The vegan options at Applebee’s are looking good! They have a couple of appetizers, salads, bowls, an Impossible burger and a few sides.
We are excited Applebee’s has been paying more attention to their vegan audience and give you all of their options (with modifications) below:
Vegan Options at Applebee’s
- Pretzels (come in orders of two). These are from the Brew Pub Pretzels. Instead of having to pay the full price for the Brew Pub Pretzels, then having to say NO honey mustard or cheese dip, you can order just the Pretzels. You can ask for regular mustard or marinara sauce to dip (optional).
- White Queso Dip & Chips. Order with NO white queso. SUB with guacamole and/or chipotle lime salsa.
- Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Salad. Order with NO chicken. SUB with an Impossible patty (optional–will cost a little extra). This salad also comes with a breadstick. Order the breadstick with NO garlic butter or dairy on top … comes with fresh greens with garden tomatoes, red onions, sliced almonds, fresh strawberries and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Served with a lemon olive oil vinaigrette on the side.
- House Salad. Order with NO cheese. Pick a vegan dressing below.
- Chipotle Lime Salsa
- Italian Dressing
- Lemon Olive Oil Vinaigrette
- Breadsticks. Order with NO alfredo or garlic butter. SUB with marinara sauce.
- Southwest Chicken Bowl. Order with NO chicken. SUB with an Impossible patty (optional) … comes with fresh greens, cilantro rice, house-made pico de gallo, black bean corn salsa and guacamole. Topped with chimichurri, tortilla strips and a fresh lime wedge.
- Impossible Cheeseburger. Order with NO cheese. The brioche bun IS vegan.
- Pasta Noodles with Marinara.
- Breadsticks. Order with NO alfredo or garlic butter. SUB with marinara.
- Baked Potato. Order with NO butter or sour cream. SUB with guacamole and/or chipotle lime salsa or add a side of black bean corn salsa.
- Waffle Fries*
- Steamed Broccoli. Order with NO butter.
Applebee’s Disclaimer: Applebee’s defines vegan as not containing any animal products or byproducts including meat, rennet, gelatin, eggs, dairy, or honey. Because we have multiple sources of animal products in our shared cooking and prep areas, including common fryer oil, we are unable to guarantee that any menu item be completely free of animal products or byproducts.
Note: VeggL is a US-based website. All info contained on our site (and app) is regarding US-based locations.
Applebee’s Vegan FAQ
Does Applebee’s have a vegan burger?
Yes!! Applebee’s has an Impossible Cheeseburger. You will want to order it with NO cheese but the brioche bun it is on, IS vegan. 🙂
Is Applebee’s Pasta Vegan?
Yes! Applebee’s pasta is vegan! You can order Pasta with Marinara at Applebee’s.
Are Applebee’s mashed potatoes vegan?
No. The Garlic mashed potatoes at Applebee’s contain butter.
Can I eat WFPB (Whole Food Plant Based) at Applebee’s?
Yes! Order a baked potato plain (not cooked with or topped with butter) with steamed broccoli (order eith NO butter) and salsa.
Are Applebee’s Fries Vegan?
The fries themselves are vegan, however, the fries at Applebee’s may be cooked in the same fryer as meat products.
Many vegans are willing to accept the fact that cross-contamination is going to be an issue with most things at restaurants, but we want to make you aware in case that’s a deal-breaker for you.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Jen’s Pick: The Strawberry Balsamic Salad with the Impossible Burger in place of chicken is very good… and filling! The pretzels, as an appetizer, are tasty as well.
Ryan’s Pick: Pretzels are a bit “doughy” but I liked them and would order again. The Impossible Burger was good; nothing overly exciting, but good. Waffle Fries were the star though–crispy, well seasoned, and beyond my expectations.
More Links and Info:
- If you’d like to check out Applebee’s Full Menu head over to their Official Menu Page
- Not seeing exactly what you were looking for? We also have cheat sheets for Chili’s, PF Changs and over 175 other popular restaurant chains on our Vegan Guides Main Menu
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!