We have had a frustrating time trying to track down the vegan options at American Family Field. It’s times like these that motivate us to continue expanding and improving VeggL because it shouldn’t be so hard to find vegan options!
We have really struggled with getting any info from American Family Field and the 2023 season is no different.
We did look up and include policies at the stadium if you’re thinking of bringing your own food and found a couple of good spots to find a bite to eat nearby.
If you know something we don’t regarding the vegan options at American Family Field (especially if you work there) then please let us know so we can improve this guide for every vegan baseball fan. 🙂
Vegan Options at American Family Field
- Potato Chips – check ingredients
Choose the Rainbow Ice flavor
- Section 128
- Sections 208 & 231
- Sections 414 & 431
When attempting to find vegan options in this ballpark, the MLB App shows a place either called Baked Potato or maybe its what this concession specializes in. I’m not sure since there is no menu attached. Maybe you could order a plain baked potato here– might be worth a shot to ask.
- Section 216
The following was info we had from last year –> We were notified by a VeggL user that the Veggie Dog is NOT vegan. This ballpark uses Morningstar dogs that contain egg. Interested to find out if this is still the case in 2023.
We have contacted the ballpark and will update here when we learn more.
If you happen to go to a game and discover some vegan options before we hear back, please let us know!
Can I Bring Food Into American Family Field?
If you’re thinking about bringing your own food into the stadium, here is some information you need to know.
According to their Information Guide, you can bring the following into American Family Field:
Food, Drink & Bags Permitted (as of 3.31.23)
- Clear single-compartment tote bags 12″ x 12″ x 6″ or smaller
- Non-clear bags 9″ x 5″ x 2″ or smaller
- One-gallon clear sealable bags
- Non-alcoholic sealed plastic bottles (32 ounces or smaller)
- Personal size food items (e.g., a sandwich, small bags of pretzels, piece of fruit)
Prohibited Items (as of 3.31.23)
- Cans and/or Glass/Metal Containers (including Yeti type bottles, tumblers, and thermos)
- Coolers (Hard and Soft-Sided)
- Stainless Steel Reusable Drinking Straws
- Tote Bags
*Exceptions will be made for diaper bags (maximum size: 16″ x 16″ x 8″) and for ADA/medically necessary items.
For additional information on their bag policy and other permitted and prohibited items, please visit American Family Field’s Security Page.
Vegan Options Near American Family Field
We also did a bit of research looking around American Family Field to help find you a couple spots with good vegan eats worth checking out possibly before or after the game.
This is not a comprehensive list, just a few places that we’ve either tried and love or found intriguing.
On The Bus
Located about three miles east of the stadium (most of the vegan friendly places we found were all east of the stadium, close to the water) inside the Milwaukee Public Market is On The Bus.
On The Bus sticks out because part of their store front in the market is the front half of a Volkswagon. They specialize in sandwiches, bowls, smoothies and desserts.
People seem to really love the (vegan) ice cream and the Reuben sandwich. Consider BOTH if you get the chance to visit!
Strange Town is a little further away (If you need something super close to the stadium, there is a Taco Bell about a mile to the southeast), but still only about a 10 minute drive east of the stadium. It’s just up the water from On The Bus.
Strange Town is a hip bistro setting serving globally inspired food.
Strange Town patrons enjoy the music and atmosphere almost as much as the food, so if you’re looking for a good spot after the game for some ‘date-night’ vibes, then Strange Town may be your place.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Info and Links:
- If you’d like to get more info on American Family Field in Milwaukee you can go to their official page here on mlb.com.
- Need quick access to vegan options at restaurants, airports and stadiums? VeggL has vegan guides for hundreds of other locations including other Stadiums like Kauffman Field (Royals) and Marlins Park (Marlins)
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!