We have noticed the vegan options at Baskin-Robbins vary by location and time of year. Our list contains what they currently have on their website but please check with your location for availability.
And do not be surprised if you see different options each time you visit as they have been coming out with new flavors since they began offering a non-dairy option.
Order a scoop in a cup, in a cake cone, in a sundae with a couple of toppings or in a float!
Vegan Options at Baskin-Robbins
- Cake Cone
–> The Sugar Cone contains honey.
Non-Dairy Ice Cream
Flavors and availability vary by location. The following flavor is what is on BR’s website at our most recent guide update.
- Non-Dairy Mint Chocochunk
- Daiquiri Ice. “If you put your ear up to this summery lime ice with a splash of rum flavoring, you can hear the ocean.” -Baskin Robbins
Create Your Own Sundae
- Order either 1, 2 or 3 scoops of the non-dairy ice cream available at the time you are visiting, choose from the toppings below. To be safe, we suggest also letting them know you do NOT want whipped cream.
- Almonds, chopped
- Maraschino Cherry
- Oreo Crunch Topping*
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Sauce*
*The ingredient lists for the Oreo Crunch Topping & Reese’s Peanut Butter Sauce are listed in the FAQ section.
The Float option doesn’t seem to be available at all locations. It is listed on Baskin Robbins website but we have yet to see it in any of the locations we have visited.
- Mangonada – Baskin Robbins released this drink at the end of March 2021. It’s a tribute to an authentic Mexican drink featuring Mango Puree with chamoy and Tajin Clasico Seasoning. Honestly, we’re not going to be able to do a better job of explaining than Baskin Robbins does here. This was supposed to only be available for a limited time and it’s still there!
- Float. Order a Float with your choice of beverage (Coca-Cola or Barq’s Root Beer) and your choice of non-dairy ice cream. We have listed above the flavor at the time of updating this page (12/2022). We suggest verifying which non-dairy ice creams are available at the time of visiting.
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Baskin Robbins Vegan FAQ
Are Baskin Robbins cones vegan?
Yes! (and no). The Cake Cone at Baskin Robbins is vegan. However, the Sugar Cone contains honey and the Fresh Baked Waffle Cone contains eggs and milk.
Does Baskin Robbins have dairy-free options?
Yes! Baskin Robbins currently offering a Non-Dairy Non-Dairy Mint Chocochunk ice cream, as well as Daiquiri Ice.
The Cake Cone and Sugar Cone are both dairy free but the Sugar Cone contains honey.
Is Baskin Robbins Rainbow Sherbet dairy free?
No. The Rainbow Sherbet contains milk and appears to no longer be available per their online menu.
Is Baskin Robbins Caramel Praline Topping Vegan?
No. BR’s Caramel Praline topping contains dairy from the ingredient, sweetened condensed milk.
Is Baskin Robbins’ Oreo Crunch Topping Vegan?
It appears to be “accidentally vegan” just like Oreos are. In fact, I think their Oreo Crunch Topping is just crushed Oreos. Here are the ingredients:
Oreo® Crunch Topping: Unbleached Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Palm and/or Canola Oil, Cocoa processed with alkali, Invert Sugar, Leavening (Baking Soda and/or Calcium Phosphate), Soy Lecithin, Salt, Chocolate, Natural Flavor
Is Baskin Robbins Hot Fudge Topping Vegan?
No. Baskin Robbins Hot Fudge Topping contains dairy.
However ask if they have a Chocolate Syrup. Their chocolate syrup does not contain dairy. It does have sugars, natural flavors and artificial flavor that we have not confirmed sources of, but you if you are ok with “accidentally vegan” options, their Chocolate Syrup would be ok… but NOT the Hot Fudge Topping.
Is Baskin Robbins Reese’s Peanut Butter Sauce Vegan?
Yes! Baskin Robbins’ Reese’s Peanut Butter Sauce is “accidentally vegan.” Here are the ingredients:
REESE’S® Peanut Butter Sauce: Peanuts, Peanut Oil, Sugar, Contains 2% or less of: Salt, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Canola, Cottonseed, and Soybean Oils), Cornstarch.
Are any of the Smoothies at Baskin Robbins Vegan?
The Mango Banana, Strawberry Banana and Tropical Banana Smoothies all contain dairy.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Jen’s Pick: It depends on how I’m feeling that day, but it generally comes down to either the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or the Watermelon Splash Ice.
Ryan’s Pick: As a lover of chocolate, I usually go with the Chocolate Extreme dairy-free ice cream although the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is pretty good too.
Most recently we tried the Non-Dairy Strawberry Streusel. I’m not usually a fan of fruity-flavored ice creams, but this Strawberry Streusel was excellent! I would definitely recommend giving it a try.
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to check out Baskin-Robbins entire menu head over to their Official Menu Page
- Don’t have a Baskin Robbins close by? We also have cheat sheets for Ben & Jerry’s, Dairy Queen and over 215 other popular chain restaurants on our Vegan Guides Main Menu
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up-to-date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!