The vegan options at Burger King are the talk of the town! With the Impossible Burger, they are moving in the right direction. You will need to make a couple small modifications and we’ll give you the details below.
You also can now get a full Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner at BK with their French Toast Sticks and Hash Browns. Word of warning though, too many French Toast Sticks will have you ready to go right back to bed!
Update: Burger King will begin testing Impossible Nuggets at locations in De Moines, IA, Boston, MA and Miami, FL on October 11th. First off, if you’re in one of those test markets, hoorah! We’d love to hear feedback on how they are if you get a chance to try them (bonus points for pics!)
Vegan Options at Burger King
VeggL Quick Order
In the drive thru at Burger King and need to know what to order, like NOW?!! Here are the best vegan options at Burger King that we recommend:
- Order the Impossible Whopper with NO mayo (many times they will ask you if you want to add cheese so I typically order with NO cheese on the front end also). You can also add fries* to make it a combo.
- If you’re at Burger King for breakfast you can order the French Toast Sticks* and Hash Browns.
- Impossible Whopper. Order with NO mayo. To ensure your burger is not grilled close to animal burgers, ask for your burger to be cooked on different surface. ->They have been trained to cook it in the microwave.
- Whopper Jr. Order with NO meat or mayo. This does not include the Impossible burger. It’s just a bun & veggies
- French Fries*
- Garden Side Salad w/Ken’s Golden Italian Dressing. Advise NO cheese or croutons.
Vegan Breakfast Items
- French Toast Sticks*
- Hash Browns
Curious about if the new Impossible Croissan’wich is vegan? (Spoiler Alert: it’s not)
*As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Burger King Vegan FAQ
Are Burger King Onion Rings vegan?
No. Unfortunately, the Onion Rings at Burger King contain whey which makes them not vegan. It’s a shame too, because I loved BK’s onion rings before I went vegan.
Is Burger King’s Dutch Apple Pie Vegan?
As of July 2020, Burger King discontinued their Dutch Apple Pie but yes, it was “accidentally” vegan.
Are Burger King fries vegan?
The fries themselves at Burger King are vegan. Like most fast food places, the fries may share a fryer with non-vegan food. So it really just depends on how you feel about cross-contamination.
What is the Burger King vegan burger made of?
The vegan burger at Burger King is the Impossible Burger. The Impossible Burger is a soy based product that includes coconut oil and sunflower oil. For a full list of ingredients of the Impossible Burger check out their website here
Is Burger King Impossible Burger vegan?
By default, the Impossible Whopper comes with mayonnaise so be sure to order the burger without mayo. Also, the burger is more than likely cooked on the same equipment with meat. So, yes, the Impossible Burger is vegan, but it does come with it’s stipulations.
Can I eat WFPB (Whole Food Plant Based) at Burger King?
Technically, you could order the side salad with NO cheese or croutons but you will not have a dressing to go on it. The applesauce Burger King carries is Mott’s which contains high fructose corn syrup so that is not an option.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 200 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I’m not going to lie, I’ve been crushing Impossible Whoppers. They’re amazing. I will also say that Burger King fries are some of my absolute favorites of any fast food spot. They’re always super crispy with a good amount of salt on them.
Having said that, if we’re stopping at Burger King it’s usually a road trip breakfast drive-thru situation to grab French Toast Sticks and Hash Browns. Without failure I always seem to really enjoy the French Toast Sticks while eating them and then always regret eating them cause I feel awful afterward.
The sense of lethargy and queasiness after consuming deep fried grease and sugar is just such a terrible combo, but then I never seem to learn my lesson either or they’re just that good it’s worth it. I can never seem to decide which.
Jen’s Pick: In a pinch or a late night out(wink), I am a fan of Burger King. I like their French Toast Sticks, Hash Browns, Impossible Whopper and Fries. I do tend to add my own vegan mayo to the Impossible Whopper though.
- You can check out Burger King’s full menu here and their nutrition and allergen menu here
- Want more vegan options? VeggL’s Vegan Guides Main Menu has cheat sheets for over 135 popular chain restaurants including other popular fast food locations like McDonald’s and Wendy’s
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!