There are not a lot of vegan options at Culver’s but there are a couple of salad options, steamed broccoli and applesauce.
Culver’s is a chain that originated in Wisconsin and is now in 25 states across the country. They specialize in burgers, fries and frozen custard.
Considering they’re not very vegan-friendly if you have the option, we’d recommend trying another spot close by. If you do find yourself stuck at Culver’s… did we mention salad, steamed broccoli and applesauce?
Vegan Options at Culver’s
*Fried food shares a fryer with animal menu items.
- Apple Slices
- Crinkle Cut Fries*
- Steamed Broccoli
- Sweet Potato Fries*
- Pretzel Bites (accidentally vegan). Order with NO cheese sauce.
- Garden Fresco Salad. Order with NO chicken, cheese or croutons. Choose your dressing from the list below … comes with mixed greens, cucumber and tomato. –>Removing chicken and cheese from your order should drop the cost of this salad by about $3.00–it did for us when we placed an order online.
- Side Salad. Order with NO cheese or croutons. Choose your dressing from the list below … comes with mixed greens, cucumber and tomato.
- Apple Slices
- Grape Tomatoes
- Mixed Greens with Spring Mix
- Red Diced Onions
- Romaine Lettuce
- Sliced Strawberries
Vegan Salad Dressings
- Culver’s Vinaigrette
- Ken’s Raspberry Vinaigrette
The next 3 may or may not be available at your location.
- French Dressing
- Reduced Calorie French Dressing
- Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Lemon Ice. It is optional to add a fruit topping. Ask which are available. (limited time)
* Items containing egg, milk, wheat/gluten, soy, fish and shrimp are cooked in common fryer oil. As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Culver’s Vegan FAQ
Is Culver’s Veggie Burger Vegan?
No. Culver’s veggie burger contains pasteurized milk (it’s actually the first ingredient), cheese culture and eggs. In addition, the bun it’s served on is not vegan either. It’s made with cream (milk).
Are Culver’s Onion Rings vegan?
No. The Onion Rings at Culver’s contain milk, so unfortunately not vegan.
Is Culver’s Signature Sauce Vegan?
No. Culver’s Signature Sauce contains egg and dairy.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I had to make a trip to try out Culver’s Sweet Potato Fries and I have to say, they are really, really good.
Jen’s Pick: N/A
More Links and Info
- Information in this guide was pulled directly from Culver’s Nutrition and Allergen Guide as well as their Quality Ingredients Guide
- If you’d like to check out Culver’s full menu, head over to Culver’s Official Menu page
- Not quite what you’re looking for? We have Vegan Cheat Sheets for over 175 popular chain restaurants, including other burger and fry places like Burger King and Bareburger
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!