There are not a lot of vegan options at Tropicana Field, home of the Tampa Bay Rays, but they do provide a vegan list which is a lot more than many of the ballparks do. The good news is you can find Mings Bings here!
We’ve also researched and noted their policies on bringing food into Tropicana Field, and finally located a couple of good spots for getting something to eat before or after the game.
We hope this guide is helpful. 🙂 If you notice any changes need to be made, please let us know.
Vegan Options at Tropicana Field
- Cracker Jack
- Chips – check ingredients
- Candy – check ingredients
Plant-Based Pockets at Mings Bings
“Deliciousness, folded inside a brown rice wrapper!”
Vegan & Gluten-Free
- Right Field at Beach Drive BBQ
- First Base Food Hall at Grand Slam Grill
Falafel Gyro at Little Greek
- Third Base Food Hall
Choose the Rainbow Ice flavor
- Sections 114, 123, 144 & 147
- Section 347
If the nuts have a coating, verify no dairy or honey is used to coat them. Almonds, Cashews and Pecans available.
- Sections 126 & 127
Edamame at Pacifica Counter
- Located on the Budweiser Porch
Can I Bring Food Into Tropicana Field?
If you’re thinking of bringing your own food into the stadium, here are a few of Tropicana Field’s policies that you need to be aware of. These are all taken from their A to Z Guide.
Bags (as of 3.31.23)
- Backpacks, coolers and bags of any kind exceeding 16″ x 8″ are not permitted through Tropicana Field security.
- Personal bags smaller than this size, medical device bags and diaper bags accompanying a young child are permitted.
- For more information, visit raysbaseball.com/security.
Food Policy (as of 3.31.23)
- Outside food or beverage is not permitted, with the exception of one sealed, personal-sized bottle of water.
- Exceptions can be made for food specifically needed for medical reasons or childcare.
Vegan Options Near Tropicana Field
We did a bit of researching places near Tropicana Field to find a couple of places that are worth checking out if you want to grab a bite to eat before or after the game. This is by no means a comprehensive list, just locations that piqued our interest.
Rays Vegan Soul
953 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
A vegan spot only a couple blocks from the field serving up delicious vegan soul food with ‘Rays’ in the name? What’s not to love?!?
Rays Vegan Soul is just that. Located about two blocks from the stadium, they serve up comfort food favorites like burgers & mac & cheese. Reviews for the place are amazing, especially for the meatloaf and the aforementioned mac & cheese.
Love Food Central
2057 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL 33713
Love Food Central is a bit further away, but still only a half-mile from the stadium.
They serve up vegan and gluten-free food including main courses and desserts. People love the food here and rave about everything from the Reuben to the soft serve.
Definitely another spot worth checking out for some pre-game (or post-game) eats.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- For more info on Tropicana Field, head over to their Official MLB Page
- VeggL contains vegan guides to popular chain restaurants, airports and stadiums/arenas including other ballparks like Truist Park (Braves) and Marlins Park (Marlins).
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!