Willy’s Mexicana Grill, an Atlanta favorite, makes it incredibly easy to eat vegan. You could veganize one of their favorites but we think it’s going to be a lot easier to create your own so that’s how we have it listed below. Lucky for us they do not use lard to cook their beans and rice, they offer tofu and of course you have all of the veggies for toppings.
Make a Burrito, a Bowl, a Salad, Tacos or Nachos… what are you in the mood for?
Let’s see all of Willy’s Mexicana Grill’s Vegan Options.
Vegan Options at Willy’s Mexicana Grill
Choose Your Base
- Burrito (12″ Flour Tortilla / 10″ Kid Tortilla)
- Bowl. Think of all that goes into a burrito and just put it in a bowl. A tortilla can be requested on the side.
- Salad with SW Vinaigrette or use salsa and/or guacamole as your dressing.
- Crispy Corn Taco Shells
- 6″ Soft Corn Tortillas
- 6″ Soft Flour Taco Shells
Rice & Proteins
- Rice. Traditional Mexican rice made with vegetable broth & no lard.
- Quinoa. Flavored with onions, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Black Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Sinaloa Tofu. Grilled tofu is marinated in orange juice, garlic, and spices.
- Grilled Peppers & Onions
- Pico Salsa
- Cabbage Slaw
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Black Olives
- Red Onion
- Chopped Serranos
- Pickled Jalapenos
- Corn Salsa
- Pico Salsa
- Tomatillo Salsa
- Chipotle Salsa
- Habanera Salsa
- Chili D’Arbol Sauce
Chips and Salsa are always free but you could add a side of Guacamole as well.
Kid’s Combos are served with fresh chips, cookie (order WITHOUT or ask if you can substitute with additional guac or corn salsa) and fountain drink. When ordering let them know you will be customizing one of the of the following, otherwise it will automatically come with chicken and cheese.
- Kid’s Burrito Combo
- Kid’s Taco Combo
As with all restaurants that are not 100% vegan, cross-contamination can occur.
Willy’s Mexicana Grill Vegan FAQ
Are Willy’s Mexicana Grill chips vegan?
Yes. Per Willy’s website, Willy’s tortilla chips, taco shells and tortilla strips are cooked in soybean oil. Their vegan statement as says, “you can eat vegan at Willy’s as long as you avoid the meat and items with dairy and eggs.
Is Willy’s Mexicana Grill rice vegan?
Yes. They call it vegetarian but from the information we have been given, the rice is not made with animal lard and is made with vegetable broth.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 190 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Jen’s Pick: I ate at a Willy’s a couple years ago and while I enjoyed it, I can’t remember specifically what I had or if I would reorder. I’ll pick up some Willy’s for Ryan and myself soon and will let you all know what we think.
More Info and Links:
- Want to see Willy’s full menu? Head over to the Willy’s Mexicana Grill Official Menu page.
- Information pulled from Willy’s Nutrition and Allergen page
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have Cheat Sheets for over 140 popular chain restaurants like Chipotle and Moe’s
Disclaimer: We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes menus change and options change. VeggL is not responsible for outdated or incorrect information. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know