The vegan options at Cava include a ton of Mediterranean options like pitas, falafel and hummus.
Cava is a healthy fast casual restaurant serving Greek and Mediterranean fare and partnering with non-profits to give back to communities. It’s a little pricey, but absolutely delicious.
Here is the full list of vegan options at Cava:
Vegan Options at Cava
Curated Bowl & Pita
Not a big fan of having to put together your own, go with a curated bowl or pita. These two are vegan as-is.
- Lentil Avocado Bowl … comes with falafel, roasted veggies, avocado, spinach, supergreens, roasted eggplant, hummus, pickled onion, cucumber, lentil tabbouleh, cabbage slaw, skhug, and garlic dressing.
- Crispy Falafel Pita … comes with falafel, hummus, roasted eggplant, pickles, cabbage slaw, tomato + onion, garlic dressing, and skhug.
Or, “customize your meal to fit your tastes.” – Cava
Start with a Base
- Salad … choose supergreens, organic arugula, spinach, romaine or splendidgreens
- Grain Bowl … choose saffron basmati rice, brown basmati rice, black lentils or RightRice.
- Rightrice … a high protein and high fiber grain made from 90% vegetables (lentils, chickpeas, and peas).
- Greens & Grains … mix of your favorite grain and salad greens.
- Pita … large warm pita.
- Mini Pita … one mini pita; perfect for a light bite or a snack.
Dips + Spreads
If you’re making your own, you can choose up to 3 dips/spreads (you can also pick the same one more than once).
- Roasted Eggplant … roasted eggplant puree, onion, garlic, and fresh parsley.
- Hummus … chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and kosher salt.
- Harissa … a traditional spicy table spread made from tomatoes and peppers.
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus … fresh roasted red peppers pureed with chickpeas, tahini, and garlic.
- Falafel … chickpeas, parsley & herbs
- Roasted Vegetables … brussels sprouts, carrots & cauliflower
- Roasted White Sweet Potato … white sweet potato with olive oil, paprika, coriander & salt.
- Shredded Romaine
- Tomato + Onion Salad
- Pickled Onions
- Kalamata Olives
- Cabbage Slaw
- Persian Cucumber
- Tomato + Cucumber Salad
- Salt Brined Pickles
- Fire-Roasted Corn
- Pita Crisps
- Lentil Tabbouleh
- Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette (check for availability)
- Lemon Herb Tahini
- Tahini Caesar
- Greek Vinaigrette
- Garlic Dressing
- Hot Harissa Vinaigrette
- Side Pita
- Pita Chips
- Kid’s Mini Pita, Snack & a Drink. For your pita, choose a grain, 1 dip/spread, 1 protein, 2 toppings, and a dressing. Pick a snack: kid’s chips or carrots sticks. Drinks include a fountain drink or kids’s apple juice.
Note: CAVA labels all their ingredients right on the glass as you’re picking and choosing, so ordering is super easy even if you do not have our guide handy.
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
CAVA Vegan FAQ
Is the falafel at CAVA vegan?
Yes! The falafel at CAVA is made of chickpeas, parsley and herbs and is 100% vegan.
Is the pita at CAVA vegan?
Yes! The pita at CAVA is vegan. Feel free to load it up with falafel, hummus and veggies!
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: The falafel is excellent. I love heat and I’m a big fan of both the Harissa hummus and the Harissa vinaigrette dressing. The combo will tear you up though so be ready! I’ll round out my pita with corn, slaw, peppers and lettuce.
Jen’s Pick: Falafel is one of my favorites–may even be a slight falafel snob if that’s such a thing… ha! I like to go with the greens & grains base with roasted eggplant, hummus, falafel, pickled onions, kalamata olives, diced cucumbers and the lemon herb tahini.
More Links and Info:
- To see Cava’s full menu head over to Cava’s official menu on their website
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has over 175 Vegan Guides for popular chain restaurants including other locations like Pita Pit and Naf Naf Grill
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!