Repeated attempts to receive vegan option info from Guaranteed Rate Field had gone unanswered; however, a VeggL user came thru in 2022 and let us know they had finally updated their Dietary Restrictions page. For the 2023 season, this page has not been updated.
From the options they have listed, we were surprised to see the Veggie Dogs are not labeled vegan so be aware they do have them but are not vegan. We are reaching back out to them to find out why and will update once we have more info.
We also have the policies you should know if you’re thinking about bringing your own food into the game and a recommendation of a good place to grab vegan food near the park.
Vegan Options at Guaranteed Rate Field
The following information is from The White Sox’s 2022 dietary restrictions guide. We have contacted them to ask for info on the 2023 season since no new info has been released and the MLB app does not show this information.
- Vegan Chili (3 bean chili with fritos and green onion)
- Fruit Cup
- Mixed Green Salad
Sections 107, 136, 156, and 516
- Dippin Dots (Rainbow Ice)
Sections 122, 140, Fan Deck, 524, 544
- Garden Burger
Section 141 & 151 (Marketplace)
- Salad. Verify which are vegan before purchasing.
Can I Bring Food Into Guaranteed Rate Field?
If you’re thinking about bringing your own food into the ballpark, here are a few Guaranteed Rate Field policies that you want to be aware of. These were taken directly from the Chicago White Sox Information Guide
Bag Policy (as of 3.29.23)
- Clear tote bags (12” x 12” x 6” or smaller), clutch purses (9″ x 5″ x 2″ or smaller) and diaper bags when an infant is present are permitted to carry into the ballpark. No backpacks or other bags are allowed.
- Guests with required medical equipment (breast pumps, Insulin, epi-pens, oxygen and other medical devices) may be allowed to carry those items into the ballpark and will be subject to search.
Bottles/Cans (as of 3.29.23)
- Neither bottles nor cans are allowed to be carried into the ballpark. Guests are permitted to bring in plastic bottles of pure water under one liter in size that are still sealed.
Food & Beverages Allowed In (as of 3.29.23)
- Guests are permitted to bring food into the park in a clear food storage bag no larger than 1 gallon, and a factory-sealed plastic bottle of pure water no larger than one liter in size.
Vegan Options Near Guaranteed Rate Field
We also did a bit researching looking at the area just around the field. We were looking for a couple of places close to the stadium that would make good spots to grab a bite to eat before or after the game.
Here is the best option we found close to the field:
Less than 1.5 miles from the ballpark is Herbivore! A highly rated 100% vegan restaurant with burgers, chik’n sandwiches, southern comfort, pasta and more.
They do have limited days and hours they’re open though so check that first when making plans.
Veggie House is a Chinese restaurant serving up vegetarian and vegan dishes. Looking through their menu, I wish it was a little more clear exactly which dishes were which, but there does seem to be plenty of vegan options available. Just make sure to check with your server when ordering.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- For more info on Guaranteed Rate Field like parking, rules and regulations, etc visit their Official MLB Page
- VeggL contains vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and stadiums/ballparks including other baseball parks like Wrigley Field (Chicago Cubs) and Busch Stadium (St Louis Cardinals)
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!