The vegan options are Comerica Park, home of the Detroit Tigers, are decent for the 2023 season. We’re glad to see a Veggie Dog and Dippin’ Dots in the ballpark. Add some peanuts and Cracker Jacks… well, you know the rest. 😉
Maybe you would prefer to take in your own food. We share with you what their policies are on food and drinks along with their policies on bag sizes, etc.
Or if you prefer to grab a bite to eat before or after the game, we have a couple of recommendations as well.
Please let us know if you notice any additions or changes we need to make so we can improve this guide for all of the vegan baseball fans in the VeggL community.
Vegan Options at Comerica Park
- Cracker Jack
- Soft Pretzels
- Chips – check ingredients. Look for Lay’s
- Candy – check ingredients. Look for Twizzlers
Nachos might be an option if you can get them with salsa and no cheese.
Made with Field Roast. The bun has a couple of unverifiable dough conditioner ingredients listed–we consider this to be accidentally vegan. You choose your level of comfort.
- Sections 108 & 130
- Section 325
- Tiger Club
Look for the rainbow flavor.
- Section 111, 129, 148 & 151
- Section 213
- Section 334
Baked Pita Chips and Hummus
At the Chicken Shawarma Nachos vendor, the Baked Pita Chips, Hummus and Garlic Dip are all vegan. We have not confirmed if this trio is an option to order on its own though. If you stop by, please let us know.
According to the allergy guide we received, the Garlic Dip is made with fresh potato, canola oil, fresh garlic, fresh cilantro, salt and lemon juice.
A VeggL user let us know she was able to get the Shawarma Nachos with no chicken as well. We have NOT confirmed that this is a vegan option, please ask prior to ordering.
- Section 122
Frozen Minute Maid Lemonade
- Sections 108, 130, 138 & 149
- Section 213
- Sections 325, 331 & 339
A VeggL user let us know she was able to get an Impossible Burger at the Sandwich Kiosk (Section 122). We have NOT confirmed if this is a vegan option in its entirety (bun, etc.), please ask prior to ordering. Thank you for the info, Brittany!
If you discover any other vegan options, please let us know so we can keep this guide up to date.
Can I Bring Food Into Comerica Park?
If you’re thinking about bringing your own food into the stadium, here are a few Comerica Park policies that you’ll want to be aware of.
Bag Policy (as of 3.30.23)
- Single compartment bags, wallets and clutches smaller than 4″ x 6″ x 1.5″ with or without a handle or strap are permitted.
- Bags, purses, clutches larger than 4” x 6” x 1.5” are prohibited.
- Exceptions to this policy include bags, wallets and clutches needed due to medical necessity. Medical necessity includes diaper bags, breast pumps, oxygen, insulin, epi-pens and other medical devices. Authorized Diaper and Medical bags are required to be smaller than 16″ x 16″ x 8″.
Permitted Items (after inspection)* (as of 3.30.23)
- Drink boxes, if you have children in your party or for medical needs
- One factory-sealed, clear plastic bottle of unflavored water per person is permitted to be brought into the ballpark.
- Plastic baby bottles if you have a child in your party
- Single compartment wallets smaller than 4” x 6” x 1.5”, with or without a handle or strap are permitted.
Non-Permitted Items* (as of 3.30.23)
- No outside food or beverage is permitted.
- Liquid containers (glass or plastic; except one factory-sealed clear bottle of unflavored water per guest)
- All bags, purses, (except medical or diaper bags). Single-compartment wallets smaller than 4” x 6” x 1.5”, with or without a handle or strap are permitted.
- Beverages (except drink boxes with children in your party or for medical needs)
- Bottles (glass or plastic; except one factory sealed clear bottle of unflavored water per guest)
- Hard sided coolers
*This is not a complete list of the permitted and non-permitted items. We only picked out a few items that we felt were relevant for someone wanting to bring food and/or beverages into the game.
Vegan Options Near Comerica Park
We also did a bit of research looking at the area near Comerica Park to try to find a couple of good spots to grab a bite to eat before or after the game. This is absolutely not a comprehensive list, just a few places that caught our attention.
Seva Detroit is a cafe with a hip, modern feel to it. They are a vegetarian restaurant so keep that in mind when ordering, but the majority of their dishes are already made vegan.
They are located in midtown, about a mile and a half north of the stadium. If you want to try something unique (with really good prices), then definitely think about giving Seva Detroit a try.
Pie Sci Pizza
While we prefer a predominately vegan if not fully vegan restaurant as one of our, vegan options near the stadium, a VeggL user recommended Pie Sci Pizza.
Their menu states that most pizza’s can be made vegan and that they offer Follow Your Heart cheese or a house-made cashew cheese. We also discovered a couple of vegan desserts on their menu–a vegan chalupa with vegan ice cream in a housemade waffle taco and cinnamon bread sticks called, vegan evil bread.
With it being 2.5 miles from the stadium, you will more than likely will either eat in or take your order to-go.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Info and Links
- If you’d like more info on Comerica Park, like buying tickets, parking, directions, etc visit their Official MLB Page
- VeggL has vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and stadiums / ballparks including other baseball stadiums like Busch Stadium (St Louis Cardinals) and Progressive Field (Cleveland Guardians)
- Disclaimer: We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is as accurate as possible and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change that we need to know about, let us know. VeggL is not responsible for out of date or incorrect information.