The vegan options at Cava include a ton of Mediterranean options like pitas, falafel and hummus. Cava is a healthy fast casual restaurant serving Greek and Mediterranean fare and partnering with non-profits to give back to communities. It’s a little pricey, but absolutely delicious.
Here is the full list of vegan options at Cava:
Vegan Options at Cava
Start with a Base
- Salad – With SuperGreens, Organic Arugula, Spinach, Romaine, or SplendidGreens
- Grain Bowl – With Saffron Basmati Rice, Brown Basmati Rice, or Black Lentils
- Greens & Grains – Mix your favorite grain and salad greens
- Pita – Large warm pita
- Mini Pitas – One mini pita – perfect for a light bite or a snack
- Rightrice – A high protein and high fiber grain made from 90% vegetables (lentils, chickpeas, and peas).
Dips + Spreads
If you’re making your own, you can choose up to 3 dips/spreads (you can also pick the same one more than once 😉
- Roasted Eggplant – Roasted eggplant puree, onion, garlic and fresh parsley
- Hummus – The recipe could not be simpler: chickpeas pureed with tahini, lemon juice, fresh garlic and Kosher salt.
- Harissa – A traditional spicy table spread made from tomatoes and peppers.
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus – Fresh roasted red peppers pureed with chickpeas, tahini and garlic.
- Falafel – Chickpeas / Parsley / Herbs
- Roasted Seasonal Vegetables – Brussels Sprouts / Butternut Squash / Carrots / Cauliflower
- Roasted White Sweet Potato. White Sweet Potatoes / Olive Oil / Paprika / Coriander / Salt
- Shredded Romaine
- Tomato + Onion Salad
- Pickled Onions
- Kalamata Olives
- Cabbage Slaw
- Tomato + Cucumber Salad
- Diced Cucumber
- Pita Crisps
- Fresno Peppers
- Fire-Roasted Corn
- Lentil Tabbouleh
- Lemon Herb Tahini
- Greek Vinaigrette
- Hot Harissa Vinaigrette
- Tahini Caesar
- Pita Chips
- Side Pita
- Roasted Tomato with Harissa
- Lentil Avocado Bowl
Note: CAVA labels all their ingredients right on the glass as you’re picking and choosing, so ordering is super easy even if you don’t have our guide handy.
*As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
CAVA Vegan FAQ
Is the falafel at CAVA vegan?
Yes! The falafel at CAVA is made of chickpeas, parsley and herbs and is 100% vegan.
Is the pita at CAVA vegan?
Yes! The pita at CAVA is vegan. Feel free to load it up with falafel, hummus and veggies!
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 170 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: The falafel is excellent. I love heat and I’m a big fan of both the Harissa hummus and the Harissa vinaigrette dressing. The combo will tear you up though so be ready! I’ll round out my pita with corn, slaw, peppers and lettuce.
Jen’s Pick: Falafel is one of my favorites–may even be a slight falafel snob if that’s such a thing… ha! I like to go with the greens & grains base with roasted eggplant, hummus, falafel, pickled onions, kalamata olives, diced cucumbers and the lemon herb tahini.
- To see Cava’s full menu head over to Cava’s official menu on their website
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has over 130 Vegan Guides for popular chain restaurants including other locations like Pita Pit and Naf Naf Grill
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know