The vegan options at Dairy Queen might be better than you think. That’s never been more true than now.
In April of 2020, Dairy Queen announced that they would be launching vegan ice cream bars. These Non-Dairy Dilly Bars feature a coconut cream base and chocolate-flavored coating, and they are delicious!
As for an actual meal, you could put together a side salad with fries and/or pretzels sticks (with NO queso).
Here are all of your vegan options:
Vegan Options at Dairy Queen
Vegan Ice Cream/Frozen Treats
We are no longer seeing the Non-Dairy Dilly Bars on the menu. Until we learn more, ask prior to ordering.
- Non-dairy Dilly Bars
- Star Kiss Frozen Treat. Not available at all locations
Smoothies and Slushes
Previously, we had a “light smoothie” listed that was made with just fresh fruit but we are no longer seeing this on the menu. You can check with your location to see if it is available.
- Misty Slush. Choose your flavor: cherry, mango, lemon lime, blue raspberry, or kiwi strawberry. All contain artificial colors.
- Pretzel Sticks. Order with NO queso.
- Side Salad. Choose a vegan dressing below … comes with lettuce, tomatoes, carrot, and red cabbage.
- Hamburger with NO meat patty. Ask them to add tomato, onion, lettuce, pickles, ketchup & mustard if you choose to.
- Hashbrowns* (Breakfast)
- Lay’s BBQ, Original & Baked Potato Chips
Options may vary.
- Marzetti Asian Sesame Dressing
- Marzetti Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Marzetti Fat Free California French Style Dressing
- Marzetti Light Italian Dressing
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Dairy Queen Vegan FAQ
Is anything dairy free at Dairy Queen?
There is now! Dairy Queen will begin offering non-dairy Dilly Bars in April of 2020. This is Dairy Queen’s first non-dairy/vegan ice cream option. Still no Blizzards yet, but it’s a start!
Are the smoothies at Dairy Queen vegan?
The following Light Smoothies were made with fresh fruit and no yogurt but are no longer on the menu. You can check with your location to see if they are still offered and just happen to not be shown on it.
These are the flavors that were available: Orange, Strawberry, Strawberry Banana, Tripleberry Mango Pineapple, Berry-Pom, OrangeBerry & Pina Colada.
Are onion rings at Dairy Queen vegan?
No. The Onion Rings at Dairy Queen contain whey which is from dairy.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 350 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: The Dilly bars are excellent!! We used to get the ice cream bars that came on a stick when I was growing up all the time. This reminds me exactly of those.
Also, the pretzel sticks are really, really good. I tried them out when we went recently to try out the Dilly Bars and they far exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend giving those a try.
Jen’s Pick: If I’m in the mood for chocolate then I’ll 100% go with a Dilly Bar. But, I also really like the Starkiss frozen treat.
More Links and Info:
- If you’d like to see Dairy Queen’s full menu, you can click over to their Official Menu Page
- Not quite what you’re looking for? VeggL has Vegan Guides for over 175 other popular chain restaurants including other ice cream spots like Baskin Robbins and Ben & Jerry’s.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!