The vegan options at Burger King are the talk of the town! With the NEW Impossible Burger, they are moving in the right direction. For Vegans, it’s not as simple as just going & ordering it. We give you the low down below. if you’re ok with your food sharing fryers and asking for a different cooking surface. On a positive note, you can now get a full Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Dessert at BK–if you’re ok with your food sharing fryers and asking for a different cooking surface. <-That’s putting a lot of trust in to the employees! Word of warning though, too many french toast sticks will have you ready to go right back to bed. Here is the full list of vegan options at Burger King:
Vegan Options at Burger King
VeggL Quick Order
- NEW Impossible Burger. Advise NO mayo AND ask for burger to be cooked on different surface than meat burgers. ->They will and have been trained to cook it in the microwave from our understanding.
- French Toast Sticks* (Breakfast)
- Hash Browns* (Breakfast)
- French Fries*
- Whopper Jr Advise NO meat, or mayo
- Garden Side Salad w/Ken’s Golden Italian Dressing. Advise NO cheese or croutons.
- Dutch Apple Pie
*May share a fryer with non-vegan foods
Burger King Vegan FAQ
Are Burger King Onion Rings vegan?
No. Unfortunately, the Onion Rings at Burger King contain whey which makes them not vegan. It’s a shame too, because I loved BK’s onion rings before I went vegan.
What is the Burger King vegan burger made of?
The vegan burger at Burger King is the Impossible Burger. The Impossible Burger is a soy based product that includes coconut oil and sunflower oil. For a full list of ingredients of the Impossible Burger check out their website here
Is Burger King Impossible Burger vegan?
By default, the Impossible Whopper comes with mayonnaise so be sure to order the burger without mayo. Also, the burger is more than likely cooked on the same equipment with meat. So, yes, the Impossible Burger is vegan, but it does come with it’s stipulations.
VeggL Cheat Sheet Guides
Ryan’s Pick: I’m not going to lie, I’ve been crushing Impossible Whoppers. They’re amazing. I will also say that Burger King fries are some of my absolute favorites of any fast food spot. They’re always super crispy with a good amount of salt on them. Having said that, if we’re stopping at Burger King it’s usually a road trip breakfast drive-thru situation to grab French Toast Sticks and Hash Browns. Without failure I always seem to really enjoy the French Toast Sticks while eating them and then always regret eating them cause I feel awful afterward. The sense of lethargy and queasiness after consuming deep fried grease and sugar is just such a terrible combo, but then I never seem to learn my lesson either or they’re just that good it’s worth it. I can never seem to decide which.
Jen’s Pick: I generally choose not to eat at BK even though this was one of my favorite’s from pre-vegan days but in a pinch or a late night out(wink), I LoVE their French Toast Sticks, Hash Browns, Fries & Dutch Apple Pie. I will update this once I try the Impossible Burger as I plan to do that at some point…
- You can check out Burger King’s full menu here and their nutrition and allergen menu here
- Want more vegan options? VeggL’s Cheat Sheets Main Menu has cheat sheets for over 60 popular chain restaurants
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know