The vegan options at Dairy Queen might be better than you think. That’s never been more true than now. In April of 2020, Dairy Queen announced that they are launching vegan ice cream bars. They will be Non-Dairy Dilly Bars featuring a coconut cream base and chocolate-flavored coating. They also have ‘light smoothies’ that are made with fresh fruit. You can go with fries and hashbrowns IF you don’t mind your food sharing a fryer. As for an actual meal – good luck. A side salad is available along with some modified options and side items.
Vegan Options at Dairy Queen
VeggL Quick Order
- Non-dairy Dilly Bars
- Papaya Paradise Light (the regular smoothie contains dairy) Limited offer
- Misty Slush – Blue Raspberry, Kiwi Strawberry, Grape, Cherry & Lemon Lime. (All contain artificial colors)
- Light Smoothies – Orange, Strawberry, Strawberry Banana, Tripleberry Mango Pineapple, Berry-Pom, OrangeBerry & Pina Colada. Made with fresh fruit & no yogurt. Check with your location to make sure available & confirm there is NO dairy in it
- Starkiss Frozen Treat. Not available at all locations
- Cheeseburger Deluxe. Advise NO meat, cheese or mayo. Ask to double the veggies
- Pretzel Sticks. NO queso. **The current ingredient list has L-Cysteine. DQ could not confirm what the source was; however, we were informed there is a new formula that does not contain L-Cysteine and is available in some stores but until it is in all, the ingredients list on the website will remain the same. Please check with your local store for an ingredient list.
- Side Salad with Vegan Dressing from below
- Hashbrowns^ (Breakfast)
- Lay’s BBQ, Original & Baked Potato Chips
- Marzetti Asian Sesame Dressing
- Marzetti Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Marzetti Fat Free California French Style Dressing
- Marzetti Light Italian Dressing
^DQ shares equipment and fryers with meat/fish/shellfish
Dairy Queen Vegan FAQ
Is anything dairy free at Dairy Queen?
There is now! Dairy Queen will begin offering non-dairy Dilly Bars in April of 2020. This is Dairy Queen’s first non-dairy/vegan ice cream option. Still no Blizzards yet, but it’s a start!
Are the smoothies at Dairy Queen vegan?
The Light Smoothies at Dairy Queen (Orange, Strawberry, Strawberry Banana, Tripleberry Mango Pineapple, Berry-Pom, OrangeBerry & Pina Colada) are made with fresh fruit (not yogurt) and are vegan. We recommend double checking with your local store to confirm.
Are onion rings at Dairy Queen vegan?
No. The Onion Rings at Dairy Queen contain milk and are therefore, not vegan.
VeggL Cheat Sheet Guides
Ryan’s Pick: The Dilly bars are excellent!!! We used to get the ice cream bars that came on a stick when I was growing up all the time. This reminds me exactly of those. Also, the pretzel sticks are really, really good. I tried them out when we went recently to try out the Dilly Bars and they far exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend giving those a try.
Jen’s Pick: If I’m in the mood for chocolate then I’ll 100% go with a Dilly Bar. But, I also really like the Starkiss frozen treat. It’s basically a popsicle with three different flavors.
- If you’d like to see Dairy Queen’s full menu, you can click over to their Official Menu Page
- Not quite what you’re looking for? VeggL has Cheat Sheets for over 60 other popular chain restaurants.
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know
Last Updated 4/23/20
4/23/20 – Dairy Queen announces they will begin offering non-dairy Dilly Bars. These Ice Cream bars on a stick will feature a coconut creme base and a chocolate-flavored coating.