The vegan options at Carl’s Jr now includes the Beyond Burger! Starting in October of 2019 Carl’s Jr rolled out the Beyond Burger and Beyond Sausage in their 1500 locations nationwide.
So, if you have a Carl’s Jr nearby, you can be having a Burger and Fries* tonight. Here is the full list of vegan options at Carl’s Jr:
Vegan Options at Carl’s Jr
- Beyond Famous Star*. Order with NO cheese and NO mayo … comes with a Beyond burger, lettuce, tomato, sliced onions, dill pickle on a seeded bun.
You can also customize your Beyond Burger.
Carls Jr. has the following vegan toppings:
- White Onion
- Red Onion
- BBQ Sauce
- Extra Beyond burger patty
- Lettuce Wrap (in place of a bun)
- Hash Rounds*
- French Fries*
- CrissCut Fries*
- Hash Rounds*
- Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Sweet & Bold BBQ Dipping Sauce
- Spicy Buffalo Dipping Sauce
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues. All fried items at Carl’s Jr share a fryer with animal products and the burger shares the grill.
Note: VeggL is a US-based website. All info contained on our site (and app) is regarding US based locations.
Carl’s Jr Vegan FAQ
Is the Carl’s Jr Beyond Burger vegan?
Yes and No. While the Beyond Burger itself is vegan, the burgers are cooked on a shared cooking space according to the Carl’s Jr website so are therefore not 100% vegan. So it’s really up to each individual to decide what they are or are not comfortable with.
Are Carl’s Jr Fries Vegan?
Yes, the fries at Carl’s Jr are vegan.
Having said that, all fried items at Carl’s Jr (including fries and hash rounds) are fried in the same fryer as animal products. If that is a concern for you we advise against ordering the fries.
Is Carl’s Jr special sauce vegan?
Yes! According to the Carl’s Jr Ingredients list the special sauce is vegan!
Are Carl’s Jr hamburger buns vegan?
Yes! The Sesame Seed bun at Carl’s Jr is, in fact, vegan.
Are Carl’s Jr Beans Vegan?
No, the Beans are not vegan. The Allergens Page is not consistent with the ingredients listed on the menu from the website.
Can the Beyond Sausage Burrito be made vegan?
As of January 2022, we are no longer seeing the Beyond Sausage Burrito on the menu; however, you could have made it vegan* by ordering without the eggs or cheese. They do mention cross-contamination can occur.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I’ve grabbed a Beyond Famous Star with fries a few times and it’s solid burger. Would be nice if everything wasn’t cooked together, but it’s a start.
Jen’s Pick: I have yet to be around a Carl’s Jr. to try it. Will update once I do.
More Links and Info:
- Want to see Carl’s Jr full menu? Head over to their Official Menu page
- Some of the information for this guide was pulled directly from Carl’s Jr Nutritional Info
- Looking for a Beyond Burger, but don’t have a Carl’s Jr nearby? We also have cheat sheets for Burger King and Friday’s as well as over 175 other popular chain restaurants on our Vegan Guides
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!