White Castle has been serving up Impossible Sliders since back in 2018 and a Veggie Burger from even before that in 2015.
Considering some of the hype that restaurants are getting from offering “meat” type vegan burger options, we think White Castle goes under the radar.
If you’ve gone vegan recently and used to love those steamed burgers with pickles and onions from White Castle, we highly suggest giving the Impossible version a try. Just be sure to order with NO cheese. Or ask your location if they offer a dairy-free cheese (select locations may have it).
In addition to the sliders, we detail every vegan option from White Castle below. Enjoy!
Vegan Options at White Castle
Burgers may share a grill with animal-based products. Check with your location if this is a concern for you.
- Impossible Slider.* Select locations may offer a dairy-free cheese. Ask if your location does. If not, order with NO cheese … comes with fire-roasted onions and a pickle.
- Veggie Slider*. The menu board said it could come with ranch or a honey mustard sauce. We suggest ordering with NO sauce to be safe none is put on. The Veggie Slider is made with a Dr. Praegar Veggie Patty.
- Hamburger Onions
- Fire Roasted Onions
- Pickle Slices
- Tomato Slices
- French Fries*
- Onion Rings –> Based on location…
Onion Ring Details: This is pretty wild. We’ve done A LOT of these guides and this is the only instance where we’ve come across this. White Castle has THREE different Onion Rings/Chips ingredient lists depending on the region of the country you live.
If you live in the Chicago, Louisville or St Louis regions there is a chance your Onion Rings are vegan. Make sure to check with your location!
Vegan Breakfast at White Castle
- Hash Brown Nibblers*
- Wheat Toast
Condiments & Sauces
- Motts Snack and Go Natural Apple Sauce Pouch
- Smokey BBQ Sauce
- Marinara Sauce Tubs
- Everything Sauce
- Dusseldorf Mustard (select regions)
- Yellow Mustard
- Horseradish Mustard (select regions)
- Seafood Cocktail Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Strawberry Jam
- Grape Jelly
- Mrs. Butterworth’s Syrup
*White Castle Cross Contamination Statement
All food is prepared in common kitchens that may involve some shared cooking and preparation areas, equipment and utensils, and the possibility exists for your food items to come into contact with other food products, including allergens.
White Castle Vegan FAQ
Is the Veggie Burger at White Castle vegan?
The Veggie Burger at White Castle is a Dr. Praeger’s Veggie Patty served on a White Castle traditional bun. The bun at White Castle is vegan and here is the ingredients list for the patty:
Carrots, Onions, String Beans, Oat Bran, Soybeans, Zucchini, Peas, Broccoli, Corn, Soy Flour, Spinach,
Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Red Pepper, Arrowroot, Corn Starch, Garlic, Corn Meal, Salt, Parsley, Black Pepper
As long as you forego the ranch or honey mustard, the veggie burger at White Castle is vegan*.
Are impossible sliders at White Castle vegan?
The impossible sliders at White Castle are vegan*. Just make sure to order with no cheese. Some locations offer a Daiya dairy-free cheese… ask your location.
Are the Belgian Waffles at White Castle Vegan?
No. The Belgian Waffle contains egg and dairy.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Use the Free version for unlimited access or upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never do the ‘panic search’ to figure out what you can eat with your friends and family ever again.
Ryan’s Pick: Let me preface my pick/review with the fact that I wasn’t a huge White Castle fan pre-vegan. I’ve had the Impossible Sliders a couple times and, for me, they’re okay. I think if you liked White Castle though, then they might be a great option.
What I do like are the old school crinkle cut fries, pretty good with some ketchup.
Jen’s Pick: I like both the Impossible Slider and the Veggie Slider. I think it just depends on my taste preference for that day. The Veggie Slider has actual vegetables in it so you taste those and the Impossible tastes like a “meat” patty. The fries are decent… the most recent ones I had weren’t very crispy though so that could have been better.
More Info and Links:
- Want to see White Castle’s full menu? Head over to the White Castle Official Menu page.
- Information taken directly from White Castle’s Ingredient List.
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have cheat sheets for Burger King and Carl’s Jr along with over 215 other popular chain restaurants on our Vegan Restaurant Guides.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up-to-date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!