The vegan options at Jack in the Box include a lot of, well, dipping sauces. Seriously though there is an option or two that is available to you. A Teriyaki Bowl that needs some modification or a side salad. If you’re ok with your food potentially sharing a fryer with non-vegan food there are some fried options like fries and wedges. Don’t forget you can always ask your location if fryers are shared. Look below for a full list of all the vegan options at Jack in the Box (look at all them sauces!)
This just in – Jack in the Box is testing a vegan chicken sandwich (officially “Jack’s Unchicken”) in select US locations from now until December 12th. It will be available in both regular and spicy versions. From what we’ve read it appears that they will be available at a few locations in California (Monterey and Salinas) and in Reno, NV. If you are near these locations we strongly encourage you to show Jack in the Box that vegan options on their menu is great for their bottom line! If you are lucky enough to be close to a participating location – make sure to order the sandwich with NO mayo.
Vegan Options at Jack in the Box
- Chicken Teriyaki Bowl. Advise NO chicken. Add extra veggies
- Side Salad with Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette
- French Fries^
- Potato Wedges^
- Seasoned Curly Fries^
- Hash Brown (Breakfast)^
- Chiquita Apple Bites. NO Caramel Dip – contains DAIRY
- Tree Top Applesauce
Vegan Dipping Sauces & Condiments
- Barbecue Dipping Sauce
- Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- Sweet N’ Sour Dipping Sauce
- Teriyaki Dipping Sauce
- Fire Roasted Salsa
- Hot Taco Sauce Packet
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce Packet
- Grape Jelly
- Strawberry Jam
- Pancake Syrup
^May share Fryer with Meat. Ask your location before ordering.
Jack in the Box Vegan FAQ
Are Jack in the Box fries vegan?
The fries themselves are vegan. Like most fast food places, the fries may share a fryer with non-vegan food. So it really just depends on how you feel about cross-contamination. Personally, I (Ryan) am ok with some potential cross-contamination. I kind of know that’s what I’m signing up for when I grab fast food, but we want you to be aware of it in case that is a deal-breaker for you.
Are Jack in the Box tacos vegan?
The taco shells themselves are vegan. You can technically just fill with veggies if want and omit the meat and cheese.
Does Jack in the Box have vegan burgers?
No. Unfortunately Jack in the Box does not currently offer a vegan burger.
VeggL Cheat Sheet Guides
- If you’d like to check out their full menu, head over to Jack in the Box’s Official Menu page.
- Information gathered from Jack in Box’s Ingredients and Allergen pages
- Not quite what you’re looking for? VeggL has over 115 Cheat Sheet Guides for popular chain restaurants including spots with vegan burger options like Burger King and Carl’s Jr
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know