The vegan options at MetLife Stadium are, well, non-existent from what we can gather. Two people that we spoke with at MetLife confirmed this.
However, one did point out though that MetLife Stadium does allow food to be brought into the stadium as long as it’s in the appropriate bag (more on that below).
Since it’s a BYOF situation, we included all of the policies that you’ll want to become familiar with. Finally, we researched around the stadium to find a couple places that might be good for getting some food before or after the game.
If you learn of something we’re missing here, please reach out and let us know so that we can improve this guide!
Vegan Options at MetLife Stadium
We spoke with two different people at MetLife Stadium (one of them with Delaware North, the concessionaire at the stadium) and both of them confirmed with us that there aren’t any vegan options at MetLife.
Pretty disappointing to say the least.
The closest we got was that the Veggie Taco and Veggie Burrito (found at MetLife Central, Sec. 117, Sec. 315, Toyota Club, United Rentals Club) might be able to be modified to be made vegan.
Can I Bring Food Into MetLife Stadium?
Thinking about bringing your own food to the stadium? Here are some policies at MetLife Stadium that you’ll definitely want to be aware of. These were pulled directly from MetLife’s A to Z Guide
Bag Policy (as of 9/15/21)
Guests are welcome to carry-in the following types of bags into MetLife Stadium:
- Any type of clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC bags that are 12” x 6” x 12” or less in size (1 bag per person)
- Non-clear, small purses/handbags (clutch-type bags) that are 4.5” x 6.5” or less in size (1 per person)
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc or similar)
*An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
The following bags are not permitted to be carried into MetLife Stadium:
- Any type of non-clear bag exceeding 4.5” x 6.5” in size including non-clear purses/handbags, camera or binocular cases, backpacks, fanny packs, diaper bags, and briefcases/computer bags
- Seat cushions of any size except those for medical needs
Bottles & Cans (as of 9/15/21)
Bottles and cans of any type, excluding a factory sealed plastic bottle of water or soft drink 20 oz or less in size, are prohibited from being brought into the Stadium.
Any guest deliberately concealing alcohol which is found during the security screening process may be prohibited from entering the Stadium. Any guest found to be consuming from or in possession of a prohibited container inside of the Stadium may be subject to ejection.
If a guest has a special need that requires a specific type of drink, please see the nearest gate supervisor.
Carry In Policy – Permitted Items** (as of 9/15/21)
- Food of any kind that is contained in a clear plastic bag
- Factory-sealed, plastic bottles of water or soft drinks that are 20 oz. or less in size (caps will be removed by Safety Services team members)
- Reusable water bottles (both plastic and aluminum). Bottles must be empty upon entry. See Water Fountains for a list of water fountain locations where bottles may be filled.
Vegan Options Near MetLife Stadium
We always like to make a day out of going to a game. That usually includes grabbing a bite to eat nearby either before or after the game (and sometimes both!).
We really expected some great vegan restaurants nearby, but that wasn’t what we ended up finding.
There is an Olive Garden about 4 miles southeast of the stadium by a Wal-Mart. And in an absolute pinch, there is a Dunkin’ up the road from the stadium if you head north. If we’re missing something here, someone please follow one of the contact form links on this guide and let us know.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like more info on MetLife stadium, like parking and policies, head over to their Official Website
- VeggL contains hundreds of vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and stadiums including other New York sporting venues – Yankee Stadium (NY Yankees) and Madison Square Garden (Knicks and Rangers)
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!