The vegan options at California Pizza Kitchen are pretty decent! Unfortunately, vegan cheese is not available but you do have a few pizzas you can order with modifications, including the Plant Based BBQ Chicken Pizza.
And what’s great is you have plenty of options that need no modification, like the Lettuce Wraps with Chinese Vegetables, Dakota Smashed Pea & Barley Soup and the Tomato Basil Spaghetti.
Here is the full list of everything vegan at California Pizza Kitchen along with their disclaimers.
Vegan Options at California Pizza Kitchen
California Pizza Kitchen specifically asks that you let your server know that you are vegan, have a food allergy or have a dietary restriction before ordering.
Vegan Appetizers/Small Plates
- White Corn Guacamole & Chips … comes with diced avocado, sweet corn, black beans, jicama, bell peppers, fresh cilantro, serrano peppers and are served with housemade blue & white corn tortilla chips.
- Lettuce Wraps with Chinese Vegetables … comes with fresh shiitake mushrooms, water chestnuts, rice sticks and scallions tossed in spicy ginger soy sauce with lettuce wraps.
Soup, Bowl & Salad
- Dakota Smashed Pea & Barley Soup … a blend of barley, carrots, onions, savory herbs and scallions.
- Banh Mi Power Bowl. Order with NO chicken or chili-lime vinaigrette. SUB with the plant based chicken and oil & vinegar or spicy ginger soy sauce (used for the lettuce wraps) … comes with quinoa, baby kale, fresh cilantro & mint, watermelon radish, fresh avocado, cucumber, carrot, bean sprouts, scallions and sesame seeds.
- Roasted Veggie Salad. Order with NO Dijon balsamic vinaigrette. SUB with oil & vinegar … comes with romaine lettuce, artichoke hearts, asparagus, eggplant, red & yellow peppers, corn, avocado and sun-dried tomatoes.
- The Mediterranean Salad. Order with NO feta or mustard herb vinaigrette. SUB with oil & vinegar … comes with romaine, roma tomatoes, garbanzos, black olives and red onion.
According to CPK allergens page, oil & vinegar is your only vegan dressing option. See the FAQ section for more info on the dressings.
Pizza and Pasta
Choose Original or Crispy Thin Pizza Crust. The Pizza Marinara and Spicy Marinara are both vegan.
- Plant Based BBQ Chicken Pizza. Order with NO cheese … comes with plant-based chicken, BBQ sauce, red onions and fresh cilantro. Also available with pineapple.
- California Veggie Pizza. Order with NO cheese … comes with broccolini, eggplant, cremini mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted corn and red onions.
- Wild Mushroom Pizza. Order with NO cheese (romano, mozzarella & parmesan) … comes with shaved cremini, shiitake, portobello mushrooms and slivered scallions.
- California Club Pizza. Order with NO bacon, cheese or mayo. SUB chicken with plant-based chicken … comes with avocado, wild arugula, fresh tomatoes, torn basil and romaine. For a sauce, you can add pizza marinara or oil & vinegar on the side to drizzle on.
- Tomato Basil Spaghetti … with sauteed garlic and fresh basil.
- Choose a 7″ Pizza with Soup or Salad.
- Choose Tomato Basil Spaghetti with Soup or Salad.
- Choose a Soup + Salad Duo
- Fusilli Pasta. Choose Tomato Sauce or Olive Oil. Add Baby Broccoli (optional)
- Kids Pizzas are available: Ask if one of the options above could be made with modifications.
- Fresh Fruit
CPK Disclaimer: Due to differences in suppliers, ingredient substitutions, recipe revisions, product preparation, product assembly, shared cooking and preparation areas, cross-contact with other foods, and the processing of certain sub-ingredients, CPK cannot guarantee that any item is completely free of any animal product or allergen (unless it is a certified gluten-free pizza) and we assume no responsibility for guests with food allergies, food sensitivities or dietary restrictions.
*As with any restaurant that does not have a 100% vegan kitchen, cross-contamination can occur. You choose your level of comfort.
California Pizza Kitchen Vegan FAQ
Does California Pizza Kitchen have vegan cheese?
No. Unfortunately California Pizza Kitchen does not offer vegan cheese of any kind.
Is the Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower vegan?
No. Unfortunately not. The Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower contains both eggs and dairy. The Cauliflower is prepared in a buttermilk batter and then topped with Gorgonzola cheese.
What Vegan Salad Dressings are at California Pizza Kitchen?
According to CPK allergens page, Oil & Vinegar is your only vegan dressing option.
We have reached out to CPK to ask about the Chili Lime Vinaigrette, Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette, Lime Cilantro and Champagne Vinaigrette because they do not contain dairy, eggs or fish. It is possible they all contain honey. We’ll update our guide if/when we learn more.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: The Lettuce Wraps are solid. Jen and I split the California Veggie Pizza. It’s good, but I really struggle eating pizza with no cheese. A little Daiya Mozzarella and this pizza would be excellent.
Jen’s Pick: I thought the Lettuce Wraps were really good. I can deal with “cheese-less” pizza better than Ryan… maybe because I’ve had to do it for longer? The Veggie Pizza was really good, as well–first time I’ve had eggplant on a pizza.
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to check the menu yourself, head on over to the official California Pizza Kitchen Menu
- In the mood for pizza, but this isn’t quite what you were hoping for? Check out the vegan options at Blaze Pizza and Mod Pizza or one of the other over 175 popular chain restaurants on our Cheat Sheet Guides Main Page
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!