We’re hoping the bits of information we have compiled can give you some direction when visiting Amalie Arena for an event or Tampa Bay Lightning game.
I say bits because we have not been able to confirm additional options with the arena.
If you are questioning if you can play it safe and bring your own food in, we list their bag and food policies below.
Finally, we have a few recommendations for highly-rated vegan-friendly restaurants located close to the stadium that are definitely worth checking out.
Vegan Options at Amalie Arena
We’ve reached out to Amalie Arena multiple times, but haven’t received any responses from anyone at the arena yet so here is the little bit of information we could put together…
Choose the rainbow ice flavor.
- Snack Shack. There are two locations on the Promenade Level and two on the Trane Terrace Level.
- Portside Grill. This food vendor is ONLY available to guests on the Tampa Bay Club Level only — Section 218.
- Portside Place. This food vendor is ONLY available to guests on the Tampa Bay Club Level only — Section 214.
Italian Pasta & Salad^
^We have NOT confirmed any vegan options here but it may be worth asking if any of the pastas or salads are vegan or can be made vegan.
- Moschella’s — Section 108
The burger at Ford’s Garage says it is vegetarian. The link to more information on the arena’s website does not work. We suggest asking for more details. This “could be” an option.
- Ford’s Garage — Section 109 & 301
We suggest reading the food & beverage information below before deciding how you want to plan for the event you are attending. If you see any options we do not have or can confirm any, please let us know!
Can I Bring Food Into Amalie Arena?
Thinking about bringing food with you to the arena? Before you do, you need to be aware of a few of the policies at Amalie Arena.
Bag Policy (as of 4.26.23)
- Bags larger than 12x12x12″ are prohibited at AMALIE Arena. Large bags (not including small clutches) are required to go through an x-ray scanner prior to entry. Medical and parenting bags exceeding these sizes are permitted but are subject to additional search procedures.
- For hockey games, bags larger than 4x6x1.5″ are required to go through an x-ray scanner prior to entry.
Food and Beverages Brought to AMALIE Arena (as of 4.26.23)
- Guests may not bring food and/or beverages into AMALIE Arena, at any time except for medical purposes. Guests must dispose of the unauthorized items prior to entrance into Amalie Arena.
- Guests with specific/special dietary needs due to medical conditions or religious requirements should contact AMALIE Arena at 813.301.6545.
Vegan Options Near Amalie Arena
Farmacy Vegan Kitchen + Bakery
803 N Tampa St, Tampa, FL 33602
Located less than a mile north of the arena is the Farmacy Vegan Kitchen + Bakery. This is really cool and unique spot that not only serves up everything from Donuts to Philly Cheese Steaks, they also have grab-n-go meals and a selection of groceries.
From the reviews we read, this appears to be more of a quick take out but they do have a few small tables inside and outside if you can grab one.
2307 S Dale Mabry Hwy Suite A, Tampa, FL 33629
About 4 miles from the arena is a 100% vegan restaurant with signature pizzas, beautiful bowls and sides like loaded potato wedges, chicken & roasted veggies. Then to round out the menu, Florish offers a couple of cookies to satisfy your sweet tooth.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like more info on Amalie Arena, for everything from tickets to parking, make sure to check out their Official Website.
- VeggL contains hundreds of vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and sports venues including other Tampa stadiums like Raymond James Stadium (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) and Tropicana Field (Tampa Bay Rays).
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!