If you came here hoping to find a pancake vegan option at IHOP then we are about to disappoint you. While there are no vegan pancakes on the menu, there are a few things you can pick up if you find yourself at an IHOP for breakfast. Mostly sides like hash browns, grits and french fries. Here is everything vegan at IHOP:
Vegan Options at IHOP
- Hash Browns with spinach & mushrooms. Ask for salsa and/or avocado. Advise NO butter while cooking. *Not a menu item*
- English Muffin with Jam or ask for avocado & make it an avocado English Muffin.
- Grits. Advise NO butter. Top with seasonal fruit or old fashioned maple syrup.
- Plain Baked Potato with a side of sauteed broccoli, salsa & avocado. Advise NO butter while cooking. *Not a menu item*
- House Salad with Vegan Dressing from list below. Add avocado (optional)
- House Salad w/dressing of choice from below or ask for salsa.
- Flour tortilla and avocado. Make a burrito with the filling. *Not a menu item*
- House Salad w/dressing of choice from below and French Fries
- Seasonal Fresh Fruit
- French Fries
Vegan Dressings / Confirm with your server what they have available
- Creamy Italian
- Fat Free Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Catalina Dressing
*Per IHOP’s Allergen link, the Red Potato & Onion Hash contains Dairy. The Toast, even though the allergen page says Buttered Toast, contains Eggs. Oatmeal contains Dairy.
IHOP Vegan FAQ
Are IHOP pancakes vegan?
The pancakes at IHOP are not vegan. They contain both milk and eggs. Furthermore, the french toast and the crepes at IHOP also contain milk and eggs.
Does IHOP have vegan burgers?
No. IHOP does not have a vegan burger. Denny’s does though.
Are IHOP grits vegan?
Yes! Make sure to ask your server to not add butter to your grits. If you want to ‘fancy up’ your grits, add some seasonal fruit or maple syrup.
VeggL Cheat Sheet Guides
Ryan’s Pick: I’ve not had IHOP since going vegan. I’ll update here when I do.
Jen’s Pick: The only time I’ve been to IHOP since being vegan, I did not have this list and brought my own food. Next time. I like that they have ‘some’ options.
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to check out IHOPs full menu, head over to IHOP’s Official Menu page
- Information came IHOP’s Nutrition and Allergen Info page
- Not quite what you’re looking for? We have Vegan Cheat Sheet Guides for over 110 popular chain restaurants, including other breakfast spots like Einstein Bros Bagels and Panera Bread
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know