The vegan options at Jack in the Box are getting better (at certain locations). What you definitely have available is a Teriyaki Bowl that needs a little modifying, a side salad, a few fried* options and plenty of sauces.
Jack in the box had tested a Jack’s Unchicken in a few locations in California (Monterey and Salinas) and in Reno, NV.
They also tested and from what we’re hearing have begun expanding the locations of their Impossible Burger. We are waiting to hear back about whether the bun is vegan though.
If you are near these locations we strongly encourage you to show Jack in the Box that vegan options on their menu is great for their bottom line!
Vegan Options at Jack in the Box
- Chicken Teriyaki Bowl. Order with NO chicken. Ask for them to add extra veggies … comes with rice, broccoli, carrots and teriyaki sauce.
- Impossible Burger*. Available in select locations but we have NOT been able to confirm the bun is vegan yet. The most recent ingredients information does not include the Impossible Burger. Please check with your location until we can update you.
- Side Salad. Order with Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette … comes with iceberg lettuce, grape tomatoes, cucumbers and carrot.
- French Fries*
- Potato Wedges*
- Seasoned Curly Fries*
- Hash Brown (Breakfast)*
- Chiquita Apple Bites. Order with NO caramel dip (contains dairy).
- Tree Top Applesauce
Vegan Dipping Sauces & Condiments
- Barbecue Dipping Sauce
- Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- Sweet N’ Sour Dipping Sauce
- Teriyaki Dipping Sauce
- Fire Roasted Salsa
- Hot Taco Sauce Packet
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce Packet
- Grape Jelly
- Strawberry Jam
- Pancake Syrup
*These items may share a fryer with animal products. Ask your location if this is a concern for you.
Be aware, with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan, cross-contamination can occur.
Jack in the Box Vegan FAQ
Are Jack in the Box fries vegan?
The fries themselves are vegan. Like most fast food places, the fries may share a fryer with non-vegan food. So it really just depends on how you feel about cross-contamination.
Personally, I (Ryan) am ok with some potential cross-contamination. I kind of know that’s what I’m signing up for when I grab fast food, but we want you to be aware of it in case that is a deal-breaker for you.
Are Jack in the Box Tacos Vegan?
The taco shells themselves are technically vegan, but they are shipped to the stores with the meat already in the tacos. Then, all the tacos (each variety) are all fried together, shells with the meat.
If you’d like more info, we did a deep dive on Jack on the Box tacos and how and why they’re not vegan.
Does Jack in the Box have vegan burgers?
We’re not completely sure yet. We are aware that Jack in the Box is offering an Impossible Burger at select locations but we are working on finding out if the bun is vegan. We suggest checking with your location when ordering.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to check out their full menu, head over to Jack in the Box’s Official Menu page.
- Information gathered from Jack in Box’s Ingredients and Allergen pages
- Not quite what you’re looking for? VeggL has over 175 Cheat Sheet Guides for popular chain restaurants including spots with vegan burger options like Burger King and Carl’s Jr
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!