Comerica Park did have a note in their information guide that we haven’t noticed at any other stadium or park that we’ve researched. They have a specific line that talks about where you can go for info on dietary restrictions:
Please visit the Guest Services Offices near Sections 131, 210 and 330. This information is also available at any concession stand.
Having said that, we haven’t been able to get any responses from Comerica Park on what their vegan options are (if any) at the ballpark for the upcoming season.
We do, however, have all the policies you need to know if you’re thinking about bringing your own food to the game as well as a couple good vegan friendly spots to get a bite to eat before or after the game.
If you know something we don’t, please let us know so we can improve this guide for everyone in the VeggL community.
Vegan Options at Comerica Park
None that we’re aware of yet for the 2022 season.
Doesn’t mean that there aren’t any, we just haven’t been able to confirm any yet.
Can I Bring Food Into Comerica Park?
If you’re thinking about bringing your own food into the stadium, here are a few Comerica Park policies that you’ll want to be aware of. We pulled these directly from their Information Guide:
Bag Policy (as of 4/17/22)
All bags, purses and clutches are now prohibited, with medical or diaper bags being the exceptions. Single compartment wallets smaller than 4” x 6” x 1.5”, with or without a handle or strap are permitted.
Permitted Items (after inspection)* (as of 4/17/22)
- Drink boxes, if you have children in your party or for medical needs
- One factory sealed clear plastic bottle of unflavored water per guest
- Plastic baby bottles if you have a child in your party
- Single compartment wallets smaller than 4” x 6” x 1.5”, with or without a handle or strap are permitted.
Non Permitted Items* (as of 4/17/22)
- All bags, purses, (except medical or diaper bags). Single compartment wallets smaller than 4” x 6” x 1.5”, with or without a handle or strap are permitted.
- Beverages (except drink boxes with children in your party or for medical needs)
- Bottles (glass or plastic; except one factory sealed clear bottle of unflavored water per guest)
- Hard sided coolers
- Liquid containers (glass or plastic; except one factory sealed clear bottle of unflavored water per guest)
- Outside food
*This is not a complete list of the permitted and non-permitted items. We only picked out a few items that we felt were relevant for someone wanting to bring food and/or beverages into the game.
Vegan Options Near Comerica Park
We also did a bit of research looking at the area near Comerica Park to try to find a couple good spots to grab a bite to eat before or after the game. This is absolutely not a comprehensive list, just a few places that caught our attention.
4626 3rd Ave, Detroit, MI 48201
Located about two miles north of the ballpark, Street Beat serves up vegan comfort food. They’re known for the their spicy (vegan) chicken sandwiches. Grab one with an order of fries before or after your next Tigers game.
66 E Forest Ave, Detroit, MI 48201
Seva Detroit is a cafe with a hip, modern feel to it. They are a vegetarian restaurant so keep that in mind when ordering, but the majority of their dishes are already made vegan.
They are located in midtown, about a mile and a half north of the stadium. If you want to try something unique (with really good prices), then definitely think about giving Seva Detroit a try.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Info and Links
- If you’d like more info on Comerica Park, like buying tickets, parking, directions, etc visit their Official MLB Page
- VeggL has vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and stadiums / ballparks including other baseball stadiums like Busch Stadium (St Louis Cardinals) and Progressive Field (Cleveland Guardians)
- Disclaimer: We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is as accurate as possible and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change that we need to know about, let us know. VeggL is not responsible for out of date or incorrect information.