P.F. Chang’s has a decent lineup of vegan options. There is a bit of controversy over P.F. Chang’s vegan information online (full details on that at the bottom of this page).
That aside, there are a few entree’s to choose from and the Lettuce Wraps are one of our favorite items at ANY restaurant.
Vegan Options at PF Chang’s
- Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps … comes with minced vegetables, garlic, scallion, mint, sesame oil, iceberg lettuce, crispy rice sticks, and a lime wedge
- Chili Garlic Green Beans … comes with fiery red chili sauce, fresh garlic, and Sichuan preserves
- Buddha’s Feast (Stir-Fried or Steamed) … five-spice tofu, with a savory sauce, green beans, shiitakes, broccoli, and carrots
- Ma Po Tofu … crispy silken tofu with spicy red chili sauce, and steamed broccoli
- Stir-Fried Eggplant … Chinese eggplant with sweet chili soy glaze, green onion, and garlic
- Steamed White Rice
- Steamed Brown Rice
- Baby Buddha’s Feast (Stir-Fried or Steamed. GF option available)
- Steamed Snap Peas
- Steamed Carrots
- Steamed Broccoli
- Fruit Cup
P.F. Chang’s offers a few nice teas (hot and iced) to add to your meal.
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
PF Chang’s Vegan FAQ
Is PF Changs fried rice vegan?
According to PF Chang’s Allergen Matrix, the fried rice contains milk, egg and shellfish. Definitely not vegan. However, the steamed white and brown rice are both vegan.
Is Buddha’s Feast vegan?
Yes! Buddha’s Feast is vegan and is actually my favorite main entrée on the menu.
Can I eat WFPB (Whole Food Plant Based) at PF Changs?
Yes! You have a few options but the easiest is the Buddha’s Feast, Steamed. It contains a mix of tofu, asparagus, shiitakes, broccoli, carrots and a savory sauce. They also offer steamed white or brown rice, steamed carrots, steamed snap peas, steamed broccoli and a fruit cup.
This information has been taken from PF Chang’s Allergen Information. There is a lot of controversial information online regarding whether these items are vegan or not based on how the individual restaurant cooks their food. Advise your server that you are vegan. If they advise you an above item is not vegan, you could click here to show them it should be. Or double check with the cheat sheet to see if we have updated this list.
PF Chang’s has been quoted, “None of our vegetarian items contain animal products” – Twitter, November 7, 2017
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I feel like we can all unite around the idea that the lettuce wraps at P.F. Changs are amazing. Pretty sure I would call them the best appetizer at any dine-in restaurant. Main course I typically go with the Buddha’s Feast stir fried. Simple but delicious.
Jen’s Pick: Even pre-vegan days, the Lettuce Wraps were always my favorite!
More Info and Links
- If you’d like to see everything on PF Chang’s menu, check out PF Chang’s Full Menu located on their website
- Not quite what you’re looking for? VeggL has over 175 Vegan Guides for popular chain restaurants including other locations like Pei Wei Asian Diner and Panda Express
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!