The vegan options at Burger King are the talk of the town! With the NEW Impossible Burger, they are moving in the right direction. For Vegans, it’s not as simple as just going & ordering it. We give you the low down below. if you’re ok with your food sharing fryers and asking for a different cooking surface.
On a positive note, you can now get a full Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Dessert at BK–if you’re ok with your food sharing fryers and asking for a different cooking surface. <-That’s putting a lot of trust in to the employees! Word of warning though, too many french toast sticks will have you ready to go right back to bed.
VeggL Quick Order
In the drive thru at Burger King and need to know what to order, like NOW?!! Here are the best vegan options at Burger King that we recommend:
- Order the Impossible Whopper with NO mayo (Many times they will ask you if you want to add cheese so I typically order with NO cheese on the front end also). You can also add fries^ to make it a combo.
- If you’re at Burger King for breakfast you can order the French Toast Sticks^ and a Hash Brown.
- In one of the most accidental vegan-friendly options in all of fast food, the Dutch Apple Pie at Burger King is vegan.
Vegan Options at Burger King
- NEW Impossible Burger. Advise NO mayo AND ask for burger to be cooked on different surface than meat burgers. ->They will and have been trained to cook it in the microwave from our understanding.
- French Fries^
- Whopper Jr Advise NO meat, or mayo
- Garden Side Salad w/Ken’s Golden Italian Dressing. Advise NO cheese or croutons.
- Dutch Apple Pie
Vegan Breakfast Items
- French Toast Sticks^
- Hash Browns
Curious about if the new Impossible Croissan’wich is vegan? (Spoiler Alert: it’s not)
^May share a fryer with non-vegan foods
Burger King Vegan FAQ
Are Burger King Onion Rings vegan?
No. Unfortunately, the Onion Rings at Burger King contain whey which makes them not vegan. It’s a shame too, because I loved BK’s onion rings before I went vegan.
Are Burger King fries vegan?
The fries themselves at Burger King are vegan. Like most fast food places, the fries may share a fryer with non-vegan food. So it really just depends on how you feel about cross-contamination. Personally, I (Ryan) am ok with some potential cross-contamination. I kind of know that’s what I’m signing up for when I grab fast food, but we want you to be aware of it in case that is a deal-breaker for you.
What is the Burger King vegan burger made of?
The vegan burger at Burger King is the Impossible Burger. The Impossible Burger is a soy based product that includes coconut oil and sunflower oil. For a full list of ingredients of the Impossible Burger check out their website here
Is Burger King Impossible Burger vegan?
By default, the Impossible Whopper comes with mayonnaise so be sure to order the burger without mayo. Also, the burger is more than likely cooked on the same equipment with meat. So, yes, the Impossible Burger is vegan, but it does come with it’s stipulations.
VeggL Cheat Sheet Guides
Ryan’s Pick: I’m not going to lie, I’ve been crushing Impossible Whoppers. They’re amazing. I will also say that Burger King fries are some of my absolute favorites of any fast food spot. They’re always super crispy with a good amount of salt on them. Having said that, if we’re stopping at Burger King it’s usually a road trip breakfast drive-thru situation to grab French Toast Sticks and Hash Browns. Without failure I always seem to really enjoy the French Toast Sticks while eating them and then always regret eating them cause I feel awful afterward. The sense of lethargy and queasiness after consuming deep fried grease and sugar is just such a terrible combo, but then I never seem to learn my lesson either or they’re just that good it’s worth it. I can never seem to decide which.
Jen’s Pick: In a pinch or a late night out(wink), I am a fan of Burger King–more so in my pre-vegan days but they still have some good vegan (shared fryer) options. I like their French Toast Sticks, Hash Browns, Impossible Whopper (no mayo–cooked separate), Fries & Dutch Apple Pie.
- You can check out Burger King’s full menu here and their nutrition and allergen menu here
- Want more vegan options? VeggL’s Cheat Sheets Main Menu has cheat sheets for over 115 popular chain restaurants including other popular fast food locations like McDonald’s and Wendy’s
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know