Multiple attempts to contact the Highmark Stadium, home of the Buffalo Bills, to find out what vegan options are available at the stadium have not been successful… not only for the 2023 season but also for the last few years.
We’ll keep reaching out, but in the meantime, we do have the policies you need to know if you’re thinking about bringing your own food to the stadium (we suggest reading that because it may be your best option!).
We also have two suggestions for a couple of vegan-friendly locations where you can stop and grab a bite to eat before or after the game.
Finally, if you’d like to help us out by encouraging the Highmark Stadium to get in touch with us, you can reach them here.
Vegan Options at Highmark Stadium
Owl’s Brew (Gate 4 , East Endzone Section 117-127)
The only confirmed vegan option we are aware of in the stadium and it’s not even food. But if you are at the game for an alcoholic beverage, this is your spot… a sparkling, fresh-brewed tea with real fruit juice kind of drink.
Craft Bowl Co. (Section 236)
Craft Bowl Co. is new for the 2023 season. We have NOT confirmed if this is a vegan option yet. If you stop by before we learn more, we would love it if you could pass that information on to us. 🙂
- Grilled Vegetable Skewers on Rice or Super Greens / Grilled Vegetable Bowls. Verify if this is a vegan option prior to ordering! If it is, they have toppings like hummus as well.
Rachel’s Mediterranean Grill (Pepsi Club, Toyota Club, just inside Gate 2 and Gate 5)
We had shared Rachel’s for the 2022 season… we have not confirmed if this concession is available for 2023.
- Verify which items are vegan but according to Rachel’s Mediterranean Grill website, the pita bread is vegan along with the falafel, veggies, hummus, the Greek dressing and tahini sauce.
–> Help us improve this guide… if you happen to see any vegan options we can add, please reach out to us and let us know!
Can I Bring Food Into Highmark Stadium?
Thinking about bringing your own food into the stadium for a Bills game? Here are some policies at Highmark Stadium that you’ll want to be aware of. These were all taken directly from their website.
Bag Policy / Permitted Items* (as of 8.21.23)
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″, or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar), or
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand (4 ½” x 6 ½”), with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
Food & Beverage (as of 8.21.23)
- Food – unopened, single-serve containers carried in an approved-size clear plastic bag.
With us not being able to confirm vegan options in the stadium, pre-packing your own food is what we suggest!
- Alcoholic beverages
- Bottles, cans, thermoses, and other beverage containers
Children’s juice boxes when accompanied by a child, infant bottles when accompanied by an infant and items necessary for medical purposes are permitted. For specific information please contact the Bills Box Office at 1-877-BB-TICKS.
*These are not a complete list of all permitted and non-permitted items. Just those we selected that we felt related to bringing in food or beverage to the game.
Vegan Options Near Highmark Stadium
We looked around Highmark Stadium to try to find a couple of good spots where you can grab a bite to eat before or after the game. To be honest, we didn’t find a whole lot really close to the stadium but did find a couple of good options that are pretty close.
Green Eats Kitchen and Juice Bar
Green Eats Kitchen is a health food store serving up healthy options like juices, smoothies, bowls and more. They aren’t 100% vegan, but do have lots of (clearly labeled) vegan options on their menu.
They’re located only 3 miles east of the stadium, so not too far at all.
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Brews
Ok, I know what you’re thinking… Red Robin? Here me out. Red Robin has two different vegan-friendly burgers on their menu and this location is only a couple miles north of the stadium.
It might sound crazy, but this Red Robin is one of your best bets before or after a Bills game unless you’re going to travel a ways away.
Plus, (for better or worse) it’s usually much easier to get non-vegan friends and family on board when your restaurant choice is, well, something like Red Robin.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- For more info on Highmark Stadium, especially for Bills Gameday, check out their Official Page
- VeggL contains vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and stadiums including other nearby stadiums like Yankee Stadium (Yankees) and Madison Square Garden (Knicks & Rangers)
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!