If you came here hoping to find a pancake vegan option at IHOP then we are about to disappoint you. While there are no vegan pancakes on the menu, there are a few things you can pick up if you find yourself at an IHOP for breakfast.
Mostly sides like hash browns, grits and french fries. Here is everything vegan at IHOP:
Vegan Options at IHOP
Vegan Options NOT On IHOP’s Menu
…but we took ingredients that are vegan friendly and combined them to make a meal.
- Hash Browns with Spinach & Mushrooms. Order with NO butter while cooking. Ask for salsa and/or avocado. (breakfast)
- Plain Baked Potato with a side of sauteed Broccoli. Order with NO butter while cooking or on top of the potato. Ask for salsa and/or avocado. (lunch/dinner)
- House Salad with a Flour Tortilla on the side. Choose a vegan dressing (listed below), salsa and/or avocado then make a wrap. (lunch/dinner)
- English Muffin with Jam or ask for avocado & make it an avocado English Muffin.
- Grits. Advise NO butter. Top with seasonal fruit or old fashioned maple syrup.
Lunch / Dinner
- House Salad with Vegan Dressing from list below. Add avocado (optional)
- House Salad w/dressing of choice from below or ask for salsa.
- House Salad w/dressing of choice from below and French Fries
- Seasonal Fresh Fruit
- French Fries
Vegan Dressings / Confirm with your server what they have available
- Creamy Italian
- Fat Free Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Catalina Dressing
Per IHOP’s Allergen link, the Red Potato & Onion Hash contains dairy. The Toast, even though the allergen page says Buttered Toast, contains egg and the oatmeal contains dairy.
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
IHOP Vegan FAQ
Are IHOP pancakes vegan?
The pancakes at IHOP are not vegan. They contain both milk and eggs. Furthermore, the french toast and the crepes at IHOP also contain milk and eggs.
Does IHOP have vegan burgers?
No. IHOP does not have a vegan burger. Denny’s does though.
Are IHOP grits vegan?
Yes! Make sure to ask your server to not add butter to your grits. If you want to ‘fancy up’ your grits, add some seasonal fruit or maple syrup.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I’ve not had IHOP since going vegan. I’ll update here when I do.
Jen’s Pick: The only time I’ve been to IHOP since being vegan, I did not have this list and brought my own food. Next time. I like that they have ‘some’ options.
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to check out IHOPs full menu, head over to IHOP’s Official Menu page
- Information came IHOP’s Nutrition and Allergen Info page
- Not quite what you’re looking for? We have Vegan Cheat Sheet Guides for over 175 popular chain restaurants, including other breakfast spots like Einstein Bros Bagels and Panera Bread
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!