Finding the vegan options at Oakland Coliseum was a bit tricky. It was hard to get some concrete answers on exactly what options are available and exactly where you can find it.
The good news is, Oakland Coliseum does appear to be pretty vegan friendly, you may just have to inquire about where to grab your in-game vegan eats.
If you have any knowledge that can help us improve this guide, please reach out to us and let us know!
Vegan Options at Oakland Coliseum
*These are the options from the 2021 season. We still have not been able to confirm what options are available at the park for the 2022 season.*
Food Truck Championship Plaza
Championship Plaza in the coliseum hosts at least 8 and sometimes up to 16 food trucks for each game. Food trucks rotate and are subject to change.
(We have heard rumors of an all-vegan Filipino food truck, but can’t confirm if it’s still available at games)
Having said that, the A’s do specifically mention on their food truck faq that there will always be vegan options available amongst the food trucks. Our recommendation is to tour the trucks, check the menus and ask questions to confirm if need be.
We’ve read in several places that the Coliseum offers the Impossible Burger. Makes sense considering Oakland is the home of Impossible Foods. We don’t know exactly where you can grab it though.
Can I Bring Food Into Oakland Coliseum?
Looking to bring your own food to the game? Here are some policies at the Oakland Coliseum that you need to be aware of. We pulled these directly from their Security Page.
Permitted Items* (as of 4/17/22)
- Bags brought in to the stadium may not be larger than 16″ x 16″ x 8″. All bags, including backpacks and purses, are subject to search.
- Food (in non-glass containers)
- Factory sealed non-alcoholic beverages under 1 liter in size
Prohibited Items* (as of 4/17/22)
- Bags larger than 16″ x 16″ x 8″
- Hard coolers of any size
- Cans, glass containers, aerosol cans, alcoholic beverages, or lawn furniture
*This is not a complete list of permitted and prohibited items to the ballpark. We only picked out those that we felt were relevant to anyone wanting to bring in their own food and/or water.
Vegan Options Near Oakland Coliseum
We did a little research on the area around the stadium to find a few places you may want to check out if you’re getting a bite to eat before or after the game.
There are a few vegan restaurants in the area, but really only one that is within a couple miles of the stadium.
Two Mammas’ Vegan Kitchen
Located just over two miles north of the stadium, Two Mammas’ Vegan Kitchen is a counter serve cafe with a variety of options. We did notice that they seem to only be open Thursday through Sunday so keep that in mind.
We’ve not ate here personally, but reviews for the place are amazing. People seem to really rave over the potato salad and the Benedict.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info:
- For more information on the Oakland Coliseum for things like tickets, parking, etc. Make sure to head over to their Official Website.
- At VeggL, we have vegan guides for stadiums and arenas across the country including nearby Angel Stadium and Dodger Stadium.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!