Vegan cheese is not among the vegan options at California Pizza Kitchen; however, you can make a few modifications to ‘veganize’ a couple pizzas, salads and a few other menu items as well, including adding plant-based chicken. There’s also a few options that require no modifications like the White Corn Guacamole & Chips, Dakota Smashed Pea & Barley Soup or the Tomato Basil Spaghetti.
Here is the full list of everything vegan at California Pizza Kitchen (along with modifications where needed).
Vegan Options at California Pizza Kitchen
California Pizza Kitchen specifically asks that you let your server know that you are vegan, have a food allergy or have a dietary restriction before ordering.
Vegan Appetizers/Small Plates
- White Corn Guacamole & Chips*
- Shaved Mushroom & Spinach Flatbread. Order with NO cheese (Hawaii only)
- Lettuce Wraps (request with ONLY Chinese vegetables)
- Fresh Fruit
Soups, Bowls & Salads
- Dakota Smashed Pea & Barley Soup
- BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad. Order with NO cheese or ranch. Sub chicken with plant-based chicken. Add fresh avocado (optional)
- Banh Mi Bowl. Order with NO chicken or chili lime vinaigrette. Sub with plant-based chicken.
- Asparagus & Arugula Salad. Order with NO cheese (Hawaii only)
- The Mediterranean Salad. Order with NO feta or mustard herb vinaigrette
- Roasted Veggie Salad* Order with NO dijon balsamic
According to CPK allergens page, oil & vinegar are your only vegan dressing options.
Pizza and Pasta
- Plant Based BBQ Chicken Pizza. Order with NO cheese.
- California Veggie Pizza. Order with NO cheese – comes with broccolini, eggplant, cremini mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted corn and red onions.
- Tostada Pizza. Order with NO ranch or cheese
- Tomato Basil Spaghetti
- Fusilli Pasta & Tomato Sauce or Olive Oil*. Add Baby Broccoli* (Kids Menu)
- Original Hand Tossed*
- Wheat Whole Grain*
- Crispy Thin*
- Gluten Free Crust
- Pizza Marinara
- Spicy Marinara
*Per CPK Allergens Page, non-vegan allergens are possibly cross-contaminated at the supplier level. Additional cross-contact may occur in the restaurant kitchen.
California Pizza Kitchen Vegan FAQ
Does California Pizza Kitchen have vegan cheese?
No. Unfortunately California Pizza Kitchen does not offer vegan cheese of any kind.
Is the Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower vegan?
No. Unfortunately not. The Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower contains both eggs and dairy. The Cauliflower is prepared in a buttermilk batter and then topped with Gorgonzola cheese.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 140 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: The Lettuce Wraps are solid. Jen and I split the California Veggie Pizza. It’s good, but I really struggle eating pizza with no cheese. A little Daiya Mozzarella and this pizza would be excellent.
Jen’s Pick: I thought the Lettuce Wraps were really good. I can deal with “cheese-less” pizza better than Ryan… maybe because I’ve had to do it for longer? The Veggie Pizza was really good, as well–first time I’ve had eggplant on a pizza.
- If you’d like to check the menu yourself, head on over to the official California Pizza Kitchen Menu
- In the mood for pizza, but this isn’t quite what you were hoping for? Check out the vegan options at Blaze Pizza and Mod Pizza or one of the other over 125 popular chain restaurants on our Cheat Sheet Guides Main Page
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know