The vegan options at Carl’s Jr now includes the Beyond Burger! Starting in October of 2019 Carl’s Jr rolled out the Beyond Burger and Beyond Sausage in their 1500 locations nationwide. So, if you have a Carl’s Jr nearby, you can be having a Burger and Fries** tonight. Here is the full list of vegan options at Carl’s Jr:
Vegan Options at Carl’s Jr
Vegan Lunch/Dinner Options
- Beyond Famous Star** – Order with NO cheese and NO mayo
- Beyond BBQ Cheeseburger** – Order with NO cheese and NO onion rings (contain egg)
- Garden Salad. Advise NO cheese or croutons
- Beyond Famous Star. Advise NO mayo or cheese.
- Crunchy or Soft Taco. Advise NO beef or cheese. Substitute with guacamole. Ask to fill with more lettuce.
- Veg It. Guacamole Thickburger. Advise NO bacon, cheese or Santa Fe Sauce. Substitute Beyond Burger**. Add Vegan Sauce from below and ask for the Sesame Bun. (the sesame bun is the only bun we can confirm, via the Carl’s Jr Allergens page, does not contain dairy or eggs)
Vegan Breakfast Options
- Beyond Sausage Burrito – Order with NO egg and NO cheese
- Hash Brown Nuggets* (Breakfast)
- French Fries*
- CrissCut Fries*
- Chips & Guacamole
- Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Sweet & Bold BBQ Dipping Sauce
- Spicy Buffalo Dipping Sauce
*Fryers may be shared with non-vegan items. Burgers prepared in kitchen with non-vegan products
The Beans are NOT Vegan. The Allergens Page is not consistent with the ingredients listed on the menu from the website.
**FYI – from Carl’s Jr website
The Beyond Meat® patties are 100% plant-based, but as they are prepared in shared kitchen, on shared cooking surfaces with meat products, they are not 100% vegan or Certified Vegan.
The Beyond Famous Star® with Cheese is served with mayonnaise and American cheese which are not vegan. For a plant-based friendly build, guests can request no mayo or cheese.
The Beyond BBQ Cheeseburger has American cheese and onion rings (contain egg product) which are not vegan. For a plant-based friendly build, guests can request no American cheese or onion rings.
The Beyond Sausage® Egg and Cheese Biscuit is served with egg and cheese on a buttermilk biscuit which are not vegan. For plant-based friendly build, guests can request no egg and cheese on a flour tortilla. The tortilla is considered vegan-friendly as there could be cross-contamination with eggs and butter when be prepared.
The Beyond Sausage® Burrito is served with egg and shredded cheese which are not vegan. For plant-based friendly builds guests can request no egg or cheese. The tortilla is considered vegan-friendly as there could be cross-contamination with eggs and butter when be prepared.
Carl’s Jr Vegan FAQ
Is the Carl’s Jr Beyond Burger vegan?
Yes and No. While the Beyond Burger itself is vegan, the burgers are cooked on a shared cooking space according to the Carl’s Jr website so are therefore not 100% vegan. So it’s really up to each individual to decide what they are or are not comfortable with.
Is Carl’s Jr special sauce vegan?
Yes! According to the Carl’s Jr Ingredients list the special sauce is vegan!
Are Carl’s Jr hamburger buns vegan?
Yes! The Sesame Seed bun at Carl’s Jr is, in fact, vegan.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 125 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I’ve grabbed a Beyond Famous Star with fries a few times and it’s solid burger. Would be nice if everything wasn’t cooked together, but it’s a start.
Jen’s Pick: I have yet to be around a Carl’s Jr. to try it. Will update once I do.
- Want to see Carl’s Jr full menu? Head over to their Official Menu page
- All information was pulled from Carl’s Jr Menu and Nutrition Info, Allergen Page and their Ingredients Page
- Looking for a Beyond Burger, but don’t have a Carl’s Jr nearby? We also have cheat sheets for Burger King and Friday’s as well as over 130 other popular chain restaurants on our Cheat Sheets
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know