The vegan options at Texas Roadhouse are about what you would expect from a steakhouse.
We doubt many vegans are specifically seeking out dining at a steakhouse, but if you end up here while eating with family or friends there are a few sides that you can pull together to make a meal. You’ll also need to make a few special modifications to some menu items and we lay out all the details you need below.
Texas Roadhouse Vegan Options
- Country Vegetable Plate. Choose 4 side items from below.
- House Side Salad. Order with NO egg, cheese or croutons. Oil & Vinegar appears to be your only vegan dressing option.
- Sweet Potato … you can order with brown sugar, cinnamon or both. Verify no animal products are used on the outside (like the baked potato) or as a topping.
- Fresh Vegetables. Order with NO lemon pepper butter.
- Steamed Broccoli. Order with NO lemon pepper butter.
- Steak Fries*
*Steak Fries share a fryer with catfish.
Sauces and Dressings
- Oil & Vinegar
- Texas Roadhouse Barbeque Sauce
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Texas Roadhouse Vegan FAQ
Are the Baked Potatoes at Texas Roadhouse vegan?
We had received conflicting information for the past couple of years and had their baked potato on our guide as a possible vegan option; notating that you must ask if they used any animal ingredients on the outside first.
We have since chosen to remove them and say no, the Baked Potato is not vegan. Of course, you can still ask but we received additional info stating that Texas Roadhouse coats their baked potatoes with animal fat and that it’s done in preparation.
Are the Fries at Texas Roadhouse Vegan?
The fries themselves are vegan, however, the Steak Fries at Texas Roadhouse do share a fryer with the catfish. You can choose whether or not you’re comfortable with that or not.
Are Texas Roadhouse Buns Vegan?
No, they are not vegan. The Burger Buns at Texas Roadhouse are made with both butter and milk.
Does Texas Roadhouse Have a Veggie Burger?
No. No Veggie Burger to speak of at Texas Roadhouse when we checked the menu.
Are Texas Roadhouse Sweet Potatoes Vegan?
The Sweet Potatoes at Texas Roadhouse are vegan-friendly and can be topped with either brown sugar or cinnamon (or both). We suggest verifying with your server no animal products are used on the outside like the baked potatoes or as a topping.
Are the Green Beans Vegan at Texas Roadhouse?
No. We received info that the green beans contain multiple animal ingredients.
Is the Seasoned Rice at Texas Roadhouse vegan?
No. The allergen guide says there is dairy and we have been notified that it also has an animal ingredient base.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and now theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Jen & Ryan: We have not been to a Texas Roadhouse since we’ve been vegan. If we are ever there, we will report back what our thoughts are.
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to see the entire menu at Texas Roadhouse, head over to their Official Menu Page
- Information for this guide was pulled from Texas Roadhouse’s Allergen Guide
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has vegan guides for hundreds of locations, including other chains like Longhorn and Outback.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!