White Castle has been serving up Impossible Sliders since way back in 2018. Considering some of the hype Burger King got over their Impossible Whopper and Pizza Hut recently got for it’s Beyond Meat, we feel like White Castle’s Impossible Slider has flown a bit under the radar.
If you’ve gone vegan recently and used to love those steamed burgers with pickles and onions from White Castle, we highly suggest giving the Impossible version a try. In addition to the sliders we detail every vegan option from White Castle below. Enjoy!
Vegan Options at White Castle
VeggL Quick Order
In line and need to order, like NOW?!? Here is what we recommend:
- Get an Impossible Slider (or two) with fries. Select locations carry dairy free cheese – if yours does, go for it if want. If they don’t, obviously order with no cheese.
- If it’s breakfast time, you’re really limited. You can order some Hash Brown Nibblers and/or some Wheat Toast with either Strawberry Jam or Grape Jelly.
- Impossible Slider – The Impossible Slider is vegan* if ordered with NO cheese. (Dairy Free Cheddar Slices are available at select locations)
- Dr. Praeger’s Veggie Patty – Also known as the ‘Veggie Burger’
- Onions and Pickle Slices
- French Fries*
- Onion Rings* (BASED ON LOCATION**)
**Onion Rings vegan details – This is pretty wild. We’ve done A LOT of these guides and this is the only instance we’ve ever come across this. White Castle has THREE different Onion Rings/Chips ingredient lists depending on the region of the country you live. So, if you live in the Chicago, Louisville or St Louis regions there is a chance your Onion Rings are vegan. Make sure to check with your location!
Vegan Breakfast at White Castle
- Hash Brown Nibblers*
- Wheat Toast
Condiments & Sauces
- Motts Snack and Go Natural Apple Sauce Pouch
- Smokey BBQ Sauce
- Marinara Sauce Tubs
- Everything Sauce
- Dusseldorf Mustard (select regions)
- Yellow Mustard
- Horseradish Mustard (select regions)
- Seafood Cocktail Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Strawberry Jam
- Grape Jelly
- Mrs. Butterworth’s Syrup
White Castle Vegan FAQ
Is the Veggie Burger at White Castle vegan?
The Veggie Burger at White Castle is a Dr. Praeger’s Veggie Patty served on a White Castle traditional bun. The bun at White Castle is vegan and here is the ingredients list for the patty:
Carrots, Onions, String Beans, Oat Bran, Soybeans, Zucchini, Peas, Broccoli, Corn, Soy Flour, Spinach,
Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Red Pepper, Arrowroot, Corn Starch, Garlic, Corn Meal, Salt, Parsley, Black
As long as you forego the ranch or honey mustard, the veggie burger at White Castle is vegan*.
Are impossible sliders at White Castle vegan?
The impossible sliders at White Castle are vegan. Just make sure to order with no cheese. Some locations offer a Daiya dairy-free cheese. Just ask your location.
*White Castle Cross Contamination Statement
All food is prepared in common kitchens that may involve some shared cooking and preparation areas, equipment and utensils, and the possibility exists for your food items to come into contact with other food products, including allergens.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 125 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Use the Free version for unlimited access or upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never do the ‘panic search’ to figure out what you can eat with your friends and family ever again.
Ryan’s Pick: Let me preface my pick/review with the fact that I wasn’t a huge White Castle fan pre-vegan. I’ve had the Impossible Sliders a couple times and, for me, they’re okay. I think if you like White Castle though, then they might be a great option. Fans are the old school crinkle cut fries, pretty good with some ketchup.
More Info and Links:
- Want to see White Castle’s full menu? Head over to the White Castle Official Menu page.
- Information taken directly from White Castle’s Ingredient List
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have cheat sheets for Burger King and Carl’s Jr along with over 110 other popular chain restaurants on our Vegan Restaurant Guides
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know