The vegan options at Great Harvest Bread Company aren’t as good as you would think for a bakery and cafe. This is mostly due to the fact that Great Harvest uses an egg wash on their breads.
They do have a Vegan Whole Wheat Bread though, a couple of other goodies, and a sandwich. So, you may not have a huge selection of options, but there are a few different items you can choose from.
Great Harvest Bread Company Vegan Options
*Nutrition information will vary from bakery to bakery, we suggest confirming with your local bakery for the most accurate nutrition, ingredient, and allergen information.
- Vegan Whole Wheat Bread
-> According to Great Harvest, they “often include an egg wash on our breads” which may be why many of their breads are not vegan-friendly. Also, per Great Harvest you should “Ask your local bakery or bakery cafe if they use an egg wash or any other animal products in their baked goods to ensure you are getting a vegetarian/vegan item.”
- Chocolate Brownie Muffin
- Chocolate Brownie Teacake
- Veggie Three Seed Hummus on Vegan Whole Wheat Bread
The Sesame Portobello Grain Bowl on the cafe menu contains honey.
As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Great Harvest Bread Company Vegan FAQ
Is Great Harvest Bread Vegan?
Great Harvest does have a specific Vegan Whole Wheat Bread. Having said that, Great Harvest Bread Co uses an egg wash on most (if not all) of their other breads so the only bread safe to order is the Vegan Whole Wheat.
Is the Foccacia Bread at Great Harvest Bread Company vegan?
No. The Focaccia Bread, Focaccia Blend Bread and even the Nine Grain Bread contain honey. But also, Great Harvest uses egg wash on most of their breads. The only bread that is designated vegan is the Vegan Whole Wheat Bread.
Is the Harvest Bar at Great Harvest Bread Company vegan?
No. The Harvest Bar contains honey.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to see the entire menu at Great Harvest Bread Company, make sure to head over to their Official Menu Page
- Information for this guide was pulled from Great Harvest’s Nutrition Facts
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has Vegan Guides for hundreds of locations including other popular chains like Panera Bread and Subway
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!