If you came here hoping to find a pancake vegan option at IHOP then we are about to disappoint you. While there are no vegan pancakes on the menu, they do now carry plant based sausage!
They also have a new avocado toast and you can create your own hashbrowns or crispy breakfast potatoes with sauteed veggies plate.
Here is everything vegan at IHOP:
Vegan Options at IHOP
- Plant Based Sausage Power Combo. Order with NO egg whites. Choose multigrain toast with NO butter. Ask if you can SUB the egg whites with something else…maybe avocado … comes with 2 plant-based sausage patties, seasonal fresh fruit and multigrain toast.
- Avocado Toast. Order with NO butter on the toast … comes with grilled multigrain bread topped with freshly sliced avocado & roasted cherry tomatoes with your choice of side. The pic shows it with fresh fruit.
Build Your Own Hashbrowns or Crispy Breakfast Potatoes
Technically, there is not a menu item for this but there should be!
Order either the Hashbrowns or Crispy Breakfast Potatoes with NO seasoning salt and add any of the following toppings:
- Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Sauteed Green Peppers & Onions
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Sauteed Spinach
A butter alternative that does NOT contain dairy is used for sauteing. It does contain soy.
- Plant-Based Sausage Patties*
- Crispy Breakfast Potatoes. Order with NO seasoning salt.
- Hash Browns
- Multi-Grain Toast. Order with NO butter.
- Grits. Order with NO butter.
- French Fries. Order with NO seasoning salt.
- Rice Medley
- Fresh Fruit
- Chicken & Veggie Salad. Order with NO chicken or balsamic vinaigrette … comes with a crisp lettuce blend, fresh sliced tomato, red onions, avocado and mushrooms. You can ask for salsa to be used as a dressing.
- House Salad. Order with NO dressing … comes with an iceberg lettuce mix, carrots, red cabbage, tomato and red onion. You could ask for a tortilla, salsa, and avocado to make a wrap.
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
IHOP Vegan FAQ
Are IHOP pancakes vegan?
The pancakes at IHOP are not vegan. They contain both milk and eggs. Furthermore, the french toast and the crepes at IHOP also contain milk and eggs.
Does IHOP Have Vegan Waffles?
No. Their Belgian Waffles and Gluten Free Waffles contain egg and dairy.
Does IHOP have vegan burgers?
No. IHOP does not have a vegan burger. Denny’s does though.
Are IHOP’s Dressings Vegan?
No. Out of the 3 they currently offer, one would think the Balsamic Vinaigrette would be an option but it is not. It contains egg.
Are IHOP grits vegan?
Yes! Make sure to ask your server to not add butter to your grits. If you want to ‘fancy up’ your grits, add some seasonal fruit or maple syrup.
Is The Plant Based Sausage at IHOP Vegan?
Yes! Cross-contamination may be a concern but the ingredients ARE vegan!
Can I Eat Vegan at IHOP?
Yes! As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan, cross-contamination may be an issue for you but they do offer vegan options.
Currently, you can order their Plant-Based Sausages, Avocado Toast (with modifications) and Create Your Own Hashbrowns or Crispy Breakfast Potatoes with veggies.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I’ve not had IHOP since going vegan. I’ll update here when I do.
Jen’s Pick: The only time I’ve been to IHOP since being vegan, I did not have this list and brought my own food. Next time. I like that they have ‘some’ options.
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to check out IHOPs full menu, head over to IHOP’s Official Menu page
- Information came IHOP’s Nutrition and Allergen Info page
- Not quite what you’re looking for? We have Vegan Cheat Sheet Guides for over 175 popular chain restaurants, including other breakfast spots like Einstein Bros Bagels and Panera Bread
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!