As far as inside the stadium goes, we have tried to reach out to Angel Stadium and the Angels multiple times to try to find out what vegan options are available at the stadium. Unfortunately we’ve still not received a response yet.
If you know of any vegan options inside Angel Stadium, we’d love to hear from you so we can add them here!
In the meantime, we did do some research of what’s available near the stadium, so you can grab a bite to eat before or after the game if you wish!
Can I Bring Food Into Angel Stadium?
If it’s hard to know what’s available inside the stadium, then the next logical thought is, ‘Can I Bring in my own Food?’. Well, if bringing in your own eats is your Plan B, then here are some Angel Stadium policies you need to be aware of. These were all pulled from Angel Stadium’s Information Guide.
Bag Policy (as of 9/23/21)
In an effort to enhance public safety, Angel Stadium prohibits all bags, backpacks and other carriers from being brought into the stadium with the following exceptions (in each case, after proper inspection):
- Purses or bags that are 12″ x 12″ with a single zipper closure/flap or smaller
- Clear bags (plastic or vinyl) with no obscured interior pockets that do not exceed 12.75″ x 6.5″ x 12.75″
- Medically necessary items, including diaper bags
Other than the above-noted exceptions, all other bags must be returned to the patron’s vehicle.
Food and Beverage Policy (as of 9/23/21)
Guests can bring food and bottled water into Angel Stadium. This policy is specific to Angels game related events and does not apply to special events held at the ballpark (i.e. concerts, tours, corporate events, etc.). Items that do not meet these guidelines will not be allowed.
- Guests may bring in food that is contained in a clear, plastic bag no larger than one gallon in size.
- Food items should resemble individual portions and not bulk quantities.
- Guests may bring in a factory-sealed, clear plastic bottle of water or sports drink, no larger than one liter.
- Frozen water bottles are prohibited for safety purposes.
Vegan Options Near Angel Stadium
Veganixima is a plant based Mexican style restaurant that is located about 2 miles southeast of the stadium. Google Maps has it at almost a 40 minute walk that includes crossing over the Santa Ana River, so walking might not be an option.
It would make a great stop going to the game though if you’re driving in. If it’s a late game, make sure to stop in before the game, because they close at 8PM most nights of the week.
The reviews for this place are amazing (4.7 out of 5)! The food gets high marks, but the amount of comments referring to the outstanding customer service is what really stood out to us.
Rubio’s Coastal Grill
About two miles straight south from Angel Stadium are The Outlets at Orange. Located in this outlet mall is a Rubio’s Coastal Grill. While Rubio’s is not 100% vegan, they are a very vegan friendly chain restaurant with locations up and down the west coast.
Like Veganixima, Rubio’s is almost two miles from the stadium so it’s probably a little far to walk, but parking (we’re totally guessing here) should be a bit easier at the outlets.
We would suggest going with the Impossible California Bowl (Order with NO Chipotle White Sauce) or the Burrito Especial with grilled veggies (Order with NO Chipotle White Sauce). For a full list of everything vegan at Rubio’s, check out our Rubio’s Vegan Guide.
Vegan Pizza is a bit further away from the stadium (a little over 4 miles) as our first two suggestions, but we really wanted to mention Vegan Pizza here for a couple reasons.
First, the reviews are amazing! Like, ‘best pizza I’ve ever had’ type of reviews. I don’t know about you, but when I hear that kind of praise I definitely want to see for myself!
Second, not only is there another vegan restaurant right next door, Loving Hut Garden Grove, but there is also a Vegan Market located in the same parking lot.
Taking all that into account, we felt we had to share!
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 200 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
- At VeggL, we have vegan guides for stadiums and arenas across the country including nearby Dodger Stadium.
- Disclaimer: We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant or stadium that we need to know about, let us know. VeggL is not responsible for out of date or incorrect information.