of restaurants.
If you find something at the park that we should know about, please reach out and let us know so we can continue to improve this guide!
Vegan Options at Petco Park
These 2023 options were found on Petco Park’s Food Finder list on the MLB App.
Mushroom Bao Buns at Din Tai Fung
- Section 104
Popsicles at Holy Paleta
Ask for the Chamango flavor.
- Section 104
Veggie Roll at Negihama Sushi
- Section 104
- Section 211
The largest variety of vegan options can be found here! Feel free to ask for the chef at the counter to learn more about the food preparation.
- Section 105
Veggie Burger at Hodad’s
All Hodad locations offer Veggie Burgers, which can be lettuce-wrapped too!
- Sections 104 & 131
- Section 200
- Section 300
Berry Acai Bowl at Sambazon
- Section 107
Can I Bring Food Into Petco Park?
If you’re thinking about bringing vegan food into the game with you, here are a few Petco Park policies that you’ll want to be aware of. These were taken directly from the Padres A to Z guide.
Bags (as of 3.31.23)
- For enhanced ballpark security and to expedite the entry process for all of our guests, Petco Park will prohibit bags with the exception for single compartment bags measuring 7” x 10” or smaller, infant and medical bags.
Bottles, Cans & Beverages (as of 3.31.23)
- Factory-sealed plastic bottled water that is still, clear and unflavored and that is one (1) liter (32 ounces) or less, and soft-sided single juice or milk containers or ADA required liquids in a sealed container are permitted into Petco Park. Guests with disabilities may bring factory-sealed plastic or paper containers that contain liquids required for medical reasons into the ballpark.
Food & Beverage Policies (as of 3.31.23)
The San Diego Padres permit guests to bring food into Petco Park intended for individual consumption (not for groups of individuals) and should be consumed in one’s seat. Outside food cannot be brought into any ballpark restaurant, club lounge, or suite. Guests must also adhere to the following:
- All food items should be wrapped, bagged, or left inside a container to avoid spillage.
- Food that might be thrown as a projectile must be sliced or sectioned (i.e., oranges, apples, and other fruits).
- Food containers must be soft-sided and comply with Petco Park bag policies.
- Guests are allowed to bring one factory-sealed plastic bottled water that is still, clear, and unflavored and that is one (1) liter (32 ounces) or less, and soft-sided single juice or milk containers or ADA required liquids in a sealed container.
- One (1) liter reusable water bottles (no glass) are permitted and must be empty upon entry into the ballpark.
- California liquor regulations prohibit guests from bringing alcoholic beverages into Petco Park. Security officers at every gate will inspect packages, bags, and purses to prevent guests from bringing bottles, cans, or any other type of liquid containers of alcohol into Petco Park.
Vegan Options Near Petco Park
We also took a look around Petco Park to find a few spots where you can grab a bite to eat before or after the game. This is by no means a comprehensive list, just a couple locations that piqued our interest.
Spoiled Vegans Cafe
Located only about 4 blocks east of the stadium sits the Spoiled Vegans Cafe. Spoiled Vegans Cafe is a weekend breakfast/lunch spot open (at least at the time of this writing) Friday, Saturday and Sunday 8am – 2pm.
They specialize in making some absolutely ridiculous looking breakfast sandwiches. Too many different kinds to name here and all of them look amazing. This would probably be on the top of our ‘must see’ spots next time we are in the area.
Cafe Gratitude San Diego
It always catches our attention when we’re looking through google reviews and find a place that has around 2,000 reviews at a really high rating. Cafe Gratitude is a growing LA chain and this San Diego location is just about 3 miles north of the stadium.
People rave about their French Toast and their Key Lime Pie. Not sure if you’d want to order both of those in the same meal, but hey, we’re not here to judge!
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Info and Links
- If you’d like to get more info on everything Petco Park related, be sure to check out their official MLB page here
- VeggL has over 400 vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and other stadiums like Dodger Stadium and Angel Stadium
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!