If you came here hoping to find a pancake vegan option at IHOP then we are about to disappoint you. While there are no vegan pancakes on the menu, they do carry plant-based sausage. And as of September 2023, their plant-based sausage has been replaced with Impossible Sausage!
They also have avocado toast and you can create your own hashbrowns or crispy breakfast potatoes with sauteed veggies plate.
Here is everything vegan at IHOP:
Vegan Options at IHOP
- Impossible Sausage Power Combo. Order with NO egg whites. Choose multigrain toast with NO butter. Ask if you can SUB the egg whites with something else…maybe avocado or hashbrowns … comes with 2 Impossible Sausage patties, seasonal fresh fruit and multigrain toast.
- Avocado Toast. (This item is no longer on the menu but it appears they still have the ingredients for it. Ask if it can be ordered.) Order with NO butter on the toast … comes with grilled multigrain bread topped with freshly sliced avocado & roasted cherry tomatoes with your choice of side. The pic shows it with fresh fruit.
Build Your Own Hashbrowns or Crispy Breakfast Potatoes
Technically, there is not a menu item for this but there should be!
Order either the Hashbrowns or Crispy Breakfast Potatoes and add any of the following toppings:
- Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Sauteed Green Peppers & Onions
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Sauteed Spinach
A butter alternative that does NOT contain dairy is used for sauteing. It does contain soy.
- Impossible Sausage*
- Crispy Breakfast Potatoes.
- Hash Browns
- Multi-Grain Toast. Order with NO butter.
- Grits. Order with NO butter.
- French Fries.
- Steamed Fresh Broccoli. Order with NO butter.
- Yellow & Green Beans. Order with NO butter.
- Side Salad. Order with NO dressing.
- Rice Medley
- Fresh Fruit
There are currently NO vegan dressings available at IHOP. Ask for either salsa or a lemon wedge.
Ask if extra avocado can be SUBBED for the chicken.
- Fresh Berry Salad. Order with NO chicken or dressing … comes with a fresh strawberries, red onions and fresh avocado on a bed of lettuce.
- House Salad. Order with NO dressing … comes with an iceberg lettuce mix, carrots, red cabbage, tomato and red onion. You could ask for a tortilla, salsa, and avocado to make a wrap.
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
IHOP Vegan FAQ
Are IHOP pancakes vegan?
The pancakes at IHOP are not vegan. They contain both milk and eggs. Furthermore, the french toast and the crepes at IHOP also contain milk and eggs.
Does IHOP Have Vegan Waffles?
No. Their Belgian Waffles and Gluten Free Waffles contain egg and dairy.
Does IHOP have vegan burgers?
No. IHOP does not have a vegan burger. Denny’s does though.
Are IHOP’s Dressings Vegan?
No. Out of the 3 they currently offer, one would think the Balsamic Vinaigrette would be an option but it is not. It contains egg.
Are IHOP grits vegan?
Yes! Make sure to ask your server to not add butter to your grits. If you want to ‘fancy up’ your grits, add some seasonal fruit or maple syrup.
Is The Plant-Based Sausage at IHOP Vegan?
Yes! Cross-contamination may be a concern but the ingredients ARE vegan! Edit: As of September 28, 2023 the plant based sausage has been replaced with Impossible Sausage.
Can I Eat Vegan at IHOP?
Yes! As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan, cross-contamination may be an issue for you but they do offer vegan options.
Currently, you can order their Imossible Sausage, Avocado Toast (with modifications) and Create Your Own Hashbrowns or Crispy Breakfast Potatoes with veggies.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan & Jen’s Pick: Stay tuned! We’re going soon. 🙂
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to check out IHOPs full menu, head over to IHOP’s Official Menu page
- Information came IHOP’s Nutrition and Allergen Info page
- Not quite what you’re looking for? We have Vegan Cheat Sheet Guides for over 215 popular chain restaurants, including other breakfast spots like Einstein Bros Bagels and Panera Bread
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!