The vegan options at Subway include multiple breads, wraps or a salad that you can fill with veggies, a sauce and if you’re lucky a Veggie Patty.
If you need a quick sandwich option for lunch you can do much worse than Subway. Many of the chips available are vegan (check the ingredients) and you can add avocado for an extra cost.
Here is everything vegan at Subway:
Vegan Options at Subway
Pick Your Base
- 6″ or Footlong Sandwich
- Veggie Delight … pile high with veggies and a sauce.
- Veggie Patty … per Subway’s allergen guide, the Veggie Patty is vegan (we share its ingredients in the FAQ below); however, this option is not available at all locations. Pile your Veggie Patty high with veggies.
- Artisan Italian (White)
- Artisan Flatbread
- Hearty Multigrain
- Spinach Wrap
- Tomato Basil Wrap
- Veggie Patty (not available at all locations)
- Banana Peppers
- Black Olives
- Green Peppers
- Jalapeno Pepper Slices
- Buffalo Sauce
- Mustard, Yellow
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Sweet Onion Sauce
- Sweet Onion Teriyaki Sauce
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Sliced Avocado
- Smashed Avocado
- Chips – Check Ingredients!
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Note: VeggL is a US-based website. All info contained on our site (and app) is regarding US based locations.
Subway Vegan FAQ
Are any Subway Breads Vegan?
Yes. The Artisan Italian (White), Artisan Flatbread, Hearty Multigrain and Sourdough are the current vegan options.
Is the Veggie Patty at Subway Vegan?
Yes! As of November 2021, Subway’s allergen guide states that the Veggie Patty contains the following ingredients:
carrots, onion, green beans, oat bran, expeller pressed canola oil, zucchini, soybeans, peas, broccoli, corn, soy flour, spinach, red bell pepper, arrowroot powder, garlic, corn starch, cornmeal, salt, methyl cellulose, parsley and black pepper.
Please check with your location for availability.
Are any Subway cookies vegan?
No. Unfortunately, none of the cookies served at Subway are vegan.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Jen’s Pick: My subs always have loads of veggies (lettuce, tomato, banana pepper, bell pepper, onion and cucumber with either sweet onion sauce or sweet onion teriyaki sauce. I have tried the veggie patty. In my opinion, it has zero flavor but does provide substance and texture to what would be a bunch of veggies on bread.
- If you’d like to check out Subway’s full menu, head over to their Official Menu Page
- Information pulled from Subway’s Allergen Sheet and Ingredients List
- Not quite what you’re looking for? VeggL has over 215 Vegan Guides including other sandwich locations like Jimmy John’s and Jason’s Deli
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up-to-date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!