Vegan cheese is not among the vegan options at California Pizza Kitchen. However, you can make a few modifications to ‘veganize’ many of the salads and a few other menu items as well. There’s also a couple good appetizer options like the Lettuce Wraps, Shishito Peppers and the White Corn Guacamole. Here is the full list of everything vegan at California Pizza Kitchen (along with modifications where needed).
Vegan Options at California Pizza Kitchen
- Charred Shishito Peppers
- White Corn Guacamole & Chips*
- Lettuce Wraps (request with ONLY Chinese vegetables)
- Dakota Smashed Pea & Barley Soup
- Banh Mi Bowl. Advise NO chicken
- Asparagus & Arugula Salad* Advise NO dairy
- The Mediterranean Salad. Advise NO dairy. (Allergen Page did not confirm the mustard herb dressing is vegan — check with server or switch to a confirmed vegan dressing from below)
- Super Spinach & Quinoa Salad
- Roasted Veggie Salad*
- Quinoa & Arugula Salad* Advise NO feta cheese
- California Veggie Pizza. Advise NO cheese – Broccolini, eggplant, Cremini mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted corn and red onions.
- Tostada Thin Crust. Advise NO dairy & herb ranch
- Fusilli Pasta & Tomato Sauce or Olive Oil*. Add Baby Broccoli* (Kids Menu)
- Fresh Fruit
- Original Hand Tossed*
- Wheat Whole Grain*
- Crispy Thin*
- Gluten Free Crust
- Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Champagne Vinaigrette
- Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- Oil & Vinegar
*Per CPK Allergens Page, non-vegan allergens are possibly cross-contaminated at the supplier level. Additional cross-contact may occur in the restaurant kitchen… Before placing your order, please inform the manager at the CPK location you are ordering from if anyone in your party has a food allergy or dietary restriction.
California Pizza Kitchen Vegan FAQ
Does California Pizza Kitchen have vegan cheese?
No. Unfortunately California Pizza Kitchen does not offer vegan cheese of any kind.
Is the Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower vegan?
No. Unfortunately not. The Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower contains both eggs and dairy. The Cauliflower is prepared in a buttermilk batter and then topped with Gorgonzola cheese.
VeggL Cheat Sheet Guides
Ryan’s Pick: The Lettuce Wraps are solid. Jen and I split the California Veggie Pizza. It’s good, but I really struggle eating pizza with no cheese. A little Daiya Mozzarella and this pizza would be excellent.
Jen’s Pick: I thought the Lettuce Wraps were really good. I can deal with “cheese-less” pizza better than Ryan. Maybe cause I’ve had to do it for longer? I thought the Veggie Pizza was really good, first time I’ve had eggplant on a pizza.
- If you’d like to check the menu yourself, head on over to the official California Pizza Kitchen Menu
- In the mood for pizza, but this isn’t quite what you were hoping for? Check out the vegan options at Blaze Pizza and Mod Pizza or one of the other over 115 popular chain restaurants on our Cheat Sheet Guides Main Page
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know